01-28-16 10:04 PM
40 12
tools
    No offence but i think OS7 phones were better than OS 10 phones. Those were the phones with perfect size. I don't say that they were perfect phones. They lacked in certain areas like the specifications, BIS being compulsory and that too very costly and poor battery. Otherwise the size of the OS and apps they used to handle was small and they handled them very smoothly. If BlackBerry had improved those phones with better specifications, battery and made BIS optional, I think i would have loved it more than OS 10. I personally miss my 9320 and still look for it online. What do you people think? Let me know in comments.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 04:18 AM
    Bb10 os is clearly a more productive os than os7...but the os7 wz lot more faster and there were no lags..the app integration in the phone was good which made the phone smooth...even though os10 gives me more, I mis the smoothness and the flow in os7..
    Currently using BlackBerry classic

Classic
    acovey likes this.
    12-16-15 04:31 AM
    I had a Bold before, the OS is quick to use especially BBM,sms, and call. It was good until the OS start freezing which made me wanna throw it out.

Posted from kyuten
    12-16-15 04:41 AM
    Back then soda water was more sweet. But the time goes by. Nothing better than BB10 OS on the market right now.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 04:52 AM
    Leaving the world of battery pulls behind was a happy day for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 05:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not to mention having to re-start our devices every single time an app updated in BBW I used to mass update apps just to avoid having to re-start. I actually dreaded seeing the update symbol on the old BBs. Haha.
    jeanholton1, andy957 and jas1978 like this.
    12-16-15 08:58 AM
    that darned Bold 9900 has got my simcard again, right after I'd switched to a nano for my Classic.

well, you see, the new nano made my phone forget both its background picture and the fact that my parental controls are passworded. then a popup said my simcard is locked (whatever that means) and the popup disappeared and my network connection went to LTE with 2bars.

ALL of this was brand new weirdness to my brand new blue Classic, and it all happened really fast so I said Not No but Heck No and pulled the simcard. i had got it bc i chopped up my old one into a nano which worked fine but i thought i should get a new one as this one was several years old. the new ones aint like the old ones.

took me awhile to find my good-quality simcard adapter after I found I couldnt fake it with a nano in the Bold, but i am now happy as a clam for awhile. sure i love my Classic too but I love my Bold more because the simcard cant mess with it.

whats with the newfangled simcards everybody is supposed to get them now from atnt.

my Bold can stream music without ever dying and my BB10s cant. theyll do for awhile then a connection error occurs.

my bold is fun to type on, can download my radio shows, and do some minor browsing, what more do i want in a normal day out of a phone?

it WAS my intention to leave the sim in the Classic, but i am not going back to that for a little while.
    12-16-15 09:23 PM
    I think blackberry is just trying to move on because the world is moving on. BB10 is better than android at least.
    acovey likes this.
    12-16-15 09:34 PM
    What do you people think? Let me know in comments.

Posted via CB10
    I think one BlackBerry's biggest issues is how terribly fragmented they've made the brand.

BBOS fans. BlackBerry 10 fans. Android BlackBerry fans. Not to mention what 5 or 6 hardware form factors.

Kind of makes it hard to gain momentum.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    parryberry, SeeBeeEss and jope28 like this.
    12-16-15 10:09 PM
    I miss data compression even though I have unlimited data. I miss my @BlackBerry email. I miss themes and I miss DocsToGo on my 9930. I'm sure there's a lot more but I do love my Q10 and I much prefer BB10.

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17
    Frehley likes this.
    12-16-15 11:19 PM
    Not to mention having to re-start our devices every single time an app updated in BBW I used to mass update apps just to avoid having to re-start. I actually dreaded seeing the update symbol on the old BBs. Haha.
    You don't have that problem any more on OS7 and soon on OS10 either.
    12-17-15 10:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    5 minute reboots...
    12-17-15 12:09 PM
    Nothing will beat the efficiency and swiftness to get things done as OS7 Blackberry did.
    12-17-15 12:17 PM
    First I missed OS7 - because I was used to BBOS for a long time!

But now I couldn't go back!
    If you only compare web browsing - different worlds! love all about OS10!

The only thing I don't like about the Classic is that it's too "mid-class" and feels kinda "cheap".
    I really loved the look and feel of the 9900 and especially 9000 - man, those were high-end!

The other thing I can't get used to (even after using it almost a year) is the weight of the Classic - still feels almost to heavy!

