How is navigation on the classic? I don't use a lot of apps on my iPhone but I rely heavily on google maps for navigation and traffic info. Is it possible to get google maps fully functioning on the classic and if so does it perform well?
    Navigation works fine on the Classic. You can indeed get google maps loaded and working on all BB10 devices.

From a Classic
    08-24-15 10:53 AM
    Navigation works fine on the Classic. You can indeed get google maps loaded and working on all BB10 devices.

From a Classic
    Correct. I loaded it via SNAP. The only thing I'm unable to do is log in to my account with Google services, but everything else works well.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    09-02-15 05:39 AM
    I really want to like the Classic (great keyboard, great form factor), and I owned one for a couple of weeks. What's preventing me from liking it is the outdated hardware. I have a Note 4 and a Passport, which is my work phone, and the sluggishness of the Classic compared to modern flagships completely ruined the experience for me. I would come back in a heartbeat if BlackBerry addressed this in a future release.

IMHO, this is one thing that Apple does really well; by controlling the UI and software, it's able to maximize performance from relatively outdated specs. BlackBerry does this as well, but only for its own apps and not for the sideloaded Android ones (and without these, the apps are non existent on BlackBerry).

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 06:20 AM
    Yeah I love the size and form factor of the classic, I love the keyboard, and the hub. I've had my Classic for a week now coming from an iPhone 5 and still not sure if I want to keep the classic. If the processor was a bit faster and the camera was a little better it would be an awesome phone all around.
    09-02-15 08:40 AM
    Awesome read!! I have had the same reply, twice, from sales associates regarding BlackBerry. I got a little nasty with them.

Posted via Passport SE - 10.3.2.2639 
    09-02-15 09:29 AM
    Verizon reps hate Blackberry but that seems to be more out of ignorance than any legitimate reasoning.
    JBAIII likes this.
    09-02-15 09:33 AM
    I really want to like the Classic (great keyboard, great form factor), and I owned one for a couple of weeks. What's preventing me from liking it is the outdated hardware. I have a Note 4 and a Passport, which is my work phone, and the sluggishness of the Classic compared to modern flagships completely ruined the experience for me. I would come back in a heartbeat if BlackBerry addressed this in a future release.

IMHO, this is one thing that Apple does really well; by controlling the UI and software, it's able to maximize performance from relatively outdated specs. BlackBerry does this as well, but only for its own apps and not for the sideloaded Android ones (and without these, the apps are non existent on BlackBerry).

Posted via CB10
    I couldn't get used to the note 4, having used the note 2, note 3 and believe me I really loved the LG G2 more than the notes.. I sold the notes the iphones kept the LG G2, since I've been on the Passport for a couple of months now and I have no regrets, there is one app that I wish it worked on the Passport which is Truckers Path and I just couldn't make it work, other than that.. it works perfect for me, I use BlackBerry maps over Google maps and I am not having any issues.. I was on the edge of getting the cobalt classic but I find I really love my BlackBerry Passport.. to each his/her own.

 Posted via my BlackBerry Passport!
    09-03-15 03:08 PM
    Verizon reps hate Blackberry but that seems to be more out of ignorance than any legitimate reasoning.
    Actually it's more of people not even trying the phones before they make their inexperienced opinions.. Tmobile and ATT reps say the same

09-03-15 03:12 PM
    Actually it's more of people not even trying the phones before they make their inexperienced opinions.. Tmobile and ATT reps say the same

That's what I mean by ignorance.
    09-05-15 06:10 AM
    Nice post. Now that you can load Google Play just about every app you need runs on the Classic. Banking, airline and the Starbucks apps were the ones I missed most...

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 07:02 AM
    I had the Q10, until it went into the pool. Went to the iPhone 6, giving it to my daughter today as soon as my classic arrives. I love the keyboard and BB10. Gotta go back!!
    09-05-15 08:43 AM
    I had the Q10, until it went into the pool. Went to the iPhone 6, giving it to my daughter today as soon as my classic arrives. I love the keyboard and BB10. Gotta go back!!
    Pools seem to hate on BlackBerry devices.. I've read common issues with BlackBerry and pools not getting along.. Why can't we all just get along?

09-05-15 09:43 AM
    good thread, welcome home to BlackBerry...

> Passport/Classic user, but still reminisces the good old 9900 days...
    09-05-15 10:25 AM
    Yes, well excuse this unladylike expression, but f*** them, seriously. They are commission-based retail sellers and they don't want to sell me their product based on their personal bias? That is beyond lame sales skills and recognition, especially when they clearly aren't familiar with their own product, otherwise they wouldn't be smirking because they'd realize what a great tool a Blackberry is, despite it's mainstream reputation.

Grrrrr....old woman grumbling....grrrr.
    I would have been an AT&T customer but when I asked about getting a Torch the guy insisted I wanted an Android phone. When it became clear that I wasn't interested in HIS preference, he asked why I wanted a BlackBerry. There's a few reasons, but the simplest answer was "the keyboard." That was enough to shut him down for a minute, then he informed me I could get that Motorola phone with the BB look-alike keyboard, but that I would have to go to Verizon to get it. I thanked him and left.

Ended up just buying a 9930 off a guy I work with.
    09-17-15 12:38 PM
    How do you function without clash of clans?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 12:48 PM
    Just wanted to know if we can activate sound on track pad in classic

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 01:03 PM
    How's it going for you with the classic?
    01-09-16 02:45 PM
    How's it going for you with the classic?
    For what it's worth, here is my 2 cents.

Well made device with great form factor (and I like bb10). However, it is definitely under powered... mine lags a lot. The battery life is also not great most of the time.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    01-09-16 05:09 PM
    For what it's worth, here is my 2 cents.

Well made device with great form factor (and I like bb10). However, it is definitely under powered... mine lags a lot. The battery life is also not great most of the time.

I was thinking of trading my passport for a classic... I don't know if I can resist avoiding the PRIV
    01-09-16 05:11 PM
    Does Google Maps, Bank of America and Under Armour Record work via the Amazon App Store ?
    I use the Bank of America app from Google Play Store. I patched it with Cobalt's Play Service Patcher, the app works perfectly.
    Same with Google Maps.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    02-06-16 04:15 AM
    OKAY, so this post was intended as an active thread to help iPhone users with questions about making the switch.

I am about to head into 4 weeks of 60+ hour workweeks while also getting ready for my own wedding so I will not have much free time! There are plenty of previous iPhone users on here, and I hope they will pick up the slack for me. Otherwise, please keep posting questions and I will be back at the end of September and will try to answer any posts that didn't receive a response!

Posted via CB10
    Sure that was a real person.

Saludos.
    02-07-16 01:39 PM
96 ... 234