That wasn't my experience at all, on day to day activities my Z30 outperformed my Q10 in almost every way.

Posted via CB10
    I thought we were comparing it with the Classic
    12-27-14 06:27 PM
    I thought we were comparing it with the Classic
    My Q10 is same in speed to the Classic, and my Z30 outperformed my Classic and my Q10 in day to day tasks.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 06:41 PM
    They just need to make the Q10 with trackpad and that's it.
    meltbox360 likes this.
    12-27-14 06:48 PM
    Maybe Blackberry should special order phones just as each individual wants. #JustBeingSarcastic

Posted from my Classic.
    12-27-14 06:55 PM
    Automobiles have hard controls so the driver can use it while still keeping his eyes on the road, you can browse stations, a/c control etc.

You cannot use a phone while not looking at the screen, u cant go through emails or apps or whatever without looking at the screen.

Hence they are not comparable.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong, the hard controls allow the same thing for me with the phone. I do not look at the phone while hanging up a call for instance, but with touchscreen controls, I have to. Same without a physical keyboard I have to look at the screen to type, with the physical keyboard, I don't. Rejecting an incoming phone call can be done without looking as well. I don't get requiring to look at the phone for all of those functions...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    ADGrant likes this.
    12-27-14 06:55 PM
    Wrong, the hard controls allow the same thing for me with the phone. I do not look at the phone while hanging up a call for instance, but with touchscreen controls, I have to. Same without a physical keyboard I have to look at the screen to type, with the physical keyboard, I don't. Rejecting an incoming phone call can be done without looking as well. I don't get requiring to look at the phone for all of those functions...

We weren't discussing the keyboard, I love a physical keyboard as well. Nor were we discussing the end call button as earlier mentioned that is useful. We were discussing the trackpad and it's usefulness in navigating around the OS vs gestures.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 07:02 PM
    My Q10 is same in speed to the Classic, and my Z30 outperformed my Classic and my Q10 in day to day tasks.

Posted via CB10
    you have an example?????
    12-27-14 07:07 PM
    I want a Classic sized Q10 with no tool belt and more screen size (4:3). I like the Q10 jestures.
    12-27-14 07:12 PM
    you have an example?????
    Browsing the App world, opening photos app, scrolling through photos, loading the hub, setting up accounts, dropbox integration.. these are just a few that come to mind, there are plenty more..

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 07:14 PM
    I want a Classic sized Q10 with no tool belt and more screen size (4:3). I like the Q10 jestures.
    As do I.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 07:14 PM
    Browsing the App world, opening photos app, scrolling through photos, loading the hub, setting up accounts, dropbox integration.. these are just a few that come to mind, there are plenty more..

Posted via CB10
    Not particularly time sensitive stuff like answering calls or checking work messages.
    12-27-14 08:39 PM
    They just need to make the Q10 with trackpad and that's it.

That's pretty much what the Classic is (it is a bit larger though).
    12-27-14 08:40 PM
    We weren't discussing the keyboard, I love a physical keyboard as well. Nor were we discussing the end call button as earlier mentioned that is useful. We were discussing the trackpad and it's usefulness in navigating around the OS vs gestures.

Posted via CB10
    Strange, you mentioned hard controls in your comment. Do you consider the trackpad a hard control because it could be simulated as well. The trackpad was never meant to replace anything the gestures can do. It was meant to do the things touchscreen controls cannot do well, such as precision things your fat thumb cannot do. You need to stop thinking in this simplistic "one or the other" frame of thought and realize that some things can work alongside another.

clickitykeys likes this.
    12-27-14 09:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    tried photos app.: scrolling through photos= both same speed...turn on phone= yeah Z30 faster by 29 seconds.....well no big deal for me,,,account: don't do dropbox
    12-27-14 10:16 PM
    One thing I will never understand is people who say the classic specs are fine. It's like people don't want better specs. Who legitimately wants a company to sell worse stuff so they can make more money off of them? 0 logic

Other than the specs the phone is pretty darn nice, although I've never gotten the chance to touch one.