For the rest - I love it!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 12:35 PM
    No offence but i think OS7 phones were better than OS 10 phones. Those were the phones with perfect size. I don't say that they were perfect phones. They lacked in certain areas like the specifications, BIS being compulsory and that too very costly and poor battery. Otherwise the size of the OS and apps they used to handle was small and they handled them very smoothly. If BlackBerry had improved those phones with better specifications, battery and made BIS optional, I think i would have loved it more than OS 10. I personally miss my 9320 and still look for it online. What do you people think? Let me know in comments.

Posted via CB10
    Don't get me wrong I loved OS 7 when it was new. For me it didn't feel like a sacrifice to have it. Also the design language was beautiful with my Torch 9860 and the Bold 99xx.

That said BlackBerry 10 is on a whole nother level. The browser is brilliant, though chrome is now right there with it, the HUB is ultra convenient, the way things flow is so smooth and for my uses its just an overall better product now.

Also I love my Z10 For factor. Battery aside I really don't want anything else right now.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 01:23 PM
    I think one BlackBerry's biggest issues is how terribly fragmented they've made the brand.

BBOS fans. BlackBerry 10 fans. Android BlackBerry fans. Not to mention what 5 or 6 hardware form factors.

Kind of makes it hard to gain momentum.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    YES!!! QFT!!! I understand having to do a new OS when the old one has run its course but look at how much money has been wasted with this.

Square screen, full touch, trackpad, no trackpad, it's a frigging mess!

Add to that the stuff they just forgot to put into BlackBerry 10 when it launched. No wonder BlackBerry 10 flopped!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 01:29 PM
    Blackberry had such a following as the first smart phone some of us are stuck on the past. Unfortunately technology changes daily and we all need to get use to it.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 08:14 PM
    OS7 was fully baked and had more depth than OS10.
    It had more cross platform features.
    The sync worked perfectly and could be customized (Selective Sync).
    Calendar dates were stored for at least 2 years (unlike OS10's 30 day max). .
    Contact Groups would sync with your computer (OS10 they have to be built manually).
    The Menu options were broader.

OS10 was never brought to it's full potential and for me, I have a love / hate relationship with it.
    OS10 is much more stable. Never had a problem with it freezing, unlike the constant "uncaught exception"s I would get constantly on my 9900.
    The browser on OS10 is very fast. OS7 it's incredibly slow.
    The predictive text is second to none.
    Open frames is brilliant.
    The Hub is handy.
    The updates aren't consistent.
    OS10.3.1 1 was a disaster compared to 10.2.1
    10.3.2 addressed some of that, I still have screen answer button blocking the Caller ID.
    Dark screen choices were taken away etc.
    But they did finally fix the editing cursor.
    Link is so bad I don't need to elaborate on it since there are lots of threads about it. Even Blase1 labled it as terrible.
    The voice recognition on both OS10 and OS7 is unbelievably bad. Using it is like taking part in a comedy routine.
    Both have One Touch Speed Dialing which is really essential for many people conducting business while they drive.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8063781), WES51 and acovey like this.
    12-18-15 08:27 PM
    Why is this in the Classic forum?
    12-18-15 10:14 PM
    I don't think I will ever stop missing my 9930! But I do prefer my Classic and my Q10 and Leap! By the way anyone know where I can get a Sim reader repaired on a Leap?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 02:02 PM
    Why is this in the Classic forum?
    Most of the legacy vs BB10 butthurt accumulates here for some reason.
    jas1978 and hplovecraft like this.
    12-19-15 02:56 PM
    BBOS had a lot more resources and time thrown at it. BB10 unfortunately has not. It remains to be seen if it ever will.
    12-19-15 03:30 PM
    You can't offend me
    12-19-15 08:03 PM
    Most of the legacy vs BB10 butthurt accumulates here for some reason.
    Lol, Classic forum has been a dumping ground of complaints and condescension since before it was named "Classic". Starting in well before the "...unbelievably annoying" monster thread so many months ago.

I think the Classic reminds too many of how much BB left behind. Classic also simultaneously reminds others of what they think needed to be left behind. Pretty "classic" perceptual conflict manifesting in these pages. FBOW.
    12-20-15 12:10 AM
    I am not going back to OS7. Not that it is not good or productive. It is better as a phone and as a communication device,but things are turning against OS7. Be it the fact that it requires BIS or the fact that it doesn't come with LTE with the old specs. It is good but I am going to leave it in my memory.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-15 08:23 AM
40 12