My Q10 speaker died three times in the last 11 months, so Telus offered to give me any new BlackBerry I wanted.
    I thought I would try the latest and greatest Z30. Big mistake!
    I tried it for a week but just couldn't get used to the touch screen. My wife and daughter both have Z10s that they both like so my wife was more than happy to take the Z30 off my hands.
    The down side is that now I am stuck with my wife's Z10 until the Q20 is launched. Man it can't come soon enough!!!!!!
    I have been using the Z10 for a month now, and there is no way I will ever get used to typing on glass.
    Once I get my hands on the Q20 I will never leave the keyboard again. I look forward to having the track pad back. That's the one thing that the Q10 was missing. (well, that and the charging contacts)

Anyone else try switching to the Z10 or Z30?
    acovey likes this.
    05-31-14 12:09 AM
    Patience grasshopper, you will be rewarded:-)
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-31-14 12:39 AM
    Here they're selling the Bold again, maybe you can one in Canada.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-31-14 12:43 AM
    Yeah, given enough time and devotion, you'll eventually adapt. But, if you are like me, you have a life. If you are like me, you will eventually resent steeling time and devotion from from that life.

I, for one, resent intrusive distractions while inovating creative solutions for customers, for example. There are times in life when creative "ah ha!" moments are forever lost by the slightest cognitive distraction. Some of us are challenged that way. I, for one, can efficiently operate my 9930 with minimal cognitive distraction while sketching design concepts for a client on a paper tablet with the other hand. A harmonious flow that just never really coalesced during my year long love affair with the Z and later the Q.

Some people get by fine on glass. Some of us get by ok on glass but simply perform better on keys. Trackpad too. I'm starting to suspect some internally hardwired variable trending some individuals to glass and some to track.

Any neural scientists out there? Some ppl are most comfortable touching with their fingers. Others, like myself, find comfort in the productive leverage afforded by tools like the trackpad. A difference possibly rooted in the neural transmitter composition at the synapse level? Lol.

ANYway, once you're back into a keyboard, you might just appreciate it that much more. . I sure did.
    Mr4aces, Jake Storm and acovey like this.
    05-31-14 05:07 AM
    .......Any neural scientists out there? Some ppl are most comfortable touching with their fingers. Others, like myself, find comfort in the productive leverage afforded by tools like the trackpad. A difference possibly rooted in the neural transmitter composition at the synapse level? Lol.........
    ROFL
    And I thought Qwery users ran out of ways to say, "They just don't get it"

I guarantee that if John Chen read your postings and used the BB9900 for 1 week, the Q20 would be like the BB9900 with the best processor and RAM. Flagship = Q20 and not Q30, Z30, Z50.

"Keep it simple (and small), stupid!"
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 05-31-14 at 11:09 AM.
    acovey, AthenaSmith, phuoc and 1 others like this.
    05-31-14 10:59 AM
    Hello Jake Strom,
    I was only on CB once before joining last month. Being a Bold user I saw no need to visit this site. We all feel the same way, but I think the wrong people influenced BB and Mike L. arrogance got the best of him (what a brilliant mind).

Here we are 3 years down the road all hoping for the phone we love will be updated.

I bought the iphone when it 1st came out and upgraded to a 3G, at the time I ran several business and owned 650+ urls. When I switched to the 9900 it cut my email time down 75%. I continued to upgrade my wife's iphone until last summer she took it swimming for the 2nd time, so I bought her a "waterproof" Samsung. I used it for one week when I damaged the connection during a R&R of the keyboard. The Samsung is a joke! I hate it my wife hates it.

Just ordered a Z10 for my nephew. I thought I would try it for a week before I give it to him.
    acovey and Jake Storm like this.
    05-31-14 11:32 AM
    ROFL
    And I thought Qwery users ran out of ways to say, "They just don't get it"

I guarantee that if John Chen read your postings and used the BB9900 for 1 week, the Q20 would be like the BB9900 with the best processor and RAM. Flagship = Q20 and not Q30, Z30, Z50.

"Keep it simple (and small), stupid!"
    Even the most pervasive "trend" must ultimately answer to reality. Sometimes reality affirms the trend. Many times it doesn't. Tail fins were once touted as crosswind stabilizers on cars of the later 50's. The pervasive "trend" of the day was that if you wanted to sell cars, you had to have fins. Culminating in the BEAUTIFUL 57 Nomad, IMO. (owned one, once). Ultimately, reality prevailed and the trend chasing "herd" came to its senses.

