So here's the deal, my two year contract with Verizon will be expiring soon. I want to stay with Verizon because of their coverage in the US. I currently have a Samsung 4s but I want to go back to Blackberry with the real querty keyboard that you can actually feel. I do mostly email and text and minimal web browsing. In addition, I don't want to fork out $400 for a new Blackberry classic. So if I buy a used/refurbished Blackberry Classic, and most of them come unlocked, will Verizon still allow me to use their service. FYI, as you can tell, I don't know much about mobile phones and don't care whether my phone is locked or unlocked and don't really understand what that means. Can someone explain this to me and let me know whether or not I can buy a used/refurbished Blackberry Classic that I can use on Verizon?
    02-24-16 01:51 PM
    Even though it's unlocked, you would need to make sure that the Classic you buy is CDMA compatible. There were two versions of the Classic made, so you're best bet is actually getting a Verizon locked version and unlocking from there if that's a priority.
    Even though it's unlocked, you would need to make sure that the Classic you buy is CDMA compatible. There were two versions of the Classic made, so you're best bet is actually getting a Verizon locked version and unlocking from there if that's a priority.
    02-24-16 02:00 PM
    Verizon will only take Verizon phones I believe.
    02-24-16 02:09 PM
    If your contract is up you should be eligible for an upgrade which would provide a new Classic dirt cheap. On my business account where you're still allowed to buy them outright, the cost is literally nothing. Personal plans on a lease should very low cost.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 02:29 PM
    You cannot use ANY non-Verizon "approved" phone on their network, CDMA or not. Verizon phones usually come unlocked to begin with, but an unlocked. GSM phone is not allowed.
    02-26-16 09:34 AM