Had a friend tell me yesterday that he's seen a few people at work (besides me, I might have been the first) with non-camera Classics. He's heard that the company has started handing them out to people too (probably managers and essential persons first).

I haven't seen another one in the wild yet, but then again we employ thousands and I sure don't know everybody. I have noticed that security hasn't asked to see my phone again other than that very first time, right after I got it.

It's a drop in the bucket, but if we get a few thousand phones sold, every bit helps BlackBerry's bottom line.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.680
    Mr4aces, wilber1, gokulesh and 1 others like this.
    05-27-15 09:45 AM
    A sale is a sale. They have to win back customers one at a time and it will be a long climb to get back in the market.
    05-27-15 10:03 AM
    Didnt know they had cameraless classics

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.680
    05-27-15 10:08 AM

All of them are !! JOKING
    05-27-15 03:20 PM

Me neither.

Posted from CB10
    05-27-15 10:39 PM
    Yeah it exists...

I know currently we have a sht-ton of 9930's in use as company issued phones (last decent phone to not have a camera before the Classic). I'm hoping all of those eventually get replaced with the Classic.

05-28-15 08:20 AM
    We used to use camera-less BlackBerrys where I work due to security issues but they got over that. Oh and where I used to work, it was definitely not a good idea. Federal Judges HATE cameras in their building - again for security reasons
    05-28-15 11:31 AM
    Had a friend tell me yesterday that he's seen a few people at work (besides me, I might have been the first) with non-camera Classics. He's heard that the company has started handing them out to people too (probably managers and essential persons first).

I haven't seen another one in the wild yet, but then again we employ thousands and I sure don't know everybody. I have noticed that security hasn't asked to see my phone again other than that very first time, right after I got it.

It's a drop in the bucket, but if we get a few thousand phones sold, every bit helps BlackBerry's bottom line.

Great to hear a large company going with the Classic! I'm not trying to be a smart @ss I assure you. I do however have a couple questions.

What exactly is essential persons? Does that mean certain people are given phones and other are BYOD or just that only certain people have been given Classics? Also, if security is a big enough priority that you must use the non-camera devices, then how are you able to load a different OS? Meaning if you're on an MDM such as BES, how were you able to get around the safety measures to load 10.3.2.xxxx? I'm only inquiring as our MDM blocks us from any upgrades, etc...so was curious how to do it, was not insinuating you weren't being honest.

Posted via CB10 with my AT&T Classic
    05-28-15 11:47 AM
    Me neither.

Posted from CB10
    Verizon offers both versions - they always have since early curves and bolds. See, now you can say you learned something today! Cheers!
    05-28-15 11:52 AM
    Verizon offers both versions - they always have since early curves and bolds. See, now you can say you learned something today! Cheers!
    Ok but who in this day and age would want such a device? Please enlighten me.
    05-28-15 11:55 AM
    Great to hear a large company going with the Classic! I'm not trying to be a smart @ss I assure you. I do however have a couple questions.

What exactly is essential persons? Does that mean certain people are given phones and other are BYOD or just that only certain people have been given Classics? Also, if security is a big enough priority that you must use the non-camera devices, then how are you able to load a different OS? Meaning if you're on an MDM such as BES, how were you able to get around the safety measures to load 10.3.2.xxxx? I'm only inquiring as our MDM blocks us from any upgrades, etc...so was curious how to do it, was not insinuating you weren't being honest.

Posted via CB10 with my AT&T Classic
    It can be engineers, or SME's or people who have to be available at any given time. Company phones are on BES and have numerous restrictions, but if I buy my own, it won't be. More or less, if you HAVE to have a phone for your job, you'll be assigned one. I know a few people who carry two blackberries, one that they bought and one that was assigned.

All of my BB's have been personally owned. I truly don't miss having a camera outside of work. I'm just not a huge picture taker. ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š
    donemt likes this.
    05-28-15 12:08 PM
    Well those that work in secure or sensitive environments that have security restrictions against " taking photographs or videos in any manner" have a need for them.

Posted via CB10
    Mark815 likes this.
    05-28-15 06:07 PM
    I believe that it was one of BlackBerry 's strength in the past, there were a lot of corporations who loved bb because of the cameraless. And, although possibly dwindling, there are still some companies who insist on cameraless phones. (i spend a lot of time consulting to our country's money printing facility, and I have to deposit my PassPort in a faraday cage for security).

...eleven BlackBerrys and counting....
    05-28-15 11:44 PM
    If you have a government contract and it is with DoD etc, they do not allow phones with cameras on site for some of the contracts.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 12:37 AM