I'm still using my Classic on a separate line as a secondary phone paired with my iPhone 11. I was using my Passport for a bit there, and then my Bold 9900, but I missed BlackBerry 10 and the Classic really has it all in one. The Classic has held up perfectly fine despite the battery life being odd at times. I ordered a new one in white and plan to use it for as long as possible.
    Battery life can be severely affected by certain wifi networks. My work wifi drains my phone battery to less than 50% by the late afternoon. My home wifi I can still have over 70%. I believe it has to do with security.

Posted via CB10
    donzr likes this.
    01-12-20 07:19 PM
    Battery life can be severely affected by certain wifi networks. My work wifi drains my phone battery to less than 50% by the late afternoon. My home wifi I can still have over 70%. I believe it has to do with security.

Posted via CB10
    Can also be aging of battery.
    01-12-20 07:24 PM
    They were called the KEYone and I have two. You would have enjoyed them.
    The key series phones are too large, and I suspect gdugic is saying the same thing. The Q10 and Classic will fit nicely in my short pocket. I loved my old flip phone (Samsung Rugby I). I just needed something more convenient for texting.

But I know I am in the minority in terms of the market. Everyone wants all the bells and whistles.

Posted via CB10
    hmp3 likes this.
    01-12-20 07:26 PM
    The key series phones are too large, and I suspect gdugic is saying the same thing. The Q10 and Classic will fit nicely in my short pocket. I loved my old flip phone (Samsung Rugby I). I just needed something more convenient for texting.

But I know I am in the minority in terms of the market. Everyone wants all the bells and whistles.

Posted via CB10
    Not really possible from technology standpoint. I’m not an IT person so forgive my understanding. The aspect ratio on Q10 or Classic using Android would lead to apps running in a too small format as compared with how apps looked using BB10 aspect ratio.

With later Android versions, this could be adjusted or designed for differently by developers. If developers wouldn’t bother with Android ports for BB10, why should they care for aspect ratios for small PKB hardware?

The KEYone and Key2 were a combination of larger size for user preference combined with likely dissatisfaction of smaller UI of a finished product. You’re only going to get a single device anyway. My go to statement, beggars can’t be choosers, applies for so many different and somewhat unrelated reasons.

My other comment was complaining about the price compared with a Classic, which is just ridiculous....
    01-12-20 07:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's transmission strength, not the security. Unless your device spends 5 minutes getting connected.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-12-20 10:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    How is your cell signal at work? If I get strong cell signal but weak WiFi signal, I turn off WiFi.
    01-12-20 10:59 PM
    Ok so today I had to setup a coworker's city issued phone (Samsung SJ7), on Knox, WHAT a pain in the keaster! BES was so easy to setup and use, and worked so well! I truly miss those days!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-13-20 02:48 PM
    Good to know! I'll keep an eye on this since I typically always have my Classic connected to wifi. Battery on my new/old stock Classic appears to be better.
    01-13-20 07:47 PM
    love my classic till now, everything just disappeared from my hub emails from all accounts and my texts, except for my call log, anyone knows what happened
    01-14-20 03:08 AM
    I was just commenting that I would like a phone in this size, maybe only a bit larger, but with smaller weight.

I love the size of the classic, and I find it enough for most of my uses. For youtube, it should be only a bit taller.

In my oppinion, BlackBerry 10 os still has a lot of potential.

Btw, bb world still works.

