Landlines were the best! Never had a single problem with them and they were fast as heck.

Ah, the good old days!
    jas1978 and hplovecraft like this.
    12-20-15 08:41 AM
    Landlines were the best! Never had a single problem with them and they were fast as heck.

Ah, the good old days!
    Lol... Unfortunately, Classic's calendar & spreadsheet isn't much more useful to my operations than those functions provided by a "good old days" landline. Lol.
    Velocitymj and acovey like this.
    12-21-15 11:40 AM
    This just goes to show that there will always be people who prefer older devices no matter what is changed and how long it's been. If you cater to those users, though, you will end up losing. Some of this dynamic is what got BlackBerry into this situation in the first place - wanting to satisfy existing customers so much that it ceded the new markets/new users to Apple and Google.
    southlander likes this.
    12-21-15 11:47 AM
    This just goes to show that there will always be people who prefer older devices no matter what is changed and how long it's been. If you cater to those users, though, you will end up losing. Some of this dynamic is what got BlackBerry into this situation in the first place - wanting to satisfy existing customers so much that it ceded the new markets/new users to Apple and Google.
    In what way did "improving" calendar app so you can't determine which month you're looking at IMPROVE BB's market share?
    acovey likes this.
    12-21-15 01:03 PM
    Why is this in the Classic forum?
    Probably because the Classic was supposed to be a return to the concept of the Legacy devices w/ the addition of the tool belt.
    The problem is that the dynamics of the tool belt is limited to the development of the software it runs (for lack of a better word).

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 09:47 PM
    Browsing on BB7 was so bad it was near useless.

Posted via Z10
    andy957 and ChrisLeNeve like this.
    12-28-15 10:04 PM
    I miss the music player and the level of customizing the OS more than anything else.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    acovey and Frehley like this.
    12-29-15 07:02 AM
    I meant to say that the devices were handy. They were the perfect size. They could be operated one handedly. And the only thing they missed was the specifications and nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    acovey and Frehley like this.
    12-29-15 07:32 AM

Posted via Z10
    Yes remember the checkerboard? ;(
    12-29-15 06:35 PM
    I loved my Bold 9900, but I couldn't think of going back to it after having used BBOS10.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 07:59 PM

Posted via Z10
    Useless? Guess it depends on the use. I have to ask, what are you trying to browse? I'm typing this on a 9900 (while sipping coffee from mug in right hand) and use OS7.1 browser daily. I no longer trust its security with any financial activities (personal choice) and it requires dedicated app for eBay but... I routinely research, watch youtubes, explore operating hrs & phone #s for restaurants, read trip adviser for local lodging, etc etc.

BB10's native browser is superior in most respects, which is why my Classic is with me most times as dual carry. I ALWAYS carry a 9900 and frequently use its browser when my Classic, PP or Zed aren't handy. Such as when they're locked in my desk getting their fixed battery charged or I just don't feel like lugging oversized equipment around for the night. .

BB10 isn't perfect either. Occasionally forcing resort to Zeus browser for some things on BB10.

I do partly agree tho, 9900's native browser IS pretty useless on CrackBerry's site. Go figure. Lol. I prefer Opera Mini on 9900 for CrackBerry. Which is what I'm on now.
    Last edited by idssteve; 12-30-15 at 07:30 AM.
    12-30-15 07:09 AM
    My favorite BlackBerry ever was my OS5 9780

Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 12:32 PM
    I also miss the ability to change the appearance via "themes"

Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 12:34 PM
    I miss data compression even though I have unlimited data. I miss my @BlackBerry email. I miss themes and I miss DocsToGo on my 9930. I'm sure there's a lot more but I do love my Q10 and I much prefer BB10.

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17
    I totally agree with you. I would pay a small fee to have BIS on BB10. Data compression was great.

I still have my 9900, on an active line, and, except for the browser, it still feels "snappier" than the Classic/BB10.
    Just my two cents.
    Velocitymj likes this.
    01-28-16 05:53 PM
    I have to disagree the new devices are faster and more productive then the older OS7 devices. The new Classic runs well and it's a get it done device with the best physical keyboard to date.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    01-28-16 10:04 PM
40 12