I do the same thing as you. I have my BB classic to get stuff done, then I pull out my iPad mini 2 to entertain myself. I mean I carry a bag with me (student) so its not that bad. I prefer sending emails from my BB, I prefer fb Browsing on BB, Twitter on BB and thats it. Anything 'fun' related I do on my iPad
    04-13-15 11:51 PM
    I do the same thing as you. I have my BB classic to get stuff done, then I pull out my iPad mini 2 to entertain myself. I mean I carry a bag with me (student) so its not that bad. I prefer sending emails from my BB, I prefer fb Browsing on BB, Twitter on BB and thats it. Anything 'fun' related I do on my iPad
    I think the "fun" factor is not really what BlackBerry is about. I think they should leave that market to Apple and stuck with business and productivity.

Posted via CB10 (Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.2726 )
    CharlieV likes this.
    04-14-15 07:38 AM
    I just ordered my Classic and receiving it today. I've had various Android phones and Blackberries in the past - with a brief iPhone stint (their battery life is inexcusably bad).

I don't think I will regret it, honestly. I have plenty of functional issues with my Android -- picture messages lag and don't send probably or don't download quickly, calls are sometimes dropped, etc. This is not exclusive to my newest phone. For some reason, in my house, Androids have always done this, where the Blackberry and even the iPhone had clear calls and good picture messaging. Who knows why.

I rarely use many apps. I have them installed, but if I really think about it, I have not launched Candy Crush in 4 months, and I barely use any apps outside of Facebook which Blackberry still has. I dabbled with Instagram, but to me people post the same exact photos on Instagram as they do on Facebook so it's just superfluous. I am more concerned with having my real keyboard back, having a great web browser, and great texting and calling. I never was a huge app addict. However, if you are, the Classic won't measure up -- yes, it runs Android apps but let's be honest, it does not run them ideally and perfectly (some do work well, but others are laggy). The only Android app I really would like to have on there is TD Bank, so I'm hoping when I download that, it works sufficiently (assuming it's even available).
    04-16-15 08:15 AM
    Blackberry and even the iPhone had clear calls and good picture messaging. Who knows why.
    The only Android app I really would like to have on there is TD Bank, so I'm hoping when I download that, it works sufficiently (assuming it's even available).
    Welcome back! The Classic has great reception, even in rough areas. The keyboard is a joy, and the Call/End buttons will give you the warm fuzzies.

The TD Bank app works on the Classic. It's not quite optimized for the trackpad of course, but the touchscreen input should be fine. You can find it on the pre-loaded Amazon App store. When you minimize the app for more than a few seconds it resets to the login screen and you'll have to enter your password again, but otherwise it works fine.

From a Classic
    04-16-15 08:56 AM
    Pretty much the only thing I use the TD Bank app for is the mobile deposit, which I do love, so as long as that works I'm fine with the app not being "the best" for Blackberry. Although the app has other features, I rarely use them and typically check my accounts on my computer. (Just habit I guess)
    04-16-15 09:14 AM
    If blackberry put passport specs on classic, I will definitely jump on it. I myself have iPhone,Android, lumia, and an old bold 9780 now, want to upgrade to BB10 later.
    04-16-15 09:19 AM
    I don't regret it, but it's not that great of a phone or at least what I was expecting it to be. A lot of things that should be keyboard shortcuts aren't there like toggling Wi-Fi on & off, flashlight, copy/paste, and other things like that. I would rather have a buttoned trackpad (like the NOKIA E73 Mode) than a touch screen trackpad to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know why you tell that blackberry 10.3.1 should have at least shortcut toggling wifi on & off ?you can use your two fingers scrolling from the top to see the quick setting ( wifi, nfc and even f*cking flashlight) while running in any apps. Copy and Paste couldn't be easier with a trackpad and shift keyboard like a PC.
    I regret buying the Classic-img_20150416_233642.png

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-16-15 11:38 AM
    The only "complaint" that I have, is that there is no shortcut for the Data service button.
    For the rest... perfectomundo!!

Posted via my awesome Classic
    04-16-15 01:14 PM
    I miss the Quick Access buttons. I went from 2 (9650) to 1 (9900) to none (Classic). And I used them all the time.
    04-17-15 12:28 AM
    Well that's a good question.

The real answer is that I have a huge 10000 mah battery in a special case on my Note 3. It lasts for days.

