Who is this guy?

BlackBerry phones are for getting things done. I can't tell you how slow and inefficient an iPhone is for a workflow. I use my Passport as my main email device, and it used to be a laptop.

Posted via CB10
    If only BlackBerry's last few models didn't have the double typing then yes, it would beissues or they are willing to acknowledge or fix it, actually work with Google Drive or compatible with its group editing function, has at least some cloud auto-backup feature, no BBM spamming, at least some basic water resistance, real split-screen/multi-windows (much better than the Workwide's half-baked alpha like experience), a map that doesn't just show the name of a town, then yes, it would be an apt secondary device for handling emails.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-30-15 07:59 AM
    Who is this guy?

BlackBerry phones are for getting things done. I can't tell you how slow and inefficient an iPhone is for a workflow. I use my Passport as my main email device, and it used to be a laptop.

Posted via CB10
    You're absolutely right. An IPhone isn't workflow efficient as a BlackBerry. For mission critical work, I'll use a BlackBerry any time, any day, anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 08:04 AM
    You can reassign the short cut key do do anything you want. Just pull the setting screen down then select ShortCut and Speed Dial,
    Highlight the key, press and hold, select edit then chose what you want the shortcut to do.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 350311
    Attachment 350312
    Attachment 350313
    04-30-15 09:15 AM
    That's why I keep coming back to my Q10 and save my Classic for backup phone

Via  the slick BlackBerry Q10 bow down to the power of Q 
    Um, I had a Q10, my Classic lasts FAR longer than the Q10...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-30-15 10:12 AM
    Interesting! Although the Classic battery was also okay when I had the device, I seem to have been getting better mileage out of my Q10!
    04-30-15 10:18 AM
    Maybe you should have tested the Passport. Used a Note 2 years ago but my Passport is a mini Hulk. Big screen, good battery and a great physical keyboard. Using it for about 7 months or so and I love it more each day.

CB10 - Passport
    04-30-15 10:25 AM
    After 5 months of considering the classic, I took the plunge. Over the last 24 hrs, it's been a steep education curve. It's different, it's heavy - I can live with those - in fact it's quite nice and holds promise. Slight concern over app support, but I need it for phone and mail.
    MAIL. no auto BCC to myself. This is a huge show-stopper for me. I tried the AutoBCC app, but that doesn't work reliably (do I now have to use a different mail client instead of the hub?). It appeared not to work from the Hub.. I could use IMAP, but I need sent mail replicated to my PC Outlook, and POP outlook doesn't pull down the 'sent mail' folder. I store all my mail, and I need it on my PC under my control for legal reasons. It seems there is no way other than for me to try to remember. That's not good enough. Apple have implemented auto-bcc, so it must be straight-forward. Reading around, it seems (now) that a bunch of people had the same issue for a while and bbry refuse to address it.

Is this really a dead end? If so, the Classic will go back in the box and back to Amazon, sadly. I wasted a day.
    04-30-15 10:38 AM
    Interesting! Although the Classic battery was also okay when I had the device, I seem to have been getting better mileage out of my Q10!
    Exactly!

Via  the slick BlackBerry Q10 bow down to the power of Q 
    04-30-15 11:09 AM

Hmm. 2100mAh battery on the Q10 vs the 2515mAh battery in the Classic.

I'm not doubting that you get better life from the Classic, but the Q10's amoled display offsets some of that difference. I'm just doubting that it's "FAR" unless your Q10 battery is unhealthy.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 11:38 AM
    If only BlackBerry's last few models didn't have the double typing then yes, it would beissues or they are willing to acknowledge or fix it, actually work with Google Drive or compatible with its group editing function, has at least some cloud auto-backup feature, no BBM spamming, at least some basic water resistance, real split-screen/multi-windows (much better than the Workwide's half-baked alpha like experience), a map that doesn't just show the name of a town, then yes, it would be an apt secondary device for handling emails.

Those are some good points. And double-typing is a major issue, but not for the Passport in my experience.

And what is this about BBM spamming? I've noticed this too, and it's so annoying.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 11:40 AM
    Hmm. 2100mAh battery on the Q10 vs the 2515mAh battery in the Classic.

I'm not doubting that you get better life from the Classic, but the Q10's amoled display offsets some of that difference. I'm just doubting that it's "FAR" unless your Q10 battery is unhealthy.

Posted via CB10
    In case you don't know, that's actually 20% more capacity. And yes, it's a noticeable difference.

04-30-15 12:28 PM
    In case you don't know, that's actually 20% more capacity. And yes, it's a noticeable difference.
    The poster mentioned the screen type that offsets some of the battery size difference. Also, not to mention, Classic has a larger screen. So, even if the battery capacity may be 20% more, the other factors could further close the gap (or maybe even tip the scale to the other side). So, the use of the term "FAR" was a little bit of a stretch!
    deadcowboy likes this.
    04-30-15 07:16 PM
    The poster mentioned the screen type that offsets some of the battery size difference. Also, not to mention, Classic has a larger screen. So, even if the battery capacity may be 20% more, the other factors could further close the gap (or maybe even tip the scale to the other side). So, the use of the term "FAR" was a little bit of a stretch!
    Ok, having both the Q10 and the Classic, I guess what do I know? Stick to your theories. Real world experience means nothing. I guess I must have started using my phone a lot less coincidentally right when I bought the Classic right? LOL

