The classic is an amazing phone. The format of it, the material is amazing (except for the keyboard).
    But there's some basic stuff that the classic really does bad that's making me regret my decision of buying it.
    - random lags like : loading bbm or sms conversations...the contact app...
    - I sometimes receive my messages super late..I can receive 3 message in a span of 2 second that were send to me 2 hours ago.
    - opening android apps takes forever and when they do load, the battery starts draining.
    - the camera is awful
    - the facebook app is so bad and the linkedin app is even worse (receiving notification like 5 hours later than my email notifications)
    - Sometimes when I receive a notification, it doesn't make a sound.
    - my keyboard is already looking old...got the material peeling over the space bar key, Q key, a key ,alt key,p key, enter key and over the shift key. My K key does a weird sound like it's not properly installed.
    - the battery is average at best 15 hours at best.
    - I'm really trying to like it but blackberry is really lacking in the software department but the hardware d�partement is not better. My cousins screen on the passport is peeling off.
    Anyways I'm sorry but I sold my note 4 and wanting to give BlackBerry another chance after having problems with my Z10 and Q10.

Posted via CB10
    bgboi3 likes this.
    02-26-15 02:21 PM
    Sigh if the hardware is lacking why did you go for classic and not passport?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 02:24 PM
    Most of the stuff you state is already a known issue. Android apps were never meant to fully be compliant because it's NOT an android phone. Not sure why you expected that to begin with.
    As far as the Facebook and Linkedin apps - that's known too and that's up the developers to fix.
    Not sure what's the issue with the camera as I don't see any problems with it.
    Receiving messages late is more of an account issue than a Blackberry issue.
    Battery life lasting 15 hours is good in my opinion - it all depends on what you have running, and how much you use your phone - everybody's experience is going to be different.
    Not sure what to tell you on the keys because there's nothing wrong with mine and I don't even see any plastic on my keys so I don't know what you got going on with your phone.

If you don't like the phone then get another one because most of what you are describing was known and that's personal issues not the phones.
    02-26-15 02:39 PM
    Why would you not send the phone out for warranty if it's physically falling apart..
    02-26-15 02:48 PM
    I'm not having any of those issues you are having, battery is good for me any where from 18-20 hours, keys are solid, emails come in right away, in fact much faster than from my HTC one M8. Don't have Facebook and that's OK by me, nobody needs to know what I am doing anyway. I use twitter but mainly for news feeds and discount codes. The android apps that I got from amazon app store run fine don't really notice any lag.

This phone is a communication powerhouse and that's why I got it.
    02-26-15 02:52 PM
    Dave, no doubt the Passport would be rubbish too!!!

Funny how some folks always have problems with their phones... enuf said.

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    bungaboy, naveedk and rarsen like this.
    02-26-15 02:57 PM
    Dave, no doubt the Passport would be rubbish too!!!

Funny how some folks always have problems with their phones... enuf said.

Note 4 with 800+ processor to Classic and complains about performance... like seriously... isn't it more logical to go from note 4 to passport?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 03:16 PM
    After looking through to forums, there was a lot of people complaining about the passport.
    - screen peeling off
    - keyboard bleed
    - the logo in the back falling off
    - flickering issues
    So that's why I decided to try the classic because of the form factor.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 03:29 PM
    After looking through to forums, there was a lot of people complaining about the passport.
    - screen peeling off
    - keyboard bleed
    - flickering issues

Posted via CB10
    Flickering issues were not present before 10.3.1.. but the build quality is improved since the release including the at&t version. Screen peeling, back peeling are all issues that aren't present on all Passports.

Posted via CB10
    Fayzul Omar likes this.
    02-26-15 03:40 PM
    - screen peeling off
    - keyboard bleed
    - flickering issues

Posted via CB10
    But you cannot expect it to be remotely close in performance http://versus.com/en/qualcomm-snapdr...4-plus-msm8960

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 03:43 PM
    Note 4 with 800+ processor to Classic and complains about performance... like seriously... isn't it more logical to go from note 4 to passport?

Posted via CB10
    Yeap..sure is!

02-26-15 04:10 PM
    I upgraded from my trusty 9900. None of the issues you mention affect my phone.

Some have reported duplicate sms - not me
    Some have reported delayed emails - not me (maybe you've set the account to refresh every x time? Have you checked this in Settings?
    Some have complained about battery life - mine lasts all day and when i put to charge at midnight its still half charged...compared to 9900 this is night & day
    02-26-15 04:12 PM
    The Classic cuts it perfectly for me. I understood the specs before purchasing and performance has been outstanding. I even like it better than my Z30 because it is a better overall communication device and that suits my needs. Totally satisfied. JMHO.

