lol...should have gone for the passport!
    02-26-15 05:27 PM
    I agree with others. I hate the email app on the iPhone especially now since Google stopped push. I really don't like the gmail app for the iPhone as well. Nothing beats BlackBerry for notifications and communications.

Posted with the unbeaten Keyboard of the BlackBerry!
    02-26-15 05:32 PM
    Having the opposite result so far. My work yahoo accounts push on Apple, and check every 5 minutes(hopefully) on classic, sometimes it doesn't poll for hours for some reason, Never had an issue with gmail, but on classic sometimes it doesn't even check gmail for an entire day. Hoping this is just needing the classic to settle in, issues weren't as bad on my passport.
    I don't have a Yahoo email account, but gmail is generally received on the Classic before it is in my inbox on my computer.

Sorry that you are having issues. Gmail through the Mail app on the iPhone 6 was not push...it polled on iOS8.
    02-26-15 05:33 PM
    I love almost all about the Classic.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the camera.
    It's software is a bit of a step-back from 10.2.x and from the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 05:34 PM
    I agree with others. I hate the email app on the iPhone especially now since Google stopped push. I really don't like the gmail app for the iPhone as well. Nothing beats BlackBerry for notifications and communications.

Posted with the unbeaten Keyboard of the BlackBerry!
    This says it all...BlackBerry is the BEST communication device!
    anon(1733) and bungaboy like this.
    02-26-15 05:34 PM
    I don't have any problems with mine! I love my fast snappy classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 05:40 PM
    The only email provider that doesn't push on my Z10 is yahoo. I'll probably delete that pos account soon.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime and rayporsche like this.
    02-26-15 05:46 PM
    Oh bad you shouldn't have sold your note 4

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 05:50 PM
    Yahoo should work but it's hard to install sometimes because there server is not always home.

Gmail is quick and takes 6 seconds from gmail to gmail account or hotmail account.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 06:04 PM
    Yahoo should work but it's hard to install sometimes because there server is not always home.

Gmail is quick and takes 6 seconds from gmail to gmail account or hotmail account.

Posted via CB10
    I can never get Yahoo to sync. At first I thought I had it working but it only seemed that way because the polling was at 5 minutes. While Gmail and outlook are completely fine.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 06:17 PM
    The only email provider that doesn't push on my Z10 is yahoo. I'll probably delete that pos account soon.

Posted via CB10
    Agree and wish I could, but thats my work accounts, so frustrating.
    02-26-15 06:25 PM
    I can never get Yahoo to sync. At first I thought I had it working but it only seemed that way because the polling was at 5 minutes. While Gmail and outlook are completely fine.

Posted via CB10
    I have a yahoo account and dislike it for this reason. I also noticed that I can't do a remote search of it like I can on my Hotmail account. This is also annoying.
    02-26-15 07:00 PM
    We must have different phones. Over a month with my Classic and is still working great. I use Android banking app and works well. Love the camera and keyboard holding up well.

Sorry OP is having issues and good luck with next phone.

Posted via Classic
    02-26-15 08:03 PM
    What about factory warranty? I'd call customer support. Lettering should not wear off after a month. I bet they would replace it with a new or refurbished one. Any time I have had an issue with a device I've contacted support and had great results.
    02-26-15 09:25 PM
    Can you try one at a store?

SQC100-4 Classic running 10.3.1.2267

Actually I have. I saw it at Telus store it was pretty nice felt premium only played with the demo unit for a few minutes. I will be at the mall tomorrow and I will stop by again and take a peek.

will strongly consider it when there is a decent sale. I just don't think its worth the $500+tax(cad)
    02-26-15 10:10 PM
    I have a Classic with Outlook, gmail and a couple of other accounts and I am notified instantly of messages (AT&T). Gmail on my iPhone sucks, no PUSH through the Apple mail app...it polls every 15 minutes. Classic wins hands down on email receipt and notification.
    I was using an iphone as a stopgap between my Passport and new Att Classic. The email functionality is honestly a joke. BB10 is amazing in comparison. What a treat.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:30 PM
    My Classic is great. Actually, better than my previous Passport. Battery life is good, no delay in receiving notifications, keyboard - best on any phone. Signal and call quality, outstanding.
    02-26-15 10:51 PM
    Really? But I think BlackBerry Classic has the most attractive hardware I've used in a very long time.

It's just so nice to be typing on a real keyboard again

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    02-27-15 02:29 AM
    Classic is the best bb ever made. In so many ways. I couldn't be happier. Best device I've ever used.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 03:07 AM
    For Emails coming late or even not coming at all...I got that on any Blackberry...I have waited over 15 hours for an email to come in and it never did...