FWIW, I believe glass is here to stay. I also believe it's a matter of time before significant defections from the "trend chasing herd" accept the reality that no single technology is mature enough to be everything to every individual. BBRY is uniquely equipped to position itself as a credible alternative. Market forces are speaking loudly. ALL of us mere mortals are simple infants struggling to comprehend the words those forces are speaking. John Chen's command of that vocabulary is pretty well established, IMO. I just can't wait for the Q40.

Many times we can only accept and respect each other's individual trail thru life and just wish each other well on our journeys.

Happy journeys!
    Last edited by idssteve; 05-31-14 at 03:17 PM.
    acovey and Jake Storm like this.
    05-31-14 12:20 PM
    ........ Tail fins were once touted as crosswind stabilizers on cars of the later 50's. The pervasive "trend" of the day was that if you wanted to sell cars, you had to have fins. Culminating in the BEAUTIFUL 57 Nomad, IMO. (owned one, once). Ultimately, reality prevailed and the trend chasing "herd" came to its senses. ....
    OMG another car freak! Check out @mrhotrodheaven on Twitter. Go to my favorites.
    05-31-14 04:40 PM
    OMG another car freak! Check out @mrhotrodheaven on Twitter. Go to my favorites.
    Yep, guilty as charged. .
    05-31-14 08:39 PM
    I love the large screen of the z30 but nothing beats the typing of the q10 for me. I have both devices like you

I also find the Z30 a little unwieldy.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 05:32 PM
    My Q10 speaker died three times in the last 11 months, so Telus offered to give me any new BlackBerry I wanted.
    I thought I would try the latest and greatest Z30. Big mistake!
    I tried it for a week but just couldn't get used to the touch screen. My wife and daughter both have Z10s that they both like so my wife was more than happy to take the Z30 off my hands.
    The down side is that now I am stuck with my wife's Z10 until the Q20 is launched. Man it can't come soon enough!!!!!!
    I have been using the Z10 for a month now, and there is no way I will ever get used to typing on glass.
    Once I get my hands on the Q20 I will never leave the keyboard again. I look forward to having the track pad back. That's the one thing that the Q10 was missing. (well, that and the charging contacts)

Anyone else try switching to the Z10 or Z30?
    I still don't understand how your speaker died so many times. I haven't had a single issue with mine. Do you do metal work or something? Or some way metal shavings are getting into your speaker???

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-08-14 11:35 PM
    i have been using an android touchscreen for over 1 month now, i hate typing on it, i cant wait to go back to a physical kb
    Last edited by clint128; 06-19-14 at 05:45 PM.
    acovey likes this.
    06-12-14 09:44 PM
    I never left my keyboard and belt, still using 9810 and will continue to do so until Blackberry builds a Blackberry. Glad they have other models for people with different needs and wants BUT I want a BB10 9810.
    Doggerz likes this.
    06-12-14 10:14 PM
    I never left my keyboard and belt, still using 9810 and will continue to do so until Blackberry builds a Blackberry. Glad they have other models for people with different needs and wants BUT I want a BB10 9810.
    I want one too. I feel your passion. I think the closest we will get it the Q20. But I'd prefer a Z10 sized screen with a qwerty and belt. Preferably a slider like the 9810 but I'd be OK if it were like a 9900 with a rectangular screen. Anything. Not sure how that would look - slider would work better in horizontal/full touch mode.

If they can't make that then how about a Z10 with a "typo" type keyboard with tool belt that could snap on. ?

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3175 / T-Mobile USA
    06-12-14 11:08 PM
    I agree with Doggerz, I loved my Torch 9800, am crazy about Z10 screen size, and miss my QWERTY keyboard. A Z10 sized slider with a powerful replaceable battery would be my cup of tea. But, the Q20 Classic is sounding pretty good.
    Doggerz likes this.
    06-19-14 04:03 PM
    I still don't understand how your speaker died so many times. I haven't had a single issue with mine. Do you do metal work or something? Or some way metal shavings are getting into your speaker???.
    I don't get it either
    I split my time between my office and my car. I always carried the Q10 in my pocket. Not in a case but always by itself in the pocket without any keys, coins or anything.
    Close inspection of the speaker grill never revealed any dirt or debris.
    The phones were never exposed to moisture. Never dropped.
    I have no idea what it is about the Q10 speaker. The Z10 seems to be holding up fine under the same use.
    I hope the Classic uses the same speaker as the Z10.
    06-20-14 12:34 PM