Hello everyone.

As I sit here typing on my second Blackberry Passport (This time the Silver Edition) and I remember why I sold my Classic twice before it. The processor was slower, the screen was smaller, the battery was not as big, the resolution was lower, I could go on and on. I've even been over to the darkside that is an iPhone 6s Plus. Because as society will tell you, these are what phones need to be in 2017. Well then, why do I always have this need, this every persistent pull back to a Blackberry Classic?

This is the last message I'll type on the Passport and that is fine by me! Yesterday I ordered my 3rd Blackberry Classic and I feel like a kid at Christmas (Appropriate) !! I cannot wait to get back that feel in hand, that perfect, substantial weight, that best in class keyboard, that cool, classic look, that toolbelt, again I could go on and on!

You see the Classic, to me, is irreplaceable and even though I try and try to journey elsewhere, I always seem to just come back home.

Does anyone else feel like this? What if there are no more devices made in this form factor? What will we do?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-16 07:22 AM
    Hello everyone.

As I sit here typing on my second Blackberry Passport (This time the Silver Edition) and I remember why I sold my Classic twice before it. The processor was slower, the screen was smaller, the battery was not as big, the resolution was lower, I could go on and on. I've even been over to the darkside that is an iPhone 6s Plus. Because as society will tell you, these are what phones need to be in 2017. Well then, why do I always have this need, this every persistent pull back to a Blackberry Classic?

This is the last message I'll type on the Passport and that is fine by me! Yesterday I ordered my 3rd Blackberry Classic and I feel like a kid at Christmas (Appropriate) !! I cannot wait to get back that feel in hand, that perfect, substantial weight, that best in class keyboard, that cool, classic look, that toolbelt, again I could go on and on!

You see the Classic, to me, is irreplaceable and even though I try and try to journey elsewhere, I always seem to just come back home.

Does anyone else feel like this? What if there are no more devices made in this form factor? What will we do?

Posted via CB10
    Life will go on..... and you need to get use to it as the move to Android means there won't be another device like the Classic. The Mercury (or something like it) is what you'll have to adapt to.
    12-22-16 07:40 AM
    I feel the same. I got an iPhone 7 Plus in jet black, and it's pretty and everything, but I still use my Classic too.

Posted via CB10
    acovey and Adam Rees like this.
    12-22-16 10:22 AM
    I just moved from a Classic to a PRIV.

I only miss the Classic occasionally and overall am very satisfied with the PRIV. Mind you, your sentiment does echo a bit with me because my first BB was a 9810 slider, whose form factor I LOVED. So, the PRIV being a slider was kinda going back to those roots like what you did with going back to the Classic.

Truthfully, I don't think I ever found the Classic lacking in terms of the processor - the web browsing could occasionally be slow but I think that's more a local web infrastructure issue than the phone itself.

All is not lost, however - the Classic is now in the hands of my 12 year old grandson and he is delighted with his telecommunications device and is busy texting everyone on the planet!
    acovey and Adam Rees like this.
    12-22-16 10:55 AM
    I'm on my second classic and contemplating getting another passport again. For me the pull is back to the bb10 operating system each time I leave rather than a particular handset
    12-22-16 11:02 AM
    I feel the same way about my Passport LOL. I have a Blue Classic sitting in a box
    Adam Rees likes this.
    12-22-16 11:04 AM
    My exact thoughts every time I hold my Passport!

Posted with my beautiful Passport SE
    Adam Rees likes this.
    12-22-16 11:10 AM
    I am actually on my fourth Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Rees and acovey like this.
    12-22-16 01:16 PM
    I guess the name is fitting then for you. Classic. That's what it is meant to be. Like a car or a nice watch.
    Adam Rees likes this.
    12-22-16 01:20 PM
    I guess the name is fitting then for you. Classic. That's what it is meant to be. Like a car or a nice watch.
    Think you have hit the nail on the head there. To be honest if I could rip out the guts of the 9900 and stuff the Passport specs and BB10 in there that's my perfect phone. Such a shame it will never happen.

Anyway, can't wait to be reunited with my Classic tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    acovey and mushroom_daddy like this.
    12-22-16 03:30 PM
    I feel you

Damaged my Classic...ordered a PP SE. I am now in the phase were I WANT to like it more than the Classic. Come on..that screen...touch enabled keyboard..processor, you name it. But why then did I get another Classic which is waiting for me to come back. The ease I can use the Classic..oh boy.

So I will stay with the PP for Xmas, and if I still miss my Classic I switch. Because what's the point...use the phone which suits you best, as we all her tend to say.

CB10 on my Passport SE
    12-22-16 06:09 PM
    Does the classic feel as premium as the 9900?
    12-23-16 12:06 AM
    Amy-In my humble opinion, it does not feel as premium. Everything on the 9900 was tight and well fit. The Classic's shape is more square and it's design is not quite as sculpted. Plus, there's those straight frets on the Classic keyboard. The keyboard types slightly differently. But it's BB10 though which seems better than 7. The browser is faster, screen bigger, and it has the same tool belt. But given a choice, I'd prefer a BB10 vesion of the 9900. Are you the actress by the way?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-16 01:10 AM
    I feel the exact same way. I went to 6s for 2 weeks n couldn't do it. Passport as well and I just can't. This phone is perfect. Yes it's not optimal n best phone out there but it's perfect in its own way. Depending on the new android PKB thing being conceived, I can't imagine using another phone.

I use two. Blue personal n black for work
    12-23-16 01:58 AM
    I tend to get swayed into thinking an android phone would be nice to go to again for all those apps. I remind myself that I have tried it, hated and kept going back to blackberry. I would love to try the passport for awhile but I know I would grow tired of it as well and head on back to the classic which is why I'm riding this phone out until it's unusable. It's not great knowing that this phone in my hand is the last of its kind, it's all downhill from here on out it seems.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-16 10:22 PM
    Does the classic feel as premium as the 9900?
    Yes it does.

At first glance, it might not be because you are used to the 9900 but the Classic is actually more premium feeling than the 9900. It was best in its time but it's dated now.
    12-30-16 06:55 AM
    Yes it does.

At first glance, it might not be because you are used to the 9900 but the Classic is actually more premium feeling than the 9900. It was best in its time but it's dated now.
    except for the fact the classic has light bleeding on the corners of the screen and keyboard, camera debris issues source: I went through 3 of them and they all had the same issues so I just decided to sell and buy out my contract.
    12-30-16 05:02 PM
    I know exactly how you feel. Love my Classic, and have a brand new one waiting in the wings for if and when my trusty 22-month old Classic dies, although it still works as well today as the day I got it. Could even handle the move away from BB10--sadly inevitable--but a keyboard device without a toolbelt and trackpad doesn't even make sense, and the mercury holds no attraction for me at all. I'd be more interested in trying a Priv just for the novelty, although it's way too big to use for a daily driver, and again...no trackpad. But right now they're free on contract with my service provider, and i'm almost due for upgrade. Was waiting to see what the mercury would bring, but now that i've seen the renders have lost interest. Will stick with the Classic as a daily driver, it's small enough for most of my pockets and does everything i need it to. Love this phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-17 11:20 AM
    So I went back to Classic Nr. 2.

PP SE is a great device but I am now using a Classic again. The decision was by part made easier because of the little battery life my PP seemed to have. Overall I fell now 'at home' again.

I am looking forward to see if the new Mercury can be a suitable update to the Classic. What the PP tough me is that one does get used to more screen estate quite fast ;-)

CB10 on my Classic
    01-04-17 07:11 PM