Touch keyboard like the passport

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 05:41 PM
    NOT have the Calendar &Task reminder-alarms, appear
    on my Lock screen 24hrs prior to

This didn't happen with my BB Bold !!
    (Gosh I miss Her)
    10-24-16 09:22 AM
    Assuming we're talking about hardware only and keeping the device the same size:

New and energy efficient cpu, to help battery life and bring Classic closer to Passport speed.

New higher capacity battery, and if that can't be done without changing the dimensions then switch back to removable batteries.

More RAM, say 3GB, to run more active frames like Passport can.

Exterior strengthening like Passport SE including new tech in the glass, I don't use a case for my Classic now and hope I never need to.

Improved image sensor for both front and back cameras, don't care about the megapixel count.

Light up trackpad.

Duel speakers, if it looks like a speaker grill it should be one.

Radio network antenna that covers every GSM/LTE band so the Classic can be mass produced in one model for worldwide distribution.

-- Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    ZayDub likes this.
    10-24-16 11:34 AM

(Gosh I miss Her)
    You sound like (ITS OVER) whats the problem? my main phone in 2016 is a BOLD9900. (Brand new got it in 2015)
    Just go back to it.
    10-24-16 01:00 PM
    I'd give it an SD801 and 3gb of memory, like the Passport. And a glassweave back. That's all, and I'd be a happy camper. The rest would be renewed BB10 support.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 11:03 AM
    Removable battery, glass weave back, make the keyboard end heavier than the top of the device to make it more secure in hand. I'd like it just a little smaller- somewhere between current and Q10 size. OLED screen like the Q10. That being said, I am pretty happy with the classic as is. It's battery life is pretty good and the keyboard is much better than my Q10's. I like the metal sides. I could do without the toolbelt personally but I know many people love it.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 02:49 PM
    Why are people asking for the toolbelt to be removed? Isn't that one of the main reasons it's called a Classic?
    I would change it by adding the continent key like the curve, duel speaker, take away that stupid pin thing to open the memory card slot and bring back desktop charging.

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    10-29-16 08:19 PM
    It didn't in the beginning, but with the introduction of bb assistant, yah, it's slow as dirt...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I hate the assistant. I haven't found ONE good thing about it.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    10-29-16 08:32 PM
    NOT have the Calendar &Task reminder-alarms, appear
    on my Lock screen 24hrs prior to

(Gosh I miss Her)
    Hate that!!

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    10-29-16 08:44 PM
    Better screen and faster processor. Oh and backlighting around the trackpad edge.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 09:33 PM
    - Better calendar. Specifically, faster appointment entry. Almost everything about the current BB10 calendar sucks compared to BBOS. It takes two hands plus actually reading everything to set an appointment, and multiple windows (time and day window, participants, reminders etc) . This is the single most irritating thing about BB10 vs BBOS.

- speed up the day / week / month calendar scrolls too. Scrolling from month to month using P and N takes forever and i end up getting lost since the phone doesn't keep up with the button presses. It seems to load the calendar "picture", then populate it with info that it seems to spend a long time retrieving. BBOS was lightning fast with the calendar database.

+1 on a better lock w/o password. The current lock button at the top of the phone bumps too easily.

+1 on bigger trackpad.

+1 on stereo speakers.

+1 faster search of anything (device, email, contacts, etc). Unless my device is somehow messed up, on somedays, search is (relatively) quick; other times it doesn't do anything at all. You enter a search query and nothing happens. Finally after 30 seconds, you give up, hit "back" and it's as though nothing ever even began. BBOS universal search kicked amazing a**.

- more consistent trackpad / space-to-scroll implementation. Sometimes my trackpad won't scroll the screen unless I touch the screen with my finger. Ditto for spacebar.

- more shortcuts for dialog boxes. I used to be able to press S or D (etc) for "Discard / Save?" user-input boxes on BBOS. Ditto for almost any box requiring user input - the shortcuts weren't always shown, but you could always press a key and eventually you'd find the one that did one or the other action. Not so right now.

