Ive been using BB devices for a few years now and its a great work phone because of the keypad, simplicity and the battery life.

This is the first time im travelling with my BB Classic and i had some trouble understanding why i wasnt able to use my phone on roaming. The network is Etisalat (United Arab Emirates) and im now away in India.

I have the network bar most of the time at 4 or 5 bars. But unless the triangle logo (with an "R" inside of it) appears, i will not be able to receive or make calls. To make it appear again, i have to either restart or go to settings and turn on/off mobile network. I did not have this problem with my BB Q10 or Bold 9900/9780. This is real trouble for me mainly because i wouldnt know when the triangle dissapears and because of this i wouldnt get any incoming calls.

Is there any workaround for this for the triangle not to disappear ?

Thank You for your help in advance,
    08-11-15 08:42 PM
    Ive been using BB devices for a few years now and its a great work phone because of the keypad, simplicity and the battery life.

This is the first time im travelling with my BB Classic and i had some trouble understanding why i wasnt able to use my phone on roaming. The network is Etisalat (United Arab Emirates) and im now away in India.

I have the network bar most of the time at 4 or 5 bars. But unless the triangle logo (with an "R" inside of it) appears, i will not be able to receive or make calls. To make it appear again, i have to either restart or go to settings and turn on/off mobile network. I did not have this problem with my BB Q10 or Bold 9900/9780. This is real trouble for me mainly because i wouldnt know when the triangle dissapears and because of this i wouldnt get any incoming calls.

Is there any workaround for this for the triangle not to disappear ?

Thank You for your help in advance,

Im on roaming with my BB Classic and the TRIANGLE symbol keeps disappearing ?-img_20150811_231130.png
    Do you have this option set to on?

Posted with my  Classic
    08-11-15 10:12 PM
    in mine...

Data Services: OFF
    Data Services While Roaming: OFF

would it affect the roaming triangle dissappearance ? I once had a bad experience as i forgot to cancel roaming-internet and i had to a heavy post paid bill -_-. This is why i keep data services itself turned OFF
    08-12-15 12:33 AM