The color scheme on the Classic would be one of my few minor complaints. I've looked in Blackberry world but found nothing. Maybe this requires OS support. I would pay for one, so it was easier on my eyes.
    ViaCassian likes this.
    12-28-14 10:05 AM
    Do you have the latest OS installed?
    12-28-14 10:09 AM
    There are no add-on themes for BB10.
    12-28-14 10:10 AM
    It's there it's built into the OS. You need to change it in the apps themselves, like bbm,sms,hub ext ect

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 10:10 AM
    some app have dark theme some don't
    12-28-14 10:12 AM
    I like the dark versions of the calendar, SMS, etc., and would love to have a dark version of the Hub (overall).
    ny1979 likes this.
    12-28-14 10:37 AM
    I'm just hope for a dark theme on the hub. I think it would look better in dark.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    12-28-14 10:42 AM
    So I guess the question is:
    HOW MUCH YOU WILLING TO PAY ME?????
    12-28-14 08:55 PM
    I heard from somewhere light theme is better for LCD battery usage, and dark theme is good for amoled.
    Is that true? Or it's the same old myth.
    Can some one with expertise explains this once for all?
    I really appreciate it.
    12-29-14 02:43 AM
    Unfortunately BB10 doesn't support themes the way we know it from legacy BBOS. You can switch between "dark" and "light" themes in certain applications however, like Calendar, Contacts or BBM. Some third party apps like CB10, RSS Savvy/Feed Minder or Blaq also support theme switching.
    There is also a dark themed Hub in the works, but it seems it won't make it into the first broad 10.3.1 release.

I heard from somewhere light theme is better for LCD battery usage, and dark theme is good for amoled.
    Is that true? Or it's the same old myth.
    Can some one with expertise explains this once for all?
    I really appreciate it.
    Yes and no. For LCD screens, it doesn't really matter too much. The power consumption is nearly identical regardless of the displayed color.
    For AMOLED displays, like the Q10 and Z30, this is a different matter. Each pixel there emits its own light and if it is requested to display black, it just switches off. This is also the reason why this technology manages to display such deep blacks compared to the still "dark grey"-blacks we know from LCD displays. In short, setting all available apps to dark themes on both of these BB10 devices will indeed save active energy. Using an all black or at least rather dark wallpaper also helps a bit.
    When you watch two documentaries on your Z30, both of the same length, yet one talks about snowy landscapes in the arctic while the other one is all space related, you shouldn't be surprised the device consumed less energy after watching the latter one.

Posted via CB10
    Euan likes this.
    12-29-14 03:21 AM
    How much are you willing to pay ?
    $20.
    01-07-15 10:01 AM