Posted via CB10
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    01-14-20 11:14 AM
    Q10 is my main phone. What I cannot do on here I do on my tablet. If I ever have to go to a virtual keyboard for a phone, I'll go back to my flip phone and stop texting. That's how much I hate virtual keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you. Virtual keyboards annoyed me. But Blackberry marketing team is trash. I wonder why they didn't update the BlackBerry 10 because it can be used easily in 2020 #smh

Posted via CB10
    01-17-20 12:04 PM
    I'm with you. Virtual keyboards annoyed me. But Blackberry marketing team is trash. I wonder why they didn't update the BlackBerry 10 because it can be used easily in 2020 #smh

Posted via CB10
    Because they decided to dump BB10 in late 2013 due to billion dollar loses. They stopped manufacturing 2 years later after they exhausted all of their parts commitments.
    01-17-20 02:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not bothered that we didn't get further updates. I'm only using this for texting and calls, so any Internet activity I consider a bonus that will diminish over time. Besides, the screen is too small for much Internet activity. Even modern smartphone screens are too small, so I primarily use a desktop for that.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-20 06:33 PM
    It's transmission strength, not the security. Unless your device spends 5 minutes getting connected.
    The wifi access point is right in my room, and I get about -55dBm, which well in the green range of the WiFi analyzer. I think there are security pings or something going on. It's 1630 and my battery is down to 42%. The phone has spent most of its time in my shirt pocket today.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-20 06:38 PM
    The wifi access point is right in my room, and I get about -55dBm, which well in the green range of the WiFi analyzer. I think there are security pings or something going on. It's 1630 and my battery is down to 42%. The phone has spent most of its time in my shirt pocket today.

Posted via CB10
    It’s the aluminum foil encased pocket protector causing the interference problem.... :-D
    01-17-20 07:00 PM
    It’s the aluminum foil encased pocket protector causing the interference problem.... :-D
    No, it can't be that. I heard about the aluminum foil and got the steel protector instead.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-20 07:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    See if you can start your apps usage right before work, and right before you leave - if it's not WiFi or cellular signal congestion or blockage, it's an app. As an example I have crappy WiFi at work so I leave WiFi off, otherwise I'd have a dead battery in 20 minutes from not only trying to stay connected but apps being backed up trying to get connectivity. On cellular I have the issue of being indoors and the signal trying to go through hundreds of feet of concrete and metal structure, plus wiring and other electronics, but it's usually not bad - if I don't do anything on my 6t it'll drop maybe 20%. On a busy day it could go 60%.
    01-18-20 04:06 AM
    No, it can't be that. I heard about the aluminum foil and got the steel protector instead.

Posted via CB10
    Oh well there's your problem.
    01-18-20 04:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    LOL
    01-18-20 08:03 AM
    All day on my own wifi and the battery is at 85%. Like Friday at work, I did not use the phone other than to keep the wifi on.

There is SOMETHING related to my work wifi that is draining the battery.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-20 09:58 PM
    All day on my own wifi and the battery is at 85%. Like Friday at work, I did not use the phone other than to keep the wifi on.

There is SOMETHING related to my work wifi that is draining the battery.

Posted via CB10
    It could still be the cellular network; unless you have WiFi calling available the phone will need to stay connected for calls and texts. The more objects between you and the outside world the harder your phone will work to maintain connectivity. This is the biggest drain on my battery at work, just trying to hang on to that signal through tons of barriers. If you're curious if this might be the case, use an app like SignalCheck Lite/Pro or OpenSignal (available at Google Play Store) to see how strong the cellular networks are in that area.
    01-18-20 10:36 PM
    I am with you. staying with my BlackBerry Classic in 2020
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    01-19-20 01:58 AM
    Classic is my daily driver. Done.
    donzr likes this.
    01-20-20 06:42 PM
    Me my wife use bb classic as primary phone the phone factor and keyboard is perfect for mail, sms, bbm and use telegram(because is muti platform at the same time). My son use a q10
    The form factor is nice for a music player to.
    And we use lost of shortcut web for transport like time of bus or train
    We use bb10 phone as hotspot wifi for android phone or tablet
    We live in france.

Hope we can use long as possible

We hare to android secondary phone for some apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-20 01:47 PM
    I hope my family will be able to use BB phones as well so we could chat through BBM. I also use that too, I use classic for SMS Calls and emails as well as Hot spot for my android phone.

I really love the BB Classic. Although I wish the battery is replaceable though.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-20 06:40 PM
152 12345 ...