Aloha!

Nice post BBstoof. Nice post indeed. I'm still on the 9900, but am looking at a Passport. Much of my issue with BlackBerry was NOT the platform but the carrier. I have switched carriers and now am delighted with my Berry experience.

One of the reasons I stayed with Blackberry was because of "Bridge". Yes, it's not a robust as "Blend", but it was the daddy of this technology. I have my 9900 "Bridged" to my Playbook. This makes my Playbook an extension of my Berry, and I love it. All surfing, texts and emails that I handle when I'm stationary are for sure via BRIDGE from my Playbook to my 9900. My old carrier did not allow tethering, but they did not detect BRIDGE TETHERING, so I got free tethering with them. My new carrier includes tethering so it's not even an issue.

With Blend, I'll be right at home when I finally convert to a Classic, or a Passport. For now, I am supremely happy with my 9900. It does everything I need for BUSINESS perfectly. For play, I have a Quad Core Android. This way I keep my two worlds totally separate.

Hey, it works for me, and is sounds like it's working for you as well. That's all that is important in the end, yes?

PS, I too was on iPhone, then WindowsPhone before I came BACK to BlackBerry. No regrets here either.
    08-08-15 02:44 PM
    I just recently switched from an iPhone 6 plus to the classic. I didn't do much gaming or care for all the excess in applications so the change hasn't been to hard for me. I'm seriously enjoying the click of my keyboard every time I type!
    I will say that I also got funny looks when I went in asking about the phone. They didn't have it in stores so I had to call to order it. Even the customer service rep had to repeat it as if she was in disbelief I actually wanted this phone.
    It's been a long time since I've used BlackBerry so I'm trying to learn everything all over again. It's not as easy as I'd expected it to be.

None the less I'm very happy. My husband thinks I'm crazy though.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi and Sakura1210 like this.
    08-08-15 03:36 PM
    We were the same too. Owned every single Apple product except for the iPhone. I got my first Curve and was hooked.

Posted via CB10
    There is a lot of love for those Curves! (which is surprising, since it wasn't their top-of-the-line phone at the time!). My partner's aunt refuses to upgrade her Curve.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 03:40 PM
    Aloha!

Nice post BBstoof. Nice post indeed. I'm still on the 9900, but am looking at a Passport. Much of my issue with BlackBerry was NOT the platform but the carrier. I have switched carriers and now am delighted with my Berry experience.

One of the reasons I stayed with Blackberry was because of "Bridge". Yes, it's not a robust as "Blend", but it was the daddy of this technology. I have my 9900 "Bridged" to my Playbook. This makes my Playbook an extension of my Berry, and I love it. All surfing, texts and emails that I handle when I'm stationary are for sure via BRIDGE from my Playbook to my 9900. My old carrier did not allow tethering, but they did not detect BRIDGE TETHERING, so I got free tethering with them. My new carrier includes tethering so it's not even an issue.

With Blend, I'll be right at home when I finally convert to a Classic, or a Passport. For now, I am supremely happy with my 9900. It does everything I need for BUSINESS perfectly. For play, I have a Quad Core Android. This way I keep my two worlds totally separate.

Hey, it works for me, and is sounds like it's working for you as well. That's all that is important in the end, yes?

PS, I too was on iPhone, then WindowsPhone before I came BACK to BlackBerry. No regrets here either.
    What happened with the carrier that improved the BlackBerry experience?? EDIT: I meant the opposite. Not improved- degraded!
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bbstoof; 08-09-15 at 10:34 AM.
    08-08-15 03:43 PM
    I just recently switched from an iPhone 6 plus to the classic. I didn't do much gaming or care for all the excess in applications so the change hasn't been to hard for me. I'm seriously enjoying the click of my keyboard every time I type!
    I will say that I also got funny looks when I went in asking about the phone. They didn't have it in stores so I had to call to order it. Even the customer service rep had to repeat it as if she was in disbelief I actually wanted this phone.
    It's been a long time since I've used BlackBerry so I'm trying to learn everything all over again. It's not as easy as I'd expected it to be.

None the less I'm very happy. My husband thinks I'm crazy though.

Posted via CB10
    Lol you have described my situation to a T!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 03:44 PM
    Yes, well excuse this unladylike expression, but f*** them, seriously. They are commission-based retail sellers and they don't want to sell me their product based on their personal bias? That is beyond lame sales skills and recognition, especially when they clearly aren't familiar with their own product, otherwise they wouldn't be smirking because they'd realize what a great tool a Blackberry is, despite it's mainstream reputation.