Q10 is nice too. I suppose you can just take the classic as a guarantee of updates for the next two years. Hardly getting screwed over.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 02:21 AM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yes! Lol like Dell
    Upgraded camera $x
    Upgraded processor $y
    Upgraded soundsystem $z

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 04:07 AM
    there will be other phones from BB coming down the line
    12-28-14 05:47 AM
    I myself bought Z10 because Q10 doesn't have toolbelt, so I figured if I have to rely on gestures, why bother with small screen and (in that time) semi functional qwerty when I could have large screen and great virtual keyboard.
    But, with reintroduction of keyboard shortcuts and toolbelt, I'm considering buying Classic. So, Classic is not only for OS7 guys, it's also for BB10 guys which are OK with BB10 but also wants some additional layer of functionality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-28-14 05:50 AM
    The Classic is for anyone who wants it. It was designed because of the large number of legacy users who vehemently refused to switch because there was no tool belt and other features. If that hadn't happened, we likely wouldn't have seen the Classic at all. If a majority of users had migrated to BB10 as BlackBerry was hoping, there would have been no need for the Classic. That's what people are talking about when they say that the target is not existing BB10 users.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    12-28-14 09:17 AM
    I will admit I was a little disturbed when I saw the specs. I know the device isn�t a flagship to replace the Q10 but considering they were originally going to call it the Q20, I expected at least a little boost in the overall specs of the device. Not a Q10 with a toolbelt. There's no incentive for a Q10 user to want this device. I get that coming from a Bold or Curve, the Classic would be a monster on specs but couldn't they have to hit 2 birds with one stone?

Passported to you with a touch enabled keyboard!
    ChainPunch likes this.
    12-29-14 05:27 AM
    I will admit I was a little disturbed when I saw the specs. I know the device isn�t a flagship to replace the Q10 but considering they were originally going to call it the Q20, I expected at least a little boost in the overall specs of the device. Not a Q10 with a toolbelt. There's no incentive for a Q10 user to want this device. I get that coming from a Bold or Curve, the Classic would be a monster on specs but couldn't they have to hit 2 birds with one stone?

Passported to you with a touch enabled keyboard!
    I think they made the most balanced decision they could have made. If the classic had higher specs it then would have had a lower battery life (then people would have complained about that instead) or if they upped the specs and gave it a bigger battery the device would have been larger/thicker (then people would have complained about that instead) and so forth. As it stands the classic has adequate specs for its intended purpose and that is the most important factor out weighing all other factors. We have been conditioned to expect all new devices to succeed their predecessors in terms of specs but if a device has adequate internals for a highly efficient OS then it really shouldn't be such a controversy.

Also, the fact that they dropped the Q20 title and went with 'Classic' could suggest that they are keeping the 'Q20' moniker free in case they detect the demand for a true Q10 successor - which could be released with the upgraded specs to appeal to the more media focused users among us. Who knows, maybe this is already in the works.

I think we should have some patience and have a little faith that Blackberry have most likely thought all this through.

10.3.1.1154 / STA100-2
    Alain_A likes this.
    12-29-14 06:40 AM
    I agree with the general feeling. Skip the Classic, fellow CrackBerry fans, and wait for the next one handed BlackBerry, or if you feel like it, reach for a Passport instead.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-29-14 06:51 AM
    Honestly, I liked my Q10.

I switched for two reasons:
    1) to get away from the double typing keyboard defect that plagues Q10s (I have replaced my keyboard multiple times)
    2) to get back the physical hang up key. I need to know hung up is hung up.

I am loving my classic so far. If it is a sturdy as it feels, it is just what I needed. Time will tell.

Posted Via ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.1.1154 CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    12-29-14 10:29 PM
    Honestly, I liked my Q10.

I switched for two reasons:
    1) to get away from the double typing keyboard defect that plagues Q10s (I have replaced my keyboard multiple times)
    2) to get back the physical hang up key. I need to know hung up is hung up.

I am loving my classic so far. If it is a sturdy as it feels, it is just what I needed. Time will tell.

Posted Via ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.1.1154 CB10
    Yes, physical call end key is my #1 reason for wanting the toolbelt back.

12-30-14 09:53 AM
174 ... 567