OP, I'm not completely clear on what expectation you had that wasn't met.

Agreed, a Note 2 will run a LOT of apps that a Classic won't, and when looking at media a tablet's larger screen is naturally going to be more appealing.

I can relate to some degree; I have a Passport and a (very good) Samsung tablet. I'm finding the Tab S is getting used almost exclusively for games/entertainment, and productivity tasks fall to my BlackBerry.

So far as the Hub goes, I found it took some time before I landed on a configuration that really worked for me. I don't see that as a bad thing, though; it's more a reflection on its flexibility. After taking that time to "make friends" with it I find I miss it when I'm working on other devices.
    andy957 likes this.
    04-10-15 01:21 PM
    Funny that OP says the typical top features people mention are the keyboard and the hub. The two reasons I'm still on my Q10? Keyboard and the hub. Love them both, just can't stay away. I try lots of other devices (thank goodness for vzw's 14-day return) and still keep coming back. The Classic is definitely not for everyone. There are some weird things that happen due to the "bolted-on" feeling of the toolbelt to an OS not designed to use it. Plenty of room for improvement, but overall I thought it was a pretty good phone.
    04-10-15 03:50 PM
    So wait you are surprised a full touch screen Note 2 provides you with a better media experience than the tiny screen BB Classic?

Couldn't you kind of tell that just by looking at the 2 phones side by side?
    04-10-15 03:53 PM
    The Note 4 is quite possibly the best Android device available. It's a flagship phablet. The Classic is a budget BlackBerry device with internal specs almost identical to the original BB10 releases from a couple of years ago. I'll be straight forward with you, the Classic is about sentimentality and that's fine. But, it's not the best BB10 experience. The real flow of BB10 replaces the toolbar, so adding it back kind of kills the experience for users who never learn the gestures. The only BB10 device I would buy right now is the Passport and that's a shame as I think BB10 is a great slate OS.

Before you try to sell your Classic, though, I'd consider doing two things. First, enjoy instant actions / and search by simply typing whatever you want from your home screen. If you are in an app, swipe up and type. If you are in the homescreen, just start typing whatever you want and tap to select. It's pretty awesome. You should learn to tweet and send text this way, too. I even check for showtimes this way. I never have to open an app. Sure, there are great search systems on Android and iOS, but being able to access just by typing on a physical keyboard is much better in practice than it seems. Second, learn to use the file system. BB10 blends with your computer in a way that is much easier and better than any other mobile OS. Make sure you have dropbox hooked up and access it via the native file system app whenever you want. Have fun with Blend, too. These aren't things that are impossible on Android, but the implementation is better on BB10 and you'll enjoy it.

The other thing I'd add is that BlackBerry's new CEO is **** poor at talking about devices. He seems to want to eat our brand in order to have a second chance at running a company like Sybase, making boring enterprise software and such. And, that's fine for investors. It's not greatness, but it could make some money, and the old CEO and folks like myself thought going private was necessary because the better plan, the greatness plan, was potentially a couple or years or more away and would require losses to build the platform -- those kind of losses scare the markets. But, part of the result of this thing BlackBerry is going through is that we aren't really told in any top down way about what awesomeness we should treasure and what we should just enjoy. If you do presentations, you might want to try BlackBerry's Express app. It's awesome and it works with a Thalmic device. There are good third party apps on every platform, but you'll miss Twittly or Blaq if you move back to Android... But, it's a little hard to know what is great and what isn't on the phone and that's a shame. For me, if I get about twenty or thirty native apps providing the functionality/experience I want, BB10 destroys iOS/Android. Are we there, yet? No. But, there are some good native apps and we get closer every month or so. If you are just running Android apps via Snap or the Amazon store or something, I get the frustration.

Also, I'd consider waiting for the new Slider before giving up on BB10. Your experience with the Note means you probably enjoy a larger, impressive screen and such. I'm not going to argue that the Classic competes in regards to these things. But, BB10 can and will if the Slider is released in June. If it slips and slips... well....

Anyway...

Thanks for sharing....

-- BlackBerryFan777

I'm a former 8330, Tour, and Storm 2 (briefly) user on VZW. I then changed over to android and went through several devices (droid X, note 2, htc one m8). When it was announced that the Classic was coming to Verizon I got really excited, Edged up my m8 and got a Classic at launch.

When I first laid my hands on the demo Classic at my local AT&T store prior to the Verizon launch there was definitely a feeling of nostalgia. It just felt so good putting my hands back on the physical keyboard.

I recently upgraded my wife to a Note 4, and inherited her note 2 as my tablet so to speak. Now I find myself carrying the note 2 everywhere due to its much more pleasurable experience doing anything other than sending a text or email. Yes I know, the Classic is built for communication, and I get that, but after messing around with my wife's note 4, I can't help but feel like the Classic is just inadequate. I love the keyboard, but that really is its only redeeming quality, IMO. I know people will sing the praises of the hub also, but it really doesn't do much to enhance my experience as a user. I'm sure if I go back to a note, or other android device, I'll certainly miss the keyboard. I just don't think there's really anything else I'd be missing on this device.

