Just picked up my BB Classic. Have been with iPhone and Android from about 2008 and have so missed the Blackberry. It's the smartphone I have wanted to like but more than anything, the lack of apps kept me away. I actually even went back to a Bold at first to see if I could be brought back into the light. The addition of a few options for sideloading apps with Chrome, Snap, 1Mobile Market, and Amazon have helped. Love the feel and look of the Classic. My wife uses the Note 4 and even she said, well maybe I'll try it if you want to give it up for a few days! LOL Not likely for a while. I will actually still use my iPhone 6 as mini-mini iPad for movies when I travel.
    03-23-15 12:34 PM
    Welcome!

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    03-23-15 12:42 PM
    I'll second that welcome! Welcome to the best physical keyboard device in current production! If you haven't yet, i recommend to give this a look: The definitive listing of BlackBerry Classic keyboard shortcuts | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

No need to learn them all at once. Just learn a couple at a time and practice incorporating them into your flow. Once hooked on pkb shortcuts, speed dial, tool belt, etc... you just might wonder how you ever got along without them! Enjoy!!
    03-23-15 02:27 PM
    Congrats!! Your going to love it! Yes the build is really awesome!! No #bendgate
    03-24-15 09:52 AM
    We need some Stickies:
    "Back in Black" Classic
    and
    "Back in Black" Passport

Probably a "Back in Black" Leap soon too.

Welcome, though.
    03-24-15 09:57 AM
    welcome back to BB
    03-24-15 10:13 AM
    Welcome back. I'm sure you'll love the classic

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    03-24-15 10:13 AM
    welcome back! glad to see people coming back to BB
    03-24-15 06:05 PM
    I just did the same thing you are doing. The more I learn the more I enjoy this Classic (my iPhone 6 has not been out of my night stand in days). My oldest daughter (who is 16) told me at dinner she likes the looks of the phone "more business looking / distinguished". I was a BlackBerry user several years ago then went to android then to apple (household full of iPhones) and now back to BlackBerry. This phone is a good balance of size, weight, and classic looks. Just starting to learn keyboard shortcuts and realizing why long time BlackBerry users love this platform. Plus the bonus of this thing looks good laying on my desk.

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    03-24-15 07:52 PM
    Just wait until you use the camera and then you'll go running back to your iPhone 6 the camera on the classic is awful I don't know how people say it's not that bad I think they're just trying to be proponents of BlackBerry
    03-25-15 07:15 AM
    Just wait until you use the camera and then you'll go running back to your iPhone 6 the camera on the classic is awful I don't know how people say it's not that bad I think they're just trying to be proponents of BlackBerry
    I use my SLR if I want truly excellent photos. But as a go to camera, the Classic works well. I have even been able to take action shots of my kids and dog while on the go. It all falls in with the practicality of the device.

To me not having the Hub, Blend, expandable memory, NFC - we use the smart tag with all three of out Blackberrys and Samsung devices, excellent keyboard, StoryMaker, HDMI are minuses.

A device that is well rounded, and fits the majority of a user's needs is what we should be supportive of and not criticize.

Posted via Classic
    03-25-15 07:24 AM
    Totally agree. I've always used my camera on my phone for snapshots, Facebook photos and not very important photography. If you want the best, buy a dedicated digital camera.

Had a 6 and a 6 plus. Enjoyed the 6 more then the Plus. Bezels made the 6 plus huge! Tried a few others over the last few months but eventually landed back on Blackberry. Blackberry Classic is simply amazing!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 07:36 AM
    I use my SLR if I want truly excellent photos. But as a go to camera, the Classic works well. I have even been able to take action shots of my kids and dog while on the go. It all falls in with the practicality of the device.

To me not having the Hub, Blend, expandable memory, NFC - we use the smart tag with all three of out Blackberrys and Samsung devices, excellent keyboard, StoryMaker, HDMI are minuses.

A device that is well rounded, and fits the majority of a user's needs is what we should be supportive of and not criticize.

Posted via Classic
    My comment was not bash blackberry or the classic boat was to identify a shortcoming of the device yes, all devices have shortcomings but the quality of the camera and the camera software on the classic is lacking.
    03-25-15 07:45 AM
    Totally agree. I've always used my camera on my phone for snapshots, Facebook photos and not very important photography. If you want the best, buy a dedicated digital camera.

Had a 6 and a 6 plus. Enjoyed the 6 more then the Plus. Bezels made the 6 plus huge! Tried a few others over the last few months but eventually landed back on Blackberry. Blackberry Classic is simply amazing!

Posted via CB10
    I love the classic in fact I have the very same phones I'm comparing I have the iPhone 6 Plus what time typing on now and my classic which love with exception of the camera. I don't think that we should have to carry a dedicated camera or another phone to take quality pictures of moments as they happen
    03-25-15 07:46 AM
    But ultimately I'm glad that you're enjoying the classic and sorry for the monetary thread jacking
    03-25-15 07:49 AM