Grrrrr....old woman grumbling....grrrr.
    You will be come one of the popular people here being unladylike, I always get a good feeling when lady's let there hair down.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 03:53 PM
    The Spacebar issue started with my Classic too. Then after a while I just switched off the Autocorrect function in the settings. You just switch off it and the Double tab function for a Full stop and the Double typing issue is gone.
    For the "i" and other Letters I have found no solution... Just living with it, still better than typing on glass

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 02:54 AM
    Also jumped ship from iOS to team blackberry and it's the best decision I've ever made (cellphone wise). I love the physical keyboard, amazing trackpad, and the durable feel of my Classic. I'm 21 (probably on the younger end of the blackberry demographic) but highly recommend it to anyone in need of a reliable device

Posted via CB10
    Good for you for not caving to peer pressure...because honestly...they are telephones. People are segregated for telephones...durrrrr

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:33 AM
    Never been a physical keyboard user. But when I went from the iPhone 4s to Z10 I felt the same way. Although blend wasn't out at the time.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-09-15 10:41 AM
    My husband thinks I'm crazy though.

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry about your husband. Stamper will take care of him.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    fkornre likes this.
    08-09-15 10:47 AM
    Don't worry about your husband. Stamper will take care of him.

I think you need to worry about Stamper taking care of Claire first Mr. President. You need her more than you think, especially now.

Posted via CB10
    cwbcpa likes this.
    08-09-15 10:55 AM
    I think you need to worry about Stamper taking care of Claire first Mr. President. You need her more than you think, especially now.

Posted via CB10
    Don't you worry about Claire. I have her under control. She's not ready to desert Team Underwood.

cwbcpa and fkornre like this.
    08-09-15 12:30 PM
    You are quite right. One additional benefit: the way the phone works. No more conversations you cannot hear.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 07:55 PM
    Great tip, thanks! I keep forgetting to set the keyboard shortcuts up! It's been so long since I've had a Blackberry, I completely forgot about those. Definitely faster than navigating an iPhone!
    Before BB10.3, there were no Homescreen keyboard shortcuts. So you came back at a good time! However, you could always just start typing whatever you were looking for or wanted to do in the Homescreen to bring up the universal search. Don't bother opening Contacts and scrolling around, just type 'Call' or 'Text' ____. Or start typing the name of an app if you don't have it keybound. 'Post' or 'tweet' works too.

99% of the time, with the exception of swiping into the HUB, I press one or two keys to do whatever I want with the phone. Takes no more than 10 seconds total to pull it out, unlock, glance over every type of notification imaginable, back to homescreen and lock, and back in the holster. One-handed, and without changing my grip.

You will also come to love that BlackBerry apps run even while minimized. Open an app that takes a few seconds to load, then minimize it and do something else, then re-open the app. It will be loaded and ready for you, not frozen and waiting. Locking the screen doesn't stop the music or anything else. BB10 rocks for multitasking.

The Classic is just absurdly efficient. It is ruining all other phones for me.

From a Classic
    anon(1308230) and juanjo322 like this.
    08-09-15 10:18 PM
    There is a lot of love for those Curves! (which is surprising, since it wasn't their top-of-the-line phone at the time!). My partner's aunt refuses to upgrade her Curve.

Posted via CB10
    That Curve went thru a lot and was passed on to my daughter. Finally sold it on Ebay for about $80! Not too shabby. Then I got the Bolds and never looked back. We have Androids in our family and hubby has an iPhone 6 for work that I played with. I love tech devices and love playing with them. But BlackBerry just fits me very well. No fuss, efficient, dependable, durable and timeless.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:26 PM
    Before BB10.3, there were no Homescreen keyboard shortcuts. So you came back at a good time! However, you could always just start typing whatever you were looking for or wanted to do in the Homescreen to bring up the universal search. Don't bother opening Contacts and scrolling around, just type 'Call' or 'Text' ____. Or start typing the name of an app if you don't have it keybound. 'Post' or 'tweet' works too.

99% of the time, with the exception of swiping into the HUB, I press one or two keys to do whatever I want with the phone. Takes no more than 10 seconds total to pull it out, unlock, glance over every type of notification imaginable, back to homescreen and lock, and back in the holster. One-handed, and without changing my grip.

