Battery - 15 hours sounds ok to me, it's the price for having a smartphone with Internet and all that. The battery didn't hold long the first few days but then I let it discharge to 5% and charged the unit over night and the problem was gone.

I don't think the phone is meant to fully support the android platform it's just to plug some holes. With that in mind you have to search for the right apk version. I tried different versions for the same app until I found the right one. I mean, even on an android phone there are app versions that drain battery due to bugs.

Keyboard- you either have a faulty unit or you don't take care of the phone. I have it for 2 months, I keep it mostly naked and I don't have one problem with it.

I do agree with you that you have to tinker too much with the device. I am usually patient with tech stuff but the bugs in this software really got to me. I had to spend more time getting the phone to work properly than I did with custom os on my android. I had to do 2 factory reboots and several hard resets which is not normal at all and I've noticed that many longtime BlackBerry users on this forum have been doing these things for so long they think it's normal. Well it's not and it should be fixed asap.

Also there's a post saying how some of these issues are "known". Well it doesn't really help that they are known and they are not mentioned when you buy the phone. You'd expect that from the few apps that BlackBerry has, the most popular ones like facebook and linkedin would work properly. Considering BlackBerry's popularity is derived from its reliability and e-mail services you'd expect these would work flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:55 AM
    Trust me people if you don't playing huge memory eating big android games every blackberry 10 phone is speedy enought for whatsapp, netflix, spotify or whatever android app.
    While I agree that the OP's complaints aren't warranted given the published specs, this is a dangerous slippery slope argument make.

I hope that it has not come down to relapsing back to the "why BB OS7 is better than iOS/Android" arguments because that's a canary in the coal mine for when Blackberry products are really in trouble.

Blackberry should focus on building more powerful phones if it hopes to remain relevant or regain marketshare.
    02-27-15 09:18 AM
    While I agree that the OP's complaints aren't warranted given the published specs, this is a dangerous slippery slope argument make.

I hope that it has not come down to relapsing back to the "why BB OS7 is better than iOS/Android" arguments because that's a canary in the coal mine for when Blackberry products are really in trouble.

Blackberry should focus on building more powerful phones if it hopes to remain relevant or regain marketshare.
    "More powerful" means different things to different people. Some want more "power" to blast through games. Some want more "power" to simply use their device more efficiently.
    02-27-15 09:29 AM
    Having the opposite result so far. My work yahoo accounts push on Apple, and check every 5 minutes(hopefully) on classic, sometimes it doesn't poll for hours for some reason, Never had an issue with gmail, but on classic sometimes it doesn't even check gmail for an entire day. Hoping this is just needing the classic to settle in, issues weren't as bad on my passport.
    I was reading in another thread that push only works on the iPhone for Yahoo. I have never been able to get it to work on my Z30 or PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 10:40 AM
    Taught that was the same for BB10 also... Google was the one doing away with Active Sync, which means iOS, B10 and Windows users have to "fetch" the email on a set time table. It is one reason I have swtiched to outlook.com for most of my personal email.

Without the features of BIS and BES... BlackBerry email is pretty much on the same playing field with everyone else, when it comes to communications protocols and security. Where BlackBerry can shine for some is with the physical keyboard.
    I believe for free Gmail accounts they removed active sync support a while ago. Paid ones use active sync. I read this in another thread here.

I am in the same boat as you. I have moved over to Outlook for this very reason.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 10:42 AM
    Doesn't google use IMAP? I have google setup on my Playbook and older Ipod and 3 active BlackBerrys plus a Moto X. Mail comes in quickly, perhaps only 10 seconds later than BIS or Outlook's Active Sync.
    Outlook email to my BlackBerry means that I will never use a less featured combination. It's a godsend and a treat.

Forget Gmail and stick with outlook. I'm hooked on active sync.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 10:45 AM
    Outlook email to my BlackBerry means that I will never use a less featured combination. It's a godsend and a treat.

Forget Gmail and stick with outlook. I'm hooked on active sync.

Posted via CB10
    Um, that didn't answer my question.....but.....thanks.
    02-27-15 10:53 AM
    I don't think you guys got my point....how would you feel buying a phone outright and already having paint shedding for the keyboard, light bleeding everywhere from the keyboard, and a lose tool belt. I'm going to put the software things on the side maybe I'm just going to do restore it maybe it will fix the problem. But, I don't feel like it's normal to already having those kind of problem after only a month and a half of use. I love the classic but I can't deal with those kind of problem already. For me it's fine (kind of) but somebody who's coming from apple or android, those problem will make him go away from BlackBerry.
    I'm probably going to sell the classic and get a passport this week-end to give it one more chance but if I have to come by those kind of problem I would have to leave even if I don't want to.

