you can tell blackberry put a lot work in the BlackBerry 10 os. I was amazed how accurate it was. who needs Google maps if you have blackberry maps

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 09:58 AM
    unless you need satellite or street view.
    02-17-15 10:00 AM
    have you tried them in Europe?
    02-17-15 10:03 AM
    yes I live in uk

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 10:06 AM
    Maybe it's good for driving as its based on tomtom data but it's completely useless for anything else and doesn't compare to Google maps. Bemaps pro is still a better choice then blackberry maps for me.
    BerryRipe, jas1978 and Savior4Life like this.
    02-17-15 10:09 AM
    For driving I have to agree that BlackBerry Maps is great. I live in Toronto, Canada and the integration with real-time traffic and car accident data is great.

That being said when it comes to using public transit you are out of luck. I do use Google Maps on the Browser, but I cannot figure out why Google provides a striped down version on the browser when BB10 has the most functional mobile browser out there.

Posted via CB10
    redantz likes this.
    02-17-15 10:46 AM
    The search is the problem. The only really bad one I've seen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    shupor and pantlesspenguin like this.
    02-17-15 11:00 AM
    I like the BlackBerry maps as I live