SQC100-4 Classic running 10.3.1.2267
    02-26-15 04:13 PM
    Now im also having doubts about purchasing a classic.

I was going too this weekend but lately i have been reading more and more complaints about it on this forum.
    bgboi3 likes this.
    02-26-15 04:22 PM

I was going too this weekend but lately i have been reading more and more complaints about it on this forum.
    Can you try one at a store?

SQC100-4 Classic running 10.3.1.2267
    02-26-15 04:24 PM

Yup. Sure you have.
    02-26-15 04:38 PM
    I can't agree w/ OP that the Classic doesn't cut it, because I plan on buying mine at VZW next week and selling my iPhone 6. But delayed notifications is just unacceptable. Camera performance and android apps performance is given, but being that Blackberries are great communication tool..
    OP, I'd say get another one, because nobody is having issues w/ delayed notifications (at least not that I'm aware of). Could be just yours, so give it another chance.
    02-26-15 04:40 PM
    I can't agree w/ OP that the Classic doesn't cut it, because I plan on buying mine at VZW next week and selling my iPhone 6. But delayed notifications is just unacceptable. Camera performance and android apps performance is given, but being that Blackberries are great communication tool..
    OP, I'd say get another one, because nobody is having issues w/ delayed notifications (at least not that I'm aware of). Could be just yours, so give it another chance.
    I have a Classic with Outlook, gmail and a couple of other accounts and I am notified instantly of messages (AT&T). Gmail on my iPhone sucks, no PUSH through the Apple mail app...it polls every 15 minutes. Classic wins hands down on email receipt and notification.
    Trist, bungaboy, Melinium and 4 others like this.
    02-26-15 04:47 PM
    I have a Classic with Outlook, gmail and a couple of other accounts and I am notified instantly of messages (AT&T). Gmail on my iPhone sucks, no PUSH through the Apple mail app...it polls every 15 minutes. Classic wins hands down on email receipt and notification.
    Nice! Glad to hear that. Can't wait til VZW Classic comes out
    miker476 likes this.
    02-26-15 04:48 PM
    I have delayed notifications with linkedin too on my Note 3, anyway. I'll have someone look at my profile, get and immediate notification, and then like a day later, I'll get an email that others are looking at my profile and it's the person that looked at it over 12hrs ago.
    s2by10 likes this.
    02-26-15 04:49 PM
    Ok and how about the quality paint on the keyboard ? I've only had it for a month and a half.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 04:56 PM
    Ok and how about the quality paint on the keyboard ? I've only had it for a month and a half.

Posted via CB10
    Love the keyboard...although my favorite was the ergonomic keyboard of the 99xx series. This is a VERY close second.
    02-26-15 04:58 PM
    Having the opposite result so far. My work yahoo accounts push on Apple, and check every 5 minutes(hopefully) on classic, sometimes it doesn't poll for hours for some reason, Never had an issue with gmail, but on classic sometimes it doesn't even check gmail for an entire day. Hoping this is just needing the classic to settle in, issues weren't as bad on my passport.
    02-26-15 05:00 PM
    - screen peeling off
    - keyboard bleed
    - flickering issues

Posted via CB10
    I can't speak to the Classic but I can on the Passport. You need to remember that you're always going to hear the loudest complainers on these forums. The majority of happy users will not be posting here.

I've had the Passport since day one and haven't experienced any of those issues, except for the flickering issue which went away after a hard reset.
    alan510, bigbadben10 and bungaboy like this.
    02-26-15 05:16 PM
    Really, Unbelievable. The classic doesn't cut it, because every BlackBerry Smartphone sucks in your hand like the Q10 , Z10 and also the Passport in sight. Unbelievable. Still you bought the Classic with the same specifications as you used before.

Unbelievable and what a great story. Unbelievable. Thanks for sharing.

Trust me people if you don't playing huge memory eating big android games every blackberry 10 phone is speedy enought for whatsapp, netflix, spotify or whatever android app.

Unbelievable ,

Posted via CB10

Send from my passport 4 months old and love it and OS 10.3.1 is great, better then laggy and buggy ios8 and android 5 on the nexus 9 which I send back to Amazone.
    02-26-15 05:19 PM
100 123 ...