- "Back" button should always ultimately take you back home, effectively the same as pressing cancel, discard.
    Blackberry4Shizzle likes this.
    11-01-16 08:44 PM
    just put in passport specs on classic because classic is slow as foX.... if ur gonna compare it to passport

(former Q10, Classic, and current Passport SE owner)

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 08:57 PM
    Well, if it's just one thing, I'd like the end call button to instantly end calls no matter the state of the phone (locked screen, screen off, in another app, etc).
    11-02-16 06:57 AM
    Just an FYI, the BB10.2.1 Calendar app was a masterpiece. The 10.3... Calendar app is garbage. They changed so much of what was perfect for no reason.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 11:08 AM
    A taller screen (4:3) and make it rotational. I just got my Classic, so still getting used to it. It is my Monday to Friday phone, while Big Red (my Passport) is my weekend phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 11:31 PM
    :: Removable Battery ::
    so your Classic's life can be renewed once the battery is dying
    11-03-16 05:35 AM
    Well, if it's just one thing, I'd like the end call button to instantly end calls no matter the state of the phone (locked screen, screen off, in another app, etc).
    Yes, this would be nice, just like with BBOS, would make ending a call very reliable.

11-03-16 08:11 AM
    If you could change one thing about the Classic, what would it be?

I would add screen rotation. Sometimes I would like to have the phone on its side with the kick-stand out.
    Or since there is more vertical scrolling within web pages, I would like to turn the phone sideways and get a good long trackpad scroll in without accidentally dragging my thumb on the touchscreen.

Posted via CB10

In addition to the above:

* Removable battery
    * Change the internals so that it is easier to replace the LCD - as it stands, you have to go to crazy lengths to replace a cracked LCD on the Classic
    * Optimize the OS to make the trackpad useful. I found that the trackpad was a complete let-down on the Classic, and it was less efficient and effective than the Bold 9900 in that regard

For all these reasons the Q10 is clearly the better phone for me!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-03-16 03:40 PM
    In addition to the above:

* Removable battery
    * Change the internals so that it is easier to replace the LCD - as it stands, you have to go to crazy lengths to replace a cracked LCD on the Classic
    * Optimize the OS to make the trackpad useful. I found that the trackpad was a complete let-down on the Classic, and it was less efficient and effective than the Bold 9900 in that regard

For all these reasons the Q10 is clearly the better phone for me!
    Honestly I think we had more fond memories of the 9900 than reality. Think about what the trackpad really did in the 9900. Outside of apps, what else did it do besides highlighting icons and highlight items in the communications? Where the Classic's trackpad becomes a let down is within apps, and unfortunately that is out of the OS' control if an app chooses to not recognize trackpad input...

11-03-16 03:51 PM
    Make it the same width as the 9930 so you can actually type one handed without struggling. I complained about this while the phone was still being designed, and sure enough, I dropped it on concrete within 2 weeks of buying it. (I would also add, based on this experience, that the stainless armor band needs to extend around all corners)

Stainless steel camera protector like the Bold had, and faster/smarter autofocus.

When opening a menu, pressing a key zips you to the next item starting with that letter, as in OS7. Also need a way to open that left-hand menu without trying to scroll to it with the trackpad.

Put today's date and notifications back on the home screen. Putting these on a hidden panel defeats the idea of having it in the first place.

Make the calendar like OS7.

When plugging in the charger, I liked having the clock pop up so I didn't have to peer at the tiny lightning bolt to verify a connection.

When opening a text message, I have to patiently wait for things to load and the cursor to appear before I can begin typing without losing my letters. I would like it not to do this. I also would like it not to take an eternity to switch notification profiles, resulting in accidentally having the sound come on after I've put the phone in my pocket and gone somewhere that I don't want my phone going off.

Other than that, I like it.

UPDATE: After rebooting the phone, notification switching works fine.

And some more things:

Would like to be able to turn off the search when you press a key from the homescreen, so I don't have to do the long press to open an app.

Key rate is not adjustable on BB10 and I frequently have to go back and fix letters that didn't capitalize because I typed too fast.

When I am looking up a contact and I press M, I want to see the people whose name starts with M before anything else.
    Last edited by Ray III; 11-13-16 at 07:22 AM. Reason: update
    11-06-16 07:04 AM
    Charging contacts like my old 9900.

Posted via CB10
    Try the charging stand. It really isn't that bad to use once the connector "wears in" a little and the connection is a hell of a lot more reliable than the contacts were.
    11-06-16 07:10 AM
    Try the charging stand. It really isn't that bad to use once the connector "wears in" a little and the connection is a hell of a lot more reliable than the contacts were.
    Or wireless charging which is better than all of those options...

11-06-16 09:15 AM
    If I could change the Classic, I would make it a Q10 with a bigger screen size. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 06:11 AM
74 123