If you are considering switching to Classic and have any questions, i'm happy to answer them as objectively as I can!

I was on iPhone for 2 years and when I heard that Chen suggested BlackBerry would pull out of the handset game if the next launch didn't go well, I decided it may be my last chance to use a BlackBerry, so I went and picked up a Classic from Rogers.

First impressions:
    - Depending on what you use your phone for in your life, the lack of app support may be an issue for you. I suggest writing down which apps you CURRENTLY can't function without, and look online to see if there is either a BlackBerry (or Android) version, or useable alternative. If there isn't, you WILL feel the difference.

- Blackberry's biggest downfall may have been it's marketing department. I didn't know what Blackberry Blend was (and if you don't either, click here: ). My iPhone can't do that, especially on Windows! What a competitive game changer! How has this not been pounded into the media?! If I'd known about it, I would have switched a long time ago!

- (iPhone/Android users only). Make setting up your new device easier by downloading Device Switch from the app store on BOTH your new BlackBerry and your current phone, then letting WiFi sync do the work for you (contacts/photos/videos/etc). Use this instead of letting a cell phone store employee do it for you.

- The Hub takes so getting used to, but stick with it because it's ultimately useful, and I will not miss having to switch between text/email/messaging apps on my iPhone. All communication is streamlined into one place. You will need to adjust your Hub Notifications settings otherwise your phone will notify you about every single move you make and it will drive (me) banana sandwich.

- Forget all you know about gestures. It will make adjusting easier. There is no more swipe to delete!

- I missed the blinking light. Now I know when I have a message! With iPhone, I constantly had to turn the screen on to check. Plus, I can customize the colour of the blinking light, so I know whether it's husband, boss, or gen. pop!

Am I happy? Yes. Do I have regrets? None.

Are there specific comparisons you are looking for? Post below and I will try it out for myself and answer!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 04:19 PM
    Welcome back to BlackBerry. Nice post.

Posted with my  Classic
    anon(1308230) likes this.
    08-06-15 04:22 PM
    Very nice post. I just picked up a Q10 for cheap. I have used and still use iOS and Android devices. I had a Q10 a while ago and ended up selling it and keeping my 9930. The new 10.3.2 is amazing though. I am looking for a Classic for a reasonable price right now. I think I would like a slightly larger screen and the track pad.

I have been able to get most of the apps I want on here and there isn't anything that I need that's missing.

How have your iPhone carrying friends reacted to your switch? I know people hate that I don't use iMessage.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10
    08-06-15 04:38 PM
    Pleasure to read!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 06:03 PM
    Pleasure and refreshing. Open mind like yours we all need to work at.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 06:36 PM
    Wait -- it just keeps getting better. There is just no comparison -- nothing can touch the Classic. All hail the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 07:00 PM

- I missed the blinking light. Now I know when I have a message! With iPhone, I constantly had to turn the screen on to check. Plus, I can customize the colour of the blinking light, so I know whether it's husband, boss, or gen. pop!
    Would you be able to tell me how to accomplish this. Thanks in advance!
    08-06-15 08:05 PM
    Would you be able to tell me how to accomplish this. Thanks in advance!
    Settings - Notifications - select active profile - Customize App Notifications

contender1543 and Avenzuno like this.
    08-06-15 08:34 PM

Thanks!
    08-06-15 09:03 PM

Thanks cwbcpa! What he said!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 09:30 PM
    Very nice post. I just picked up a Q10 for cheap. I have used and still use iOS and Android devices. I had a Q10 a while ago and ended up selling it and keeping my 9930. The new 10.3.2 is amazing though. I am looking for a Classic for a reasonable price right now. I think I would like a slightly larger screen and the track pad.

I have been able to get most of the apps I want on here and there isn't anything that I need that's missing.

How have your iPhone carrying friends reacted to your switch? I know people hate that I don't use iMessage.

Wow, you are an eclectic user! Great way to keep up on the latest tech!

Actually, I got laughed at the cell phone store when I went in and asked to switch to a BlackBerry. I got a smirk, and "why?"....I just smiled and asked them if they wanted my money or not...

Posted via CB10
    sirius27, cwbcpa, ZayDub and 10 others like this.
    08-06-15 09:34 PM
    Nice post, completely my thoughts too (I came back from iPhone too).
    You forgot to mention shortcuts and speed dials, battery life, fantastic contacts management, file manager... I'm sure there's more

But, there are two drawbacks:
    - it gets unlocked and starts doing things on its own when you have in the jeans pocket
    - double typing issues. I'm already having "e", "i" and spacebar which is the worst because then you get a full stop and the other word starts with a capital letter!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 08:04 AM
    Welcome back--I'm sure you will love the Classic. Toolbelt + awesome keyboard are winners, especially once you get all your app and action keyboard shortcuts customized. Do a search for BlackBerry Classic shortcuts and play around with which buttons do what to get the most out of it. Example: Alt + U marks messages as read/unread in the Hub. Any button on the toolbar will turn on the lockscreen to see notifications. U + Enter unlocks, K locks.

Say hello to ultimate efficiency in mobile communications, and say goodbye to touchscreen typos!

From a Classic
    08-07-15 10:32 AM
    Wow, you are an eclectic user! Great way to keep up on the latest tech!

Actually, I got laughed at the cell phone store when I went in and asked to switch to a BlackBerry. I got a smirk, and "why?"....I just smiled and asked them if they wanted my money or not...

