Just to be clear; stuff like minor processor revisions or slightly bigger battery, do not count.

stuff like say a 960x960 screen, a quad core instead of a dual core or 3GB ram instead of 2 - are all valids reasons to eat a hat.
    10-23-14 01:13 PM
    If it has double the battery life. Yes, I said double. I gave up on keyboard phones for a while because of the abysmal battery life. The Q10 is better, but far from good enough. The last Android I owned, no actually it was the one before that; the Motorola Razr Maxx's battery lasted about 3-4 times longer than my Q with the same usage, and the overall size of the phone was about the same as the Classic. The Motorola had a 3300 mAh battery. I see no reason as to why BlackBerry wouldn't be able to fit a 3000+ mAh battery in the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 01:20 PM
    i dont know how you could say the screen will be better (you said this before aswell in another thread?) but maybe you had a faulty Q10?

I have been using AMOLED screens for a number of years now (came from the samsung galaxy lines to the Q10) and every time i use an LCD now the colours are so washed out and the screen just feels 'flat' if that makes sense. Also true blacks on the AMOLED screens are gorgeous. I have recently got myself a Passport (which im looking to sell now) and i can honestly say the screen on the Passport does not come close to the Q10's quality. Yes the Passport's screen is sharper, but the colours look washed out and the blacks pretty terrible. Since the Classic will have a lower budget LCD screen as compared to the Passport's LCD screen i cant see how the Classic is gonna have a better screen in any respect to the Q10's screen. Especially since the Classic is keeping the same resolution as the Q10 yet having a slightly larger frame, meaning less PPI and clarity, so it will not be as sharp. I cant believe people can claim the Classic's screen will be crisper/sharper than the Q10's, thats just not physically possible given the specs!

I know there are people out there that proclaim they hate AMOLEDs because, lol get this, "the colours are too vibrant/lively/colourful", like wtf? you prefer more washed out colours as opposed to more fleshed out vibrant colours? i never understood this criticism but i guess to each their own i suppose. Also the Passport has a "Colour Saturation" slider, so maybe the new OS will have this too, so they cant really complain about OLEDs being "too vibrant" as you will be able to tone it down if you want to. I set the Saturation to max on the Passport, still does not beat the Q10's colour reproduction....
    Ruslan, who did a side-by-side comparison of the Q10 and the Classic, seemed to indicate that the Classic's screen is better.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...otos-q-968388/
    ctrll likes this.
    10-23-14 01:21 PM
    An illuminated trackpad

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 01:27 PM
    DYLANHABIRK confirmed that's coming in the production model
    Thanks sweeeeeeet!!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 03:27 PM
    Ruslan, who did a side-by-side comparison of the Q10 and the Classic, seemed to indicate that the Classic's screen is better.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...otos-q-968388/
    can you point to the post she said this in? the translation via google translate on the review is terrible....
    10-23-14 04:52 PM
    I will eat my hat and post the video on Crackberry forums if the specs turn out any different than what has been rumoured as of late.

I'll love to see that

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 01:46 PM
    can you point to the post she said this in? the translation via google translate on the review is terrible....
    It is in the review right below the side by side comparison. The translation is a little rough, but that part is fairly clear.
    10-24-14 02:04 PM
    It is in the review right below the side by side comparison. The translation is a little rough, but that part is fairly clear.
    i know what youre referring to but it makes little sense:

"At the end I kept it most, namely the front - 3.5 inch LTPS TFT display with a resolution of 720 x 720 pixels and 294 ppi density of its predecessor little, but pleasantly increased. Compared to the BlackBerry Q10 has also subjectively sharper picture, better color rendering (at Q10 was used AMOLED) and stronger backlight. I do not mean that you burn at night Classic retina, the lowest values ​​shines about the same as Q10, but the setting of maximum brightness difference is significant to know."

"...and 294 ppi density of its predecessor little, but pleasantly increased." - Thats topsy turvy, the density has decreased not increased.