Maybe I'll reactivate the note 2 and use it for a week and see if I come running back to my Classic, or maybe I'll just end up carrying 2 devices around all the time...or maybe I'll just stick to the androids...who knows. I do, however, wish I had gotten my fill of nostalgia within my 14 day return and exchange period! This is a great phone, just don't think it's a great phone for my specific usage/needs.

I'm sure this is news to no one, but just felt like sharing.

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling likes this.
    04-10-15 04:22 PM
    I regret not buying classic! I am broke!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 04:28 PM
    I recently upgraded my wife to a Note 4
    Did you get a better wife? <just kidding>
    04-10-15 07:29 PM
    The other thing I'd add is that BlackBerry's new CEO is **** poor at talking about devices.
    I've thought this as well. His comments at the Classic launch when he said he hadn't really tested out the device re: battery life claim, it was almost as though he didn't care about it. I get the same impression from him whenever talks about the PHONES, he doesn't seem to be too excited about them, doesn't know how to impart any enthusiasm. Even at the Passport launch, he wasn't too convincing.

BB's problem has always been marketing. Although I must say, I work near the Air Canada Centre in Toronto and there is a HUGE billboard/screen that I walk past in the morning with HUGE advertisements for the Classic, I only wish they were on tv or elsewhere.
    wilber1 likes this.
    04-10-15 07:34 PM
    I switched from the BB Pearl 9100 to the classic. I don't regret buying the classic, but I will admit that I would have been perfectly happy if they had just left most of the ways the blackberry works the same as the older BB software did. It was simple, snappy, and quick which is why I kept using the same phone for such a long time. I had to develop shortcut keys to save time and I have no idea why I have 25 shortcut keys but can't make one of them a flashlight... I honestly hated the hub, I thought the way it is set up is stupid and pointless. I fixed the hub by removing everything from it except email. If I go to the hub I can still select the options I have removed from the sub menu (text messages, missed calls, etc) it just prevents my hub from growing out of control with pointless messages. Do I need the hub to tell me my phone is in battery savings mode? Also why can't we have a vibrate/normal symbol on the front screen? My tiny pearl screen had one!

I also wish visual voicemail was setup differently. When scroll down to the person's name who left you a visual voicemail, if you don't click the down arrow it calls the person. This is really a stupid feature, why do I have to click down to listen to the VVM? My pearl had a VVM box, it worked MUCH MUCH better IMO. I also hate having to touch the screen sometimes for no reason. I have no idea why they implemented pointless screen touches throughout the classic navigation process. I did everything on my pearl without touching the screen, it honestly adds nothing to the phone experience.

The last update fixed most of the gripes I had with the classic, but I wish I could run text messages in classic blackberry texting mode without the fancy iphone boxes. I would prefer just flat 2 color texting option. I will say call quality is much better, as is the blue tooth operation with my car. I also feel like executing certain tasks on the phone (internet navigation) feel much harder than they need to be and are quite cumbersome. I always switch websites to regular view as trying to use a website in mobile mode on the classic tends to end in tears and failure.
    MrVeda and Plazmic Flame like this.
    04-11-15 05:18 AM
    Indeed

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 11:13 AM
    Remember guys.... Now that Samsung have gone the way of the 'apple' ie no sd cards anymore no removable battery...

ok blackberry have no removable battery... but that will change soon i got a feeling. but atleast they have SD CARDS!

128GB or 200GB SDXC in a Q10/Classic/Passport etc is a beast.

Samsung have just lost half of their customers lmao.
    04-11-15 11:24 AM
    I am very disappointed in the battery life of the classic. Anyone else have same issue?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 11:43 AM
    I am very disappointed in the battery life of the classic. Anyone else have same issue?

Posted via CB10
    Depends on what you are doing with your phone..

I regret buying the Classic-img_20150411_185148.png

Posted via my awesome Classic
    04-11-15 11:52 AM
    Depends on what you are doing with your phone..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150411_185148.png 
Views:	1480 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	346929

Posted via my awesome Classic
    This tells me that you basically did nothing with your phone all day. Your highest battery usage item is your screen brightness at only 10%? Doesn't seem much, unless I'm reading the image wrong.

My reason for not getting the Classic was battery life and in the end, it's been a mix bag really. As a heavy user, I need solid numbers or majority positive user reviews to be convinced. Hopefully Classic-2 will be the battery hero we really wanted it to be.
    chinmay007 likes this.
    04-11-15 12:17 PM
    This tells me that you basically did nothing with your phone all day. Your highest battery usage item is your screen brightness at only 10%? Doesn't seem much, unless I'm reading the image wrong.

My reason for not getting the Classic was battery life and in the end, it's been a mix bag really. As a heavy user, I need solid numbers or majority positive user reviews to be convinced. Hopefully Classic-2 will be the battery hero we really wanted it to be.
    The 10% is not the screen brightness setting - it is the percentage of battery that has been used by the display over the time period

And FWIW - my wife has a Classic - the battery life is incredible - she gets virtually no signal at work, so her device is at full radio power for the 12 hour shift. She typically works 2 days back to back, and often does not charge overnight between days - but at the end of the second day she is still always at least at 50% remaining.