Some people says that it is not necessary to turn off the phone at night....I did just that when I was trucking cause I was using the alarm clock everyday..

So, It turns out after 3 to 4 days (of not turning off the phone) that is when my emails were not coming through....

I soon I rebooted the phone everything came through....From that moment, I make sure to reboot the phone everyday when it is left on running all night
    02-27-15 04:25 AM
    That's pretty weird though, so far I have no problem with these issues at all.

The only issue I had before was that the Android apps can't go back to last page, but after the latest OS update this issue seemed to have been addressed and fixed...so far loving the new update and the Classic!

(2 months and going strong)

Posted via CB10
    Trist likes this.
    02-27-15 04:29 AM
    I don't think you guys got my point....how would you feel buying a phone outright and already having paint shedding for the keyboard, light bleeding everywhere from the keyboard, and a lose tool belt. I'm going to put the software things on the side maybe I'm just going to do restore it maybe it will fix the problem. But, I don't feel like it's normal to already having those kind of problem after only a month and a half of use. I love the classic but I can't deal with those kind of problem already. For me it's fine (kind of) but somebody who's coming from apple or android, those problem will make him go away from BlackBerry.
    I'm probably going to sell the classic and get a passport this week-end to give it one more chance but if I have to come by those kind of problem I would have to leave even if I don't want to.

Ps : BlackBerry link needs a huge update.

Posted via CB10
    Trist likes this.
    02-27-15 07:14 AM
    I don't have a Yahoo email account, but gmail is generally received on the Classic before it is in my inbox on my computer.

Sorry that you are having issues. Gmail through the Mail app on the iPhone 6 was not push...it polled on iOS8.
    Taught that was the same for BB10 also... Google was the one doing away with Active Sync, which means iOS, B10 and Windows users have to "fetch" the email on a set time table. It is one reason I have swtiched to outlook.com for most of my personal email.

Without the features of BIS and BES... BlackBerry email is pretty much on the same playing field with everyone else, when it comes to communications protocols and security. Where BlackBerry can shine for some is with the physical keyboard.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    02-27-15 07:47 AM
    Taught that was the same for BB10 also... Google was the one doing away with Active Sync, which means iOS, B10 and Windows users have to "fetch" the email on a set time table. It is one reason I have swtiched to outlook.com for most of my personal email.

Without the features of BIS and BES... BlackBerry email is pretty much on the same playing field with everyone else, when it comes to communications protocols and security. Where BlackBerry can shine for some is with the physical keyboard.
    Doesn't google use IMAP? I have google setup on my Playbook and older Ipod and 3 active BlackBerrys plus a Moto X. Mail comes in quickly, perhaps only 10 seconds later than BIS or Outlook's Active Sync.
    02-27-15 08:20 AM
    I don't think you guys got my point....how would you feel buying a phone outright and already having paint shedding for the keyboard, light bleeding everywhere from the keyboard, and a lose tool belt. I'm going to put the software things on the side maybe I'm just going to do restore it maybe it will fix the problem. But, I don't feel like it's normal to already having those kind of problem after only a month and a half of use. I love the classic but I can't deal with those kind of problem already. For me it's fine (kind of) but somebody who's coming from apple or android, those problem will make him go away from BlackBerry.
    I'm probably going to sell the classic and get a passport this week-end to give it one more chance but if I have to come by those kind of problem I would have to leave even if I don't want to.

Ps : BlackBerry link needs a huge update.

Posted via CB10
    Many got your point and suggested you ask for a warranty replacement, however many of the things you're complaining about aren't even the phones fault.

- delayed messages are your mail providers issue, or a connection issue. If you get 3 messages all at once from 2 hours ago, it means that suddenly the provider or the connection realized your phone was there and then caught up. Could be as simple as your router if you are using one at home, or most likely email provider. Try deleting the account and setting up again.

- Android? Yea, same on all BB phones because it has to launch a new operating system (basically a virtual machine).....first. You can't expect perfection in this regard, especially on the particular specs it has. The Passport seems to blast through that process faster with its extra horsepower.

- Facebook and Linkedin app? You just described two problems and neither of them start with the word BlackBerry. Clearly those apps aren't optimized and feeding notifications fast enough like other apps do. For example, I have USA Today and get breaking news alerts in the hub quick quickly.

- as far as no sound on a notification, that could be a bug, but could also be something in the way you've set up the notifications.

- battery is completely subject to your use, and 15 hours many not be bad. Hard to say.

Physical build is really the most valid complaint here and I don't blame you at all for noticing that. I'd try for a replacement. Heck, that might solve some of your other issues too, you never know.
    anon(5597702) and Frehley like this.
    02-27-15 08:33 AM
100 1234