OKAY, so this post was intended as an active thread to help iPhone users with questions about making the switch.

I am about to head into 4 weeks of 60+ hour workweeks while also getting ready for my own wedding so I will not have much free time! There are plenty of previous iPhone users on here, and I hope they will pick up the slack for me. Otherwise, please keep posting questions and I will be back at the end of September and will try to answer any posts that didn't receive a response!

Posted via CB10
    JanuarJaguar and so crow like this.
    08-13-15 10:26 PM
    I think there is an option of disabling unlock via swiping the screen.
    That might help you. When your phone is in your jeans pocket.
    08-14-15 01:17 AM
    The marketing is what's killing blackberry

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 03:34 AM
    OKAY, so this post was intended as an active thread to help iPhone users with questions about making the switch.

I am about to head into 4 weeks of 60+ hour workweeks while also getting ready for my own wedding so I will not have much free time! There are plenty of previous iPhone users on here, and I hope they will pick up the slack for me. Otherwise, please keep posting questions and I will be back at the end of September and will try to answer any posts that didn't receive a response!

Posted via CB10
    Congrats!! I've owned every iPhone since they came out and I will try and help out as much as I possibly can..

 Posted via my BlackBerry Passport!
    anon(1308230) likes this.
    08-14-15 12:31 PM
    I don't know about you but I am really struggling to adjust to using the BlackBerry camera! It is very different from the iPhone camera!! :-)

Loving veing able to communicate so effectively from the Hub! Do not miss having to switch through apps!

Posted via CB10
    Hub is in a league of its own

 Posted via my BlackBerry Passport!
    08-14-15 12:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well now isn't that person a lucky one, Congrats on your marriage
    08-14-15 01:11 PM
    Which device feels snappier, the 6 or the Classic? I'm thinking of getting a Cobalt Blue Classic as a backup for my iPhone 6 Plus.

Posted via CB 10 | STA100-3 Z30 | OS 10.3.2.858
    Last edited by Avenzuno; 08-15-15 at 04:08 PM.
    08-14-15 01:57 PM
    I just switched the other day from IPhone 6 (it kept rebooting all the time) so I went in the Verizon store and traded. My first phone was a BB, so I came back and well pleased..
    08-15-15 02:10 PM
    OP;

CONGRATS ON THE WEDDING!

-----------------

I tried an iPhone for a year. I had a 4s and used it every day for everything.

iPhones are great if you are into apps. There is an app for darn near anything. Want to track your bowel movements? There is an app for that. Some apps are absolutely beautiful in design. I loved the Tidal Music App on iPhone. It was AMAZINGLY designed. Siri was great when it first came out, but I think Cortana from Microsoft blows Siri out of the water. A digital assistant like Siri can be very handy. Cortana was amazing on Windows Phone because unlike Siri, she had personality. She told great jokes, had a lovely singing voice, and could LOCATION BASE your requests, like "Cortana, remind me to fire that slug Poindexter the next time I get to my Office" and she will. She will monitor GPS and the next time you are at the office, she'll remind you to fire that slug Poindexter.

iPhones are what they are, and nothing more. The basic GUI has not changed since the original iPhone. Sure, there have been tweaks, but still you have icons plastered on every screen and one big button to push. Want to HIDE icons? You can't. Sure, you can put them in Folders, but you can eliminate them from the active screen(s). Want Wigets? VERY limited on that. Want to find a BACK or MENU button? You have to HUNT for it on the screen, and it's never in the same area twice. It's up to the APP Developer to put these options in the apps themselves.

For this reason, I much prefer Droid, that only puts icons on screens if you wish it to, and that has great Widgets, and other customizing features you can't begin to do with iOS.

Yet, iOS has loyal followers. My Girlfriend is one of them. She LOVES her new iPhone 6. She had a ripping good Android before she hopped on to Apple, and is glad she left Droid. So, to each his own.

My 2nd Phone is a Droid. I also had a Windows Phone for a year, so still have that sitting idle.

BlackBerry is a niche market like Windows Phone. I can't believe that Live Tiles didn't catch on as the new standard of mobile phones, but such is life.

One thing, once you try Berry, you might just get hooked. I know I did.

Great idea for a thread, OP. Nice work! Congrats again.
    08-15-15 04:32 PM
    For everyone that just switched to the Classic are you facing any app withdrawal?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-15-15 04:43 PM
    For everyone that just switched to the Classic are you facing any app withdrawal?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Big time! But I was already aware of it before I switched. I really miss some of the apps I had on my old 9900 (before I did iPhone) that are not compatible with BBOS

If you're talking iPhone apps- Android sideloading has you well-covered

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 04:34 PM
    OP;

CONGRATS ON THE WEDDING!

-----------------

I tried an iPhone for a year. I had a 4s and used it every day for everything.

iPhones are great if you are into apps. There is an app for darn near anything. Want to track your bowel movements? There is an app for that. Some apps are absolutely beautiful in design. I loved the Tidal Music App on iPhone. It was AMAZINGLY designed. Siri was great when it first came out, but I think Cortana from Microsoft blows Siri out of the water. A digital assistant like Siri can be very handy. Cortana was amazing on Windows Phone because unlike Siri, she had personality. She told great jokes, had a lovely singing voice, and could LOCATION BASE your requests, like "Cortana, remind me to fire that slug Poindexter the next time I get to my Office" and she will. She will monitor GPS and the next time you are at the office, she'll remind you to fire that slug Poindexter.

iPhones are what they are, and nothing more. The basic GUI has not changed since the original iPhone. Sure, there have been tweaks, but still you have icons plastered on every screen and one big button to push. Want to HIDE icons? You can't. Sure, you can put them in Folders, but you can eliminate them from the active screen(s). Want Wigets? VERY limited on that. Want to find a BACK or MENU button? You have to HUNT for it on the screen, and it's never in the same area twice. It's up to the APP Developer to put these options in the apps themselves.