You will also come to love that BlackBerry apps run even while minimized. Open an app that takes a few seconds to load, then minimize it and do something else, then re-open the app. It will be loaded and ready for you, not frozen and waiting. Locking the screen doesn't stop the music or anything else. BB10 rocks for multitasking.

The Classic is just absurdly efficient. It is ruining all other phones for me.

From a Classic
    It really makes life super easy, I asked my brother for a local business phone number and we were both sitting down and funny thing I started a couple of seconds after he did opening his beloved iPhone 6+ and just as he opened an app I said thank you, I already have it.. the universal search is a beast! You can type any question and get answers asap.. for example we fish in Falcon Lake in Texas and having a lic to fish here Stateside of Mexico side depending whom we are with they weigh fish in Kilos we weigh them in pounds and having the flexibility of doing below makes life easy!

I switched from iPhone to Classic- ask me anything!-img_20150810_003201.png

I switched from iPhone to Classic- ask me anything!-img_20150810_003206.png

I switched from iPhone to Classic- ask me anything!-img_20150810_003211.png

 Posted via my BlackBerry Passport!
    powereds and anon(1308230) like this.
    08-10-15 12:35 AM
    .. for example we fish in Falcon Lake in Texas and having a lic to fish here Stateside of Mexico side depending whom we are with they weigh fish in Kilos we weigh them in pounds and having the flexibility of doing below makes life easy!
    I usually use the calculator's conversion function, but your method might be even faster.

From a Classic
    08-10-15 12:34 PM
    It really makes life super easy, I asked my brother for a local business phone number and we were both sitting down and funny thing I started a couple of seconds after he did opening his beloved iPhone 6+ and just as he opened an app I said thank you, I already have it.. the universal search is a beast! You can type any question and get answers asap.. for example we fish in Falcon Lake in Texas and having a lic to fish here Stateside of Mexico side depending whom we are with they weigh fish in Kilos we weigh them in pounds and having the flexibility of doing below makes life easy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150810_003201.png 
Views:	3090 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	366159

Name:	IMG_20150810_003206.png 
Views:	3088 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	366160

Name:	IMG_20150810_003211.png 
Views:	3086 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	366161

I tried it and it's super useful! Thanks a lot!

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    juanjo322 likes this.
    08-10-15 01:37 PM
    I tried it and it's super useful! Thanks a lot!

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    You're welcome!

08-10-15 06:07 PM

Name:	IMG_20150810_003201.png 
Views:	3090 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	366159

Name:	IMG_20150810_003206.png 
Views:	3088 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	366160

Name:	IMG_20150810_003211.png 
Views:	3086 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	366161

Great post example with photos! Thanks!
    juanjo322 and anon(9208252) like this.
    08-10-15 08:44 PM
    Great post example with photos! Thanks!
    You're welcome!

08-11-15 05:07 AM
    The same here, everyone looks at me like I am from another planet when I tell them I am using a BB [formerly Samsung Galaxy S5 user]. They just don't get it :-) .
    Smokeaire likes this.
    08-12-15 07:46 AM
    Thanks for the post! Switched to the Classic about a week ago (coming from iPhone). Admit it's taking a while to get used to, but the communications efficiency and increased productivity already have a great impact on my life.
    JAS0NB0URNE likes this.
    08-12-15 11:32 AM
    What happened with the carrier that improved the BlackBerry experience?? EDIT: I meant the opposite. Not improved- degraded!
    Posted via CB10
    I was with Simple Mobile an MVNO of T-Mobile. When I switched from my 9780 to my new 9900, something got screwed up with my BIS service and I kept getting kicked out of BBerry BIS and only a new SIM would cure it and re-up my BIS service.... for a few days, then BIS would go missing again.
    They tried for months to fix my account but could not do so.

Finally switched to ATT and could not be happier. Plus, ATT is simply a better network in the US. I get much better coverage no matter where I travel, and, BIS stays rock solid!

Still loving my 9900.

Aloha!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-12-15 08:29 PM
    Thanks for the post! Switched to the Classic about a week ago (coming from iPhone). Admit it's taking a while to get used to, but the communications efficiency and increased productivity already have a great impact on my life.
    I don't know about you but I am really struggling to adjust to using the BlackBerry camera! It is very different from the iPhone camera!! :-)

Loving veing able to communicate so effectively from the Hub! Do not miss having to switch through apps!

Posted via CB10
    zmsox likes this.
    08-13-15 10:23 PM
96 1234