There may be something "wacked" with your OS - suggest you might want to consider doing a wipe and autoloader reinstall and see if that improves things.

if you check out all the threads about the Classic, I think you will find that excellent battery life is one of its strongest points.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.281 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    04-11-15 12:49 PM
    To each his own. Op you never described how you use as a daily driver? Could I have some insight to this please?
    04-11-15 01:38 PM
    So.....what's this thread about?

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    04-11-15 01:43 PM
    I haven't used classic yet but passport battery life is awesome! Most of phones I used barely last 1 day and PP survives. How is classic compared to pp?
    04-11-15 01:47 PM
    We were just talking about the new Star Wars movie.
    andy957 and anon(4021844) like this.
    04-11-15 02:53 PM
    I've actually been fine with the battery life, I always get a couple of days of use out of each charge. For the screen size I feel that the battery life is fair. I also always do a hard reset while the device is plugged in and it hits 100%, and I typically will drain the battery down to less that 30% before recharging. I would definitely be willing to purchase a Classic-2 if they put a bigger battery and more powerful processor in the device, even if it cost more. The passport is just a little too big for me to carry around, if I wore a suit everyday I'd definitely consider one. Coming from a Pearl I like the size of the device and I do not really want a bigger screen. I think the slider could be a better fit for those users who want a big screen, and I really don't want the phone to be any taller or wider, though if it had to be thicker to accommodate a bigger battery that would be fine. I would also prefer that the navigation buttons be individual buttons vs a solid piece of construction, as I can't quite tell where one button ends and another begins.
    04-11-15 02:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    I easily get through a day.

Z30something
    04-11-15 03:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    We were all wondering if OP would like the Classic. We've all been discussing the issue since before the Classic came out. There have been segments on it on CNN, CNBC, and others, there will be a movie about it all coming out soon. So OP finally reveals that he will not be keeping the Classic. It's news that broke to anxious people all around the world. And now we finally know. All of our lives have been enriched by this knowledge.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    andy957 and terminatorx like this.
    04-11-15 04:52 PM
    If I can interject... I have a thread somewhere here on switching from Android back to BlackBerry� after a long time away.

When if first got my Passport I was wowed by the simplicity of the interface and BB10 features that had been added since my short stint with a Q10. And I still am wowed. But in my zeal to get rid of my Note 3 I started trying to replicate the Android experience on my BlackBerry�. That really bogged down my phone and revealed disappointment in the app offerings and compatibility issues with some Android apps. My Note 3 has something like 250 apps on it. I have a lot of paid apps (mainly business related) and hundreds of free and free app of the day apps.

But then I paid close attention to the apps that I really use. It was an eye opener. I don't use many of those 257 apps. I use probably ten on a regular basis and maybe another five do things in the background. I put those ten plus five on my Passport and was, and am, very happy.

Occasionally I will add more apps to my BlackBerry� and, after a short time, realize that I don't use them and delete them.

For me, there is a tendency to screw with things. Sometimes I can't just leave a good thing alone. But in those moments of clarity when I focus on what I really use and pare things down to those, I always have a smile on my face as my BlackBerry� gets me through my heavy use days. One of the reasons I have kept the Note 3 activated is that it still has all of those useless apps on it. It updates them several times a day. It is always doing something. It lights up. It makes nearby speakers buzz. I know everyone is different and for some people their phone replaces a laptop or a tablet or a spare phone. But when your phone is a phone a messenger... a communicator... it is hard to beat the BlackBerry� platform.

Posted via CB 10 on my Passport SQW100-1 sporting 10.3.1.2582
    Nice comment. Which reminds me that I need to clean my phone up. I have many apps that I do not use on my Classic. My daughter just got the LG G3, citing customization as her primary reason and social apps that work better on an Android vs the ports. Her phone has already screwed my Smart Tag in my car. It wiped settings out, so now she has to just connect via bluetooth. The simplicity and efficiency of OS10 is why I love BlackBerry. I don't have time (work and an active family) to deal with nonsensical things.

Posted via Classic
    thymaster likes this.
    04-12-15 08:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    I get well over 18 hours from my device.

Quiet happy. :-)

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2582)
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-12-15 10:11 AM
    We were all wondering if OP would like the Classic. We've all been discussing the issue since before the Classic came out. There have been segments on it on CNN, CNBC, and others, there will be a movie about it all coming out soon. So OP finally reveals that he will not be keeping the Classic. It's news that broke to anxious people all around the world. And now we finally know. All of our lives have been enriched by this knowledge.

Ahh.... Thanks for the heads up!

I guessed with nearly 80 posts (and the topic seems far from being exhausted) it must be huge.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 11:47 AM
    Ahh.... Thanks for the heads up!

I guessed with nearly 80 posts (and the topic seems far from being exhausted) it must be huge.

Posted via CB10
    It is very big news indeed. Some people were starting to get annoyed that the major news stations were ignoring the terrorist attacks, plane crashes, and celebrity deaths because they were all covering the news that OP regrets buying the Classic.

andy957 likes this.
    04-12-15 04:48 PM
137 12345 ...