"Compared to the BlackBerry Q10 has also subjectively sharper picture, better color rendering (at Q10 was used AMOLED) and stronger backlight." - This is also up for interpretation, are they saying the Classic has better colour rendering or the Q10? i find it hard to believe the Classic does as I've sat a Passport an a Q10 side by side; the colours on the Q10 are easily deeper and better in all respects (even with Passport's colour saturation set to max). They specifically mention "at the Q10 was used AMOLED" and everyone knows AMOLEDs produce better colour, so their reasoning to input this piece specifically i would imagine only makes sense to highlight that the Q10s colours were better not worse.

Ultimately can a native Czech person fluent in English please translate?
    10-24-14 08:22 PM
    It's better because the LCD is sharper than the lousy AMOLED that was in the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 10:18 PM
    I'll buy the Classic if they are willing to take my money. People who've owned a physical keyboard BB and have used BB10 know exactly what this is. The griping about specs from people who've used a BB device is way off base and just noise. The specs are whatever they need to be to make the phone work well. The more people that understand how seamless the Android app loading has become on 10.3 the more it is going to attract back people who remember how much they liked their BlackBerry. It's not going to threaten iOS or Android but it's going to provide an avenue for people who's daily routine needs a BlackBerry with the superior email experience, but the "APP Gap" was too big an obstacle for them to overcome in the decision-making. I need certain apps for work and I can load all of them on my Z10 running 10.3.

End of story.
    Matt Iskander likes this.
    10-25-14 07:43 PM
    I am happy with 10.3 on my z10, but I do really hope they make the classic faster.

Android apps could be faster. And I am thinking mostly of longevity.
    I want to make sure I can justify the expense.

I am almost certainly getting a Classic. Just depends on when.
    If it is a good initial value, I will get one right away. If it is too high, I will wait for a good deal or get one used.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 07:49 PM
    ... it comes to US Cellular, as Verizon is not an option for me because of coverage.
    Wow. I have verizon now, used to have us cell. Granted us cellular had good call coverage but verizon has a lot more 4 g. US cellular used for be great in St Louis. According to my mother they suck now. They sold a whole lot of bandwidth down there to sprint. Verizon ain't perfect but it gets the job done. US cellular isn't any cheaper than verizon either. I get it if you only have the one option.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 06:05 PM
    I'll buy the Classic if it's available in my country. End of story! Can't wait for the physical keys & tool belt to make a return!
    10-26-14 07:48 PM
    I just want to know the darn specs so I can decide on a passport or not...

Posted via CB/Q10
    10-26-14 08:14 PM
    I'll buy the Classic if they hit $130 used +/- by early 2016 Not that I don't want it, I just can't afford anything more.
    10-27-14 02:06 AM
    I'll buy the Classic if they hit $130 used +/- by early 2016 Not that I don't want it, I just can't afford anything more.
    That's pretty likely. I am considering get a z30 first and then waiting for the price to come down.
    Right now I can get a z30 for about $150 more than I can sell my z10 for.
    A Classic will cost me at least $250 more.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 07:25 AM
    I will buy the classic if it is consistent in the performance and battery life.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 08:03 AM
    I have Sprint, so I'm torn here.
    10-27-14 12:03 PM
    Anything will be better than the z10 in terms of battery life, that thing had a potato as a battery
    10-27-14 05:47 PM
    I have already burned through one battery on my z10 today. I am at 30% and it isn't even 8 PM yet. So I do hope the classic has a lot better battery life.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 06:41 PM
    I have already burned through one battery on my z10 today. I am at 30% and it isn't even 8 PM yet. So I do hope the classic has a lot better battery life.

Posted via CB10
    What time did you take it off the charger? Battery life is all relative but to give some perspective, I take my device (4s) off the charger at 6:30am and by 11:30am I can be at 20%. I consider myself a power user, tons of communication most day.
    10-27-14 09:03 PM
    I'll buy the Classic if.....-img_20141027_135657.png

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 10:11 PM
    I try to leave it on the charger until I walk out the door at 7:45. Today I forgot it so I actually didn't start until 8:05.
    I was on it a lot today.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 10:13 PM
    ...if it doesn't double type

Posted via BlackBerry Q5
    djsvet and farskija like this.
    10-29-14 12:10 AM
63 123