Posted via CB10
    Nice comeback. I need to remember that!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 12:54 PM
    Nice post, completely my thoughts too (I came back from iPhone too).
    You forgot to mention shortcuts and speed dials, battery life, fantastic contacts management, file manager... I'm sure there's more

But, there are two drawbacks:
    - it gets unlocked and starts doing things on its own when you have in the jeans pocket
    - double typing issues. I'm already having "e", "i" and spacebar which is the worst because then you get a full stop and the other word starts with a capital letter!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, there are some amazing attributes I left out- battery life being one of the biggest!

I haven't experienced the double type issue...yet....though I have noticed when I type my email address ".com" the "o" gets replaced with a capital "M"- is that what you are talking about?
    08-07-15 01:27 PM
    Welcome back--I'm sure you will love the Classic. Toolbelt + awesome keyboard are winners, especially once you get all your app and action keyboard shortcuts customized. Do a search for BlackBerry Classic shortcuts and play around with which buttons do what to get the most out of it. Example: Alt + U marks messages as read/unread in the Hub. Any button on the toolbar will turn on the lockscreen to see notifications. U + Enter unlocks, K locks.

Say hello to ultimate efficiency in mobile communications, and say goodbye to touchscreen typos!

From a Classic
    Great tip, thanks! I keep forgetting to set the keyboard shortcuts up! It's been so long since I've had a Blackberry, I completely forgot about those. Definitely faster than navigating an iPhone!
    08-07-15 01:28 PM
    Nice comeback. I need to remember that!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, well excuse this unladylike expression, but f*** them, seriously. They are commission-based retail sellers and they don't want to sell me their product based on their personal bias? That is beyond lame sales skills and recognition, especially when they clearly aren't familiar with their own product, otherwise they wouldn't be smirking because they'd realize what a great tool a Blackberry is, despite it's mainstream reputation.

Grrrrr....old woman grumbling....grrrr.
    08-07-15 01:30 PM

- Forget all you know about gestures. It will make adjusting easier. There is no more swipe to delete!

Posted via CB10
    I don't get, no more swipe to delete? Are we talking text and deleting that with a swipe or are you talking about app icons?

Posted via CB10 on my aging Z30
    08-07-15 02:24 PM
    Yes, well excuse this unladylike expression, but f*** them, seriously. They are commission-based retail sellers and they don't want to sell me their product based on their personal bias? That is beyond lame sales skills and recognition, especially when they clearly aren't familiar with their own product, otherwise they wouldn't be smirking because they'd realize what a great tool a Blackberry is, despite it's mainstream reputation.

Grrrrr....old woman grumbling....grrrr.
    Haha you just made my friday lady! Very valid points in your OP as well, it answers the question "Why wouldn't I switch back to iPhone?". I switched from an iPhone 4 to the Bold 9000, 9700, 9900 and then bought all the BlackBerry 10 phones when they came out. The Passport is big, but it's perfect combo of a big screen and a keyboard. Have the Classic for when the size becomes inconvenient.

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 02:49 PM
    Great post. Nice to see some new perspectives from "legit" iPhone users (not BlackBerry fans who also have an iPhone/iPad).

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    08-07-15 04:50 PM
    Great post, I currently own the Passport and I keep hearing great things about the classic and I want to now order it in cobalt blue! I made the switch from iPhone 6 and I have no regrets, there is nothing that I miss from iPhone family.. mind you I have a mac, macbook pro, apple TV etc and I still don't miss it, I really love BlackBerry Blend and how it's multi platform compatible.. all great things for BlackBerry.. can't wait to see what else comes up.. thank you very much for your very detailed review and personal experience!

 Posted via my BlackBerry Passport!
    08-07-15 07:46 PM
    Great post, I currently own the Passport and I keep hearing great things about the classic and I want to now order it in cobalt blue! I made the switch from iPhone 6 and I have no regrets, there is nothing that I miss from iPhone family.. mind you I have a mac, macbook pro, apple TV etc and I still don't miss it, I really love BlackBerry Blend and how it's multi platform compatible.. all great things for BlackBerry.. can't wait to see what else comes up.. thank you very much for your very detailed review and personal experience!

Couldn't agree with you more! If I'd known about Blend I would have ditched Apple much sooner!

I can't believe Apple is as popular as it is when it's phones don't have SD card slots or removable batteries! That's really been something I've been thinking more and more about since switching! (although granted, my Classic battery doesn't appear removable)

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 08:11 PM
    Also jumped ship from iOS to team blackberry and it's the best decision I've ever made (cellphone wise). I love the physical keyboard, amazing trackpad, and the durable feel of my Classic. I'm 21 (probably on the younger end of the blackberry demographic) but highly recommend it to anyone in need of a reliable device

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 02:02 AM

We were the same too. Owned every single Apple product except for the iPhone. I got my first Curve and was hooked.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 09:45 AM
    We were the same too. Owned every single Apple product except for the iPhone. I got my first Curve and was hooked.

Posted via CB10
    I started with the BlackBerry Pearl back in the day,.. for a while I didn't have another BlackBerry until I grabbed the curve then the bold 9900, then the Z10, Z30 and now the Passport.. my brother keeps hinting that he doesn't think he can get used to it... but he has been intrigued maybe he will switch.. maybe he won't, I just make it a point to show him all things I know for a FACT iPhone can't do, with or without being jailbroken..

rarsen likes this.
    08-08-15 02:22 PM
96 123 ...