Hi all!
    First of all, plz spare me, if my questions have already been answered in other threads..., because I have not found satisfactory explanations to my queries. I really need honest opinions and experiences of pros and/or long and extensive users of Classic.

My Background:
    I m not a businessman. I just want to use Classic as a smartfone, having that fantastic QWERTY keyboard!
    The region I belong to, and the mobile network I use, does not offer BlackBerry specific services I guess, and I do not need them either.
    I love to send and receive SMS (Plz note that I m talking abt the plain, old school text msg, and NOT the BBM msg, email or MMS).

My BlackBerry History:
    Till now, I have only owned BB 9790, which I m still using. I was using HTC Chacha before it, but it created problems and became a headache to use, so I started to search for another QWERTY mobile. One of my friends advised me to go for BlackBerry, because they are good, reliable sets, having an stable OS, so for my needs, its almost perfect. True. But when I bought a BB 9790 (I bought a used one), one problem was a big barrier for my needs. OS 7.1 does not allow sending an SMS to more than 10 contacts at once. Apart from that, its quite a nice and responsive set.

My questions about Classic:

(I will buy an unlocked set.)

1. Can I send and forward an SMS to 100 contacts in one go? Can OS 10s SMS software handle thousands of SMS (10,000 may be) and will not slow down in browsing through them? If someone here do heavy SMS msging, plz plz do share your experiences and problems, if u face any?

2. Can I use most of todays common applications, like WhatsApp, Skype, Viber, imo, LINE, etc., with ease? Specially the first three apps, do they function well on BB OS 10? Will I be able to make a call using all of these applications? Because I read here that the current OS update does not support WiFi calling. Plz correct me, if I m wrong somewhere. BTW, I use only WiFi for Internet.

3. Since I will not use lots of applications, just the apps mentioned and may be 3 or 4 more, will use SMS and do occasional Internet browsing, will I be facing freezing or slowness issues? Plz feel free to tell me anything I m missing or forgetting to ask.

4. I have been reading in bits and pieces abt OS 10s updates, so I read that, after one specific update, everybody felt fast loading and good response of Android apps on Classic or OS 10 in general. And then I read that, this other update has limited SMS back to 10 contacts only in one go, and this another update has stopped WiFi calling, so plz can someone explain it to me and convert these bits and pieces in understandable information? I will not update the OS if its working fine for me.

Looking forward for replies

Thanks.
    02-05-16 10:56 AM
    Hi all!
    First of all, plz spare me, if my questions have already been answered in other threads..., because I have not found satisfactory explanations to my queries. I really need honest opinions and experiences of pros and/or long and extensive users of Classic.

My Background:
    I m not a businessman. I just want to use Classic as a smartfone, having that fantastic QWERTY keyboard!
    The region I belong to, and the mobile network I use, does not offer BlackBerry specific services I guess, and I do not need them either.
    I love to send and receive SMS (Plz note that I m talking abt the plain, old school text msg, and NOT the BBM msg, email or MMS).

My BlackBerry History:
    Till now, I have only owned BB 9790, which I m still using. I was using HTC Chacha before it, but it created problems and became a headache to use, so I started to search for another QWERTY mobile. One of my friends advised me to go for BlackBerry, because they are good, reliable sets, having an stable OS, so for my needs, its almost perfect. True. But when I bought a BB 9790 (I bought a used one), one problem was a big barrier for my needs. OS 7.1 does not allow sending an SMS to more than 10 contacts at once. Apart from that, its quite a nice and responsive set.

My questions about Classic:

(I will buy an unlocked set.)

1. Can I send and forward an SMS to 100 contacts in one go? Can OS 10s SMS software handle thousands of SMS (10,000 may be) and will not slow down in browsing through them? If someone here do heavy SMS msging, plz plz do share your experiences and problems, if u face any?

2. Can I use most of todays common applications, like WhatsApp, Skype, Viber, imo, LINE, etc., with ease? Specially the first three apps, do they function well on BB OS 10? Will I be able to make a call using all of these applications? Because I read here that the current OS update does not support WiFi calling. Plz correct me, if I m wrong somewhere. BTW, I use only WiFi for Internet.

3. Since I will not use lots of applications, just the apps mentioned and may be 3 or 4 more, will use SMS and do occasional Internet browsing, will I be facing freezing or slowness issues? Plz feel free to tell me anything I m missing or forgetting to ask.

4. I have been reading in bits and pieces abt OS 10s updates, so I read that, after one specific update, everybody felt fast loading and good response of Android apps on Classic or OS 10 in general. And then I read that, this other update has limited SMS back to 10 contacts only in one go, and this another update has stopped WiFi calling, so plz can someone explain it to me and convert these bits and pieces in understandable information? I will not update the OS if its working fine for me.

Looking forward for replies

Thanks.

1.yeah
    2. whatsapp no.. other u can sideload
    3. dont see any issue at all
    4. pass

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 11:12 AM
    Buy one from Amazon, if you don't like or can't do what you need simply return it. Bear in mind that if you are in the US the 100-4 (GSM) is the model to get. Good luck
    02-05-16 04:56 PM
    1.yeah
    2. whatsapp no.. other u can sideload
    3. dont see any issue at all
    4. pass

Posted via CB10
    Why Whatsup no?

Currently a Classic user
    Attachment 390353
    02-05-16 05:57 PM

This whole section makes me think this is NOT the phone for you. Especially the "with ease" part. I would not describe getting these apps on the phone as easy nor would I characterize their performance on the Classic as anything more than barely acceptable. Caveat emptor.
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    02-06-16 04:24 AM

This whole section makes me think this is NOT the phone for you. Especially the "with ease" part. I would not describe getting these apps on the phone as easy nor would I characterize their performance on the Classic as anything more than barely acceptable. Caveat emptor.
    The only app that runs fluid is the What's up for me! This a native bb10 app. You can WiFi call! Skype and viber are android apps that run, BUT are little laggy...

Currently a Classic user
    expee15 likes this.
    02-06-16 11:38 AM
    i am using a bb 9720,i want to upgrade to classic but,can the android apps be played on it?? i came to know that there is some problem in 10.3.2 and apps can't be played. Will the android apps work fine ???
    Last edited by Yash Varma; 02-06-16 at 01:18 PM.
    02-06-16 12:02 PM
    Whatsapp runs just fine. I use it all day long.
    expee15 likes this.
    02-06-16 12:14 PM
    Buy one from Amazon, if you don't like or can't do what you need simply return it. Bear in mind that if you are in the US the 100-4 (GSM) is the model to get. Good luck
    Hi. Your reply is quite practical, I hope others can use this method but I cant because, I do not live in USA or UK, nor any other region, where Amazon will even ship me any product!
    Last edited by expee15; 02-06-16 at 01:25 PM.
    02-06-16 01:06 PM
    The only app that runs fluid is the What's up for me! This a native bb10 app. You can WiFi call! Skype and viber are android apps that run, BUT are little laggy...

Currently a Classic user
    Thanks a lot for your input, you have really solved my Question # 2. But if any one else wants to add something, plz feel free to do it.

BTW, (edited) johnteki can you give me some feedback on my Q # 1?

Thanks.
    Last edited by expee15; 02-06-16 at 10:57 PM.
    02-06-16 01:10 PM