04-30-15 07:28 PM
    Ok, having both the Q10 and the Classic, I guess what do I know? Stick to your theories. Real world experience means nothing. I guess I must have started using my phone a lot less coincidentally right when I bought the Classic right? LOL

Chill Slagman...chill xoxo

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 07:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    I always read those kind of statements here, productivity, efficiency, or something. But when I asked them what kind of productivity, they just said it's just flow or I love the hub.
    04-30-15 09:23 PM
    LOL, androids and iphone are for everyone who wants a smartphone, better app support for productivity, and efficiency.
    Blackberry is for their fans.
    wut?? Have you ever used blackberry 10 os?
    04-30-15 09:34 PM
    I've, Z30.
    04-30-15 09:47 PM
    I've, Z30.
    04-30-15 09:47 PM
    I did a hardware upgrade via my carrier from the Z30 to the Classic. Unfortunately the Classic is going back. I don't like the typing experience anymore on the Classic. It's too noisy, and and finding it difficult to use alt and shift keys instead of flicking the words up. I didn't realize how much faster I was on my Z30.

I used to own a Pearl and a Bold 9780, plus a Z10. I can't believe how much faster I am on the Z30. It's virtual keyboard and size of keys are perfect and I can switch so easily from English to French simply by typing and flicking with no pause in between.

So I think I'm simply going to order another Z30 and keep it as a spare in the drawer until the next flagship all touch or slider arrives, which could be next year judging by the sounds of things.

I also wasn't impressed with the mono speaker, coming from the Z30's wonderfully loud stereo speakers. It's no Bose sound, however it's about the best I've heard for a smartphone.

The Classic has it's place, however I'm finding a full Qwerty is not for me any longer. I still may check out the Passport which has the large screen I love and stereo sound etc...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    Last edited by GreenCopperz; 05-01-15 at 07:40 AM.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    05-01-15 06:59 AM
    I always read those kind of statements here, productivity, efficiency, or something. But when I asked them what kind of productivity, they just said it's just flow or I love the hub.
    Really the only productivity advantage for me is the Universal Search and I still think it is great.

Hub, I can live without, since most incoming messages I don't response immediately are emails, which are already grouped in Android and to a certain extent better and more efficient with the automatic bundling. If you need it then there is a notification aggregate app named Hub available for free in Android anyway.

Keyboard was nightmare for over a year for me with many returns and exchanged to get rid of double type. Now Ginger Keyboard on Android is my top choice for typing and TouchPal for editing. TouchPal is certainly more productive and Ginger more accurate.

Calendar sucks, Maps suck, Remember is an absolute rubbish beta app. It's a shame there's no Android app that does the exact same thing as BlackBerry's universal search but it is definitely not worth the trouble of having problems and difficulties with everything else just for the universal search.

KR2013 likes this.
    05-05-15 06:34 AM
    Thanks for this, KR2013.

There are more variables than what you describe. My Q10 battery needed replacement within a year due to decreased capacity. So a straight comparison might not be accurate if the Q10 battery is unhealthy. But no one ever denied that the Classic would have better battery life.

What's nice is that I can toss a 4400mha Mugen battery in my Q10 and get 3+ days of life.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 08:28 PM
    Thanks for this, KR2013.

There are more variables than what you describe. My Q10 battery needed replacement within a year due to decreased capacity. So a straight comparison might not be accurate if the Q10 battery is unhealthy. But no one ever denied that the Classic would have better battery life.

What's nice is that I can toss a 4400mha Mugen battery in my Q10 and get 3+ days of life.

Posted via CB10
    The battery in my Q10 was less than 3 months old when I retired it to use the Classic, plus, I have experienced longer noticeably longer battery life with the Classic than I've EVER experienced with the Q10. Once I was playing videos (streamed over the internet using mobile data, not wifi) on my Classic one morning to earn swagbucks (look them up) during a promotion that allowed for a huge point earning opportunity. Spent 5 hours STRAIGHT doing that. Screen on, using data, sound was muted though, and it still had 20% battery life after that, which lasted the rest of the work day (not watching videos constantly of course). I remember some days of heavy use on my Q10 watching videos and other media things, and it would die on me in far less time than that... Like 2-3 hours max.

But again, no worries man, just stick to the theories, I'm probably just going senile or something.
    05-05-15 08:47 PM
    I think the classic is a good device, for people wanting the give BlackBerry a try. For a better choice pick up the passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 07:08 AM
    Who is this guy?

Posted via CB10
    I feel like I always have to preface my response to these things in order to avoid an argument. I'm only curious. What about the iPhone makes it slow and inefficient for workflow?
    05-06-15 02:35 PM
    The X factor is that the Passport never pisses me off.
    LOL this is what I tell people when they ask me why I use a blackberry.

My Wife and I swapped to Android for a bit and we were both continually pissed off at the devices. Can't tell you how many times I literally had my truck window rolled down ready to throw the Android out the window. Life is too short to be frustrated by your mobile device.
    AthenaSmith and TaiwanGavin like this.
    05-08-15 11:59 PM
137 ... 3456