Secondary is the S pen. It really is a great feature.

Posted via CB 10 on my Passport SQW100-1 sporting 10.3.1.2582
    The note 3 was a great phone for me when it came out, but after a while I noticed that it does everything that I don't want from a phone. Yes the S pen was great, and I had a lot of fun with it the day I got the phone, but I never used it. That and along with the garbage apps from Samsung, and Tmobile made me realize what I expect from a cell phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 04:14 AM
    ..... That and along with the garbage apps from Samsung, and Tmobile made me realize what I expect from a cell phone.

Posted via CB10
    A BlackBerry!!

04-17-15 10:53 AM
    A BlackBerry!!

Yep

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 03:22 PM
    I used to be in that camp as a heavy Android user. However, as business communications and calls picked up the HUB and BB10 were needed. My phone changes because my position changed. Nothing wrong with android devices (or Apple for that matter), but once you get used to the OS nothing feels right. I recently had a S6 I had to get rid of within 2 days. I need my HUB and battery life. Plus, the stock email app was appalling ha.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 11:17 AM
    If a person's needs are not met by any smartphone, especially a BlackBerry, the problem is NOT THE DEVICE. It's actually what's lovingly referred to in IT as a PEBKAC issue. If you're unfamiliar with PEBKAC issues, then you're the PEBKAC.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 05:30 PM
    If a person's needs are not met by any smartphone, especially a BlackBerry, the problem is NOT THE DEVICE. It's actually what's lovingly referred to in IT as a PEBKAC issue. If you're unfamiliar with PEBKAC issues, then you're the PEBKAC.

Posted via CB10
    No need to go full fanboy on us now...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-22-15 06:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    For a platform to be successful, they have a better chance if they take care of the PEBKACs!
    04-22-15 06:22 PM
    Love my BlackBerry classic.

Posted via CB10
    Same
    04-28-15 09:51 AM
    If the passport is so much better, screen, size etc. and the notes check points are only removable batter and s pen stuff what make the note your better tablet like device?
    Software and the pen.

The Passport is not a note taker and will not satisfactorily run some of the apps I use for work and play. It's that simple. For me, the Passport is the ultimate communicator. The Note 3 is a poor communicator, but does everything else better than the Passport. Hence it makes a good tablet, if small. I like it better than my Nexus tablet for tablety things.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on a Note 3. Giving my Passport a rest.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-28-15 12:50 PM
    I found the Classic to be a nice phone but too damn heavy
    04-28-15 04:26 PM
    I found the Classic to be a nice phone but too damn heavy
    Time to hit that gym! :-P
    Luvbassbells likes this.
    04-30-15 12:19 AM
    BB10 is a great OS. It's just that the Classic isn't the best BB10 phone. Still good, but I prefer most others.

Garbage post if you're not going to test a Passport or a Q10 or a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 12:35 AM
    I really enjoy my Q10 for communication (form factor, hub, keyboard, BBM), my iPad for all the apps, my e-Ink Kindle for reading, and my Cannon DSLR for photography. Sure I could get all that to some degree in a unified device, but each of these does a superior job at what they do and I appreciate them for that.

If I were you I'd just swap your SIM depending on your needs. Right a person could afford a Samsung, Apple, and a BBRY device from a year or two ago and get the best of all worlds.
    Luvbassbells likes this.
    04-30-15 02:12 AM
    BlackBerry is not for smartphone beginners. IPhone and androids are probably better for beginners. My mom is not tech savvy so iPhone is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    LOL, androids and iphone are for everyone who wants a smartphone, better app support for productivity, and efficiency.
    Blackberry is for their fans.
    04-30-15 03:14 AM
    I am very disappointed in the battery life of the classic. Anyone else have same issue?

Posted via CB10
    That's why I keep coming back to my Q10 and save my Classic for backup phone

Via  the slick BlackBerry Q10 bow down to the power of Q 
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    04-30-15 07:01 AM
    LOL, androids and iphone are for everyone who wants a smartphone, better app support for productivity, and efficiency.
    Blackberry is for their fans.
    Who is this guy?

BlackBerry phones are for getting things done. I can't tell you how slow and inefficient an iPhone is for a workflow. I use my Passport as my main email device, and it used to be a laptop.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 07:44 AM
137 ... 23456