Ps : BlackBerry link needs a huge update.

Posted via CB10
    The problem with your argument is that the issues you're having like "paint peeling off" are something no one here has ever heard of, so either you have a defective product, which will happen with any mass-produced product, or your usage of it is careless, either way judging a product using these criteria is nonsensical.

By the way, there are many things that have driven / are driving away Blackberry customers, such as lack of apps, poor marketing, outdated hardware (especially on BBOS), etc, by no means is it a perfect product, but never the build quality. The damn thing is built like a tank.

In any case, I would personally return it for a replacement Classic, but whatever you choose to do, good luck.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 11:19 AM
    I believe for free Gmail accounts they removed active sync support a while ago. Paid ones use active sync. I read this in another thread here.

I am in the same boat as you. I have moved over to Outlook for this very reason.

Posted via CB10
    I get my gmail mails delivered instantly on the BlackBerry and it's not a paid account.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    02-27-15 12:14 PM
    I get my gmail mails delivered instantly on the BlackBerry and it's not a paid account.

Posted via CB10
    Only Yahoo doesn't push to my knowledge.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 12:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Only Yahoo doesn't push to my knowledge.

Posted via CB10
    Microsoft Urges Free Gmail ActiveSync Orphans to Jump to Outlook.com
    02-27-15 06:28 PM
    I have always used yahoo and for whatever reason have never have had any problems with getting or sending emails on the Berrys however they are a little ad crazy .
    02-28-15 06:44 AM
    I guess everybody is going to have a different perception of what is good or bad. All I can say is I haven't had a single problem with any of ALL the BlackBerry 10 devices I have been using since day 1 of the Z10 launch. With the exception of the first Passport I got and exchanged due to a loose 'P' key. Aside from that, they've all worked perfectly fine and the hardware / software has all been great. Sorry to hear you're not happy with your Classic. Seems to me it is an excellent device.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 07:31 AM
    I don't think you guys got my point....how would you feel buying a phone outright and already having paint shedding for the keyboard, light bleeding everywhere from the keyboard, and a lose tool belt. I'm going to put the software things on the side maybe I'm just going to do restore it maybe it will fix the problem. But, I don't feel like it's normal to already having those kind of problem after only a month and a half of use. I love the classic but I can't deal with those kind of problem already. For me it's fine (kind of) but somebody who's coming from apple or android, those problem will make him go away from BlackBerry.
    I'm probably going to sell the classic and get a passport this week-end to give it one more chance but if I have to come by those kind of problem I would have to leave even if I don't want to.

Ps : BlackBerry link needs a huge update.

Posted via CB10
    Can we get pictures of all this damage??
    02-28-15 07:46 AM
    - the camera is awful
    I love my Classic but I have to agree there - the camera is horrendous...

Just today I tried taking a photo of a document by zooming in a little as the document was posted behind a glass wall, therefore around 2ft away - and you couldn't make out any of the text whatsoever, it was completely blurry.

Reminded me of my 9900 days when trying to take a close up photo of just about anything, back then those turned out to be just as bad.
    02-28-15 07:47 AM

Just today I tried taking a photo of a document by zooming in a little as the document was posted behind a glass wall, therefore around 2ft away - and you couldn't make out any of the text whatsoever, it was completely blurry.

Reminded me of my 9900 days when trying to take a close up photo of just about anything, back then those turned out to be just as bad.
    The 9900 camera is pitiful and if you're comparing the classic to that camera, that's terrible.
    02-28-15 12:04 PM

Digitally zooming and you expect what?

Also, try clicking to focus next time. Nothing wrong with any BlackBerry 10 camera as long as you take a second to set up for the shot.
    02-28-15 07:47 PM
    Doesn't google use IMAP? I have google setup on my Playbook and older Ipod and 3 active BlackBerrys plus a Moto X. Mail comes in quickly, perhaps only 10 seconds later than BIS or Outlook's Active Sync.
    You can configure it for either POP or IMAP.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:46 PM
    I wasn't aware that Google turned off active-sync for free gmail accounts, but as far as outlook.com it syncs very fast.