For this reason, I much prefer Droid, that only puts icons on screens if you wish it to, and that has great Widgets, and other customizing features you can't begin to do with iOS.

Yet, iOS has loyal followers. My Girlfriend is one of them. She LOVES her new iPhone 6. She had a ripping good Android before she hopped on to Apple, and is glad she left Droid. So, to each his own.

My 2nd Phone is a Droid. I also had a Windows Phone for a year, so still have that sitting idle.

BlackBerry is a niche market like Windows Phone. I can't believe that Live Tiles didn't catch on as the new standard of mobile phones, but such is life.

One thing, once you try Berry, you might just get hooked. I know I did.

Great idea for a thread, OP. Nice work! Congrats again.
    Thanks for the well-wishes!

Great response! (BBRY not my wedding lol)

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 04:39 PM
    Hi Op do you use the trackpad?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 10:21 PM
    Big time! But I was already aware of it before I switched. I really miss some of the apps I had on my old 9900 (before I did iPhone) that are not compatible with BBOS

Posted via CB10
    If you haven't tried it, please consider side loading the app "SNAP.". It's a Google play store for BlackBerry (unsanctioned). There are many threads about how to do it (takes just 5-10 minutes) with a PC to install.

With it, I'm running a couple dozen android apps (maybe 80% work) like banking and travel apps.

Also, unrelated, my classic didn't come with predictive text enabled... I really like that feature for productivity gain and suggest trying it.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    08-19-15 10:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Check out Cobalt's threads. These are must reads if you want to run Android apps (apps downloaded directly from Google Play Store that require play Services) on your BB.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    08-20-15 04:46 AM
    If you haven't tried it, please consider side loading the app "SNAP.". It's a Google play store for BlackBerry (unsanctioned). There are many threads about how to do it (takes just 5-10 minutes) with a PC to install.

With it, I'm running a couple dozen android apps (maybe 80% work) like banking and travel apps.

Also, unrelated, my classic didn't come with predictive text enabled... I really like that feature for productivity gain and suggest trying it.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    Thank you for the kind wishes!

I have SNAP on my Classic- I like it much more than the Amazon store! The reason why I said I'm missing some apps is that I find a lot of Android apps to be laggy, and I am having trouble synching Google calendars with Android ports, they don't like to play nice. BUT; I found a decent alternative to the BB Calendar native app called Calenmob and it's not running laggy, functions as well as the old PocketInformant, and am switching to a local calendar instead :-) Compromises always make a great relationship, amirite?
    08-20-15 07:04 AM
    Hi Op do you use the trackpad?

Posted via CB10
    I would say 50% of the time I do, yes. I was surprised at first, as the trackpad used to select/copy text in previous BBOS versions, but you are able to do that via touchscreen now. I use the trackpad for scrolling through text and editing calendar entries/finding my way through text when I need to edit.
    Edenknowsbest likes this.
    08-20-15 07:07 AM
    I don't know about you but I am really struggling to adjust to using the BlackBerry camera! It is very different from the iPhone camera!! :-)

Loving veing able to communicate so effectively from the Hub! Do not miss having to switch through apps!

Posted via CB10
    Great post, nice to read and welcome back.

I use the iphoone 6 as a camera, because it's the best mobile camera on the market. No settings, no waisting time, only shoot shoot shoot and the pics are great.

The Blackberrys I have I use for daily communication. I like bbm, I like the hub and the led.
    BlackBerry is a solid communication phone. And in the time other people are waisting time to check instagram and fb I get things sorted.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 02:05 PM
    Thank you for the kind wishes!

I have SNAP on my Classic- I like it much more than the Amazon store! The reason why I said I'm missing some apps is that I find a lot of Android apps to be laggy, and I am having trouble synching Google calendars with Android ports, they don't like to play nice. BUT; I found a decent alternative to the BB Calendar native app called Calenmob and it's not running laggy, functions as well as the old PocketInformant, and am switching to a local calendar instead :-) Compromises always make a great relationship, amirite?
    Thanks

08-20-15 06:50 PM
    Hey Op are you able to tell me what your sensitivity levels are set to on your Classic?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 04:00 AM
    Welcome back!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 05:55 AM
    How is navigation on the classic? I don't use a lot of apps on my iPhone but I rely heavily on google maps for navigation and traffic info. Is it possible to get google maps fully functioning on the classic and if so does it perform well?
    08-23-15 08:15 AM
    Hi bbstoof,

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but did you consider a BlackBerry Passport as well? If so, what made you choose the Classic over that? If not, would you? Thanks.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    08-23-15 08:53 AM
    Welcome back to BB,

Great thread

I switch between a 6 plus and BB Passport/Classic as well and the BB's are definitely great phones again!
    08-24-15 06:49 AM
    I struggle with the navs on Classic, although I struggle with Apple and Android navs also.

Having said that, the OS10 maps are vastly improved from OS7! Part of that is having access to LTE cell service as opposed to 3G.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 10:04 AM
96 1234