The 9900 camera is pitiful and if you're comparing the classic to that camera, that's terrible.
    Horrendous and Pitiful are very strong words to describe the camera in general.

hor�ren�dous
    həˈrendəs,h�ˈrendəs/
    adjective
    adjective: horrendous

extremely unpleasant, horrifying, or terrible.
    "she suffered horrendous injuries"

pit�i�ful
    ˈpidēfəl/
    adjective
    adjective: pitiful

deserving or arousing pity.
    synonyms: distressing, sad, piteous, pitiable, pathetic, heart-rending, heartbreaking, moving, touching, tearjerking; More
    plaintive, poignant, forlorn;
    poor, sorry, wretched, abject, miserable
    "a child in a pitiful state"
    very small or poor; inadequate.
    synonyms: paltry, miserable, meager, insufficient, trifling, negligible, pitiable, derisory; More

Both terms are ridiculous to describe the camera of the 9900 or the Classic. Use a real camera if you want close up or pristine shots.
    02-28-15 10:26 PM
    I can't agree w/ OP that the Classic doesn't cut it, because I plan on buying mine at VZW next week and selling my iPhone 6. But delayed notifications is just unacceptable. Camera performance and android apps performance is given, but being that Blackberries are great communication tool..
    OP, I'd say get another one, because nobody is having issues w/ delayed notifications (at least not that I'm aware of). Could be just yours, so give it another chance.
    Do us all a favor, can you take a snap shot of the clerk's face as you give up the iPhone 6 for a superior Classic.
    I can picture Priceless.

Posted by Q5
    03-01-15 12:27 AM
    Digitally zooming and you expect what?

Also, try clicking to focus next time. Nothing wrong with any BlackBerry 10 camera as long as you take a second to set up for the shot.
    You think I didn't try focusing?? .. didn't help whatsoever.

The camera of my 3 year old iPhone 4S is a million times better, delivering crisp shots of text even when digitally zooming all the way in.

I'm not saying the Classic is bad, its a really good phone! But there's no point denying the quality issues of the camera.
    Trist likes this.
    03-01-15 03:14 AM
    Use a real camera...

Use the browser...

Specs don't matter...

Better Android than Android...

Keep 'em coming!

Posted from a D618
    03-01-15 03:37 AM
    Yeah the camera is terrible.......
    IMO, the Classic just doesn't cut it.-image.jpg

IMO, the Classic just doesn't cut it.-image.jpg
    03-01-15 04:02 AM
    Ok so I'm selling the classic tomorrow and getting the passport to give it a one last chance.
    And for the people that asked me for picture...I don't have another phone to take the pictures and anyways I don't have to prove anything. You can look in the forums, i'm not the only one talking about the cheap quality of the keyboard.
    Oh, and one last thing, it's really annoying with the BlackBerry sheeps in Crackberry. Always in denial. I'm a big BlackBerry fan but i'm not blind of the fact that the quality of their phones can be lacking. Anyways CB has changed and will never be the same.
    Thanks for your "help". Have a great day.

Posted via CB10
    Trist likes this.
    03-01-15 06:45 AM
    I wasn't aware that Google turned off active-sync for free gmail accounts, but as far as outlook.com it syncs very fast.

Horrendous and Pitiful are very strong words to describe the camera in general.

hor�ren�dous
    həˈrendəs,h�ˈrendəs/
    adjective
    adjective: horrendous

extremely unpleasant, horrifying, or terrible.
    "she suffered horrendous injuries"

pit�i�ful
    ˈpidēfəl/
    adjective
    adjective: pitiful

deserving or arousing pity.
    synonyms: distressing, sad, piteous, pitiable, pathetic, heart-rending, heartbreaking, moving, touching, tearjerking; More
    plaintive, poignant, forlorn;
    poor, sorry, wretched, abject, miserable
    "a child in a pitiful state"
    very small or poor; inadequate.
    synonyms: paltry, miserable, meager, insufficient, trifling, negligible, pitiable, derisory; More

Both terms are ridiculous to describe the camera of the 9900 or the Classic. Use a real camera if you want close up or pristine shots.
    Thanks for the update dictionary.com. If you've searched on the forums you will see how bad the camera is on the 9900. No one needs you to look up the definition of the words and paste it on here. The comment served no purpose.
    Trist likes this.
    03-01-15 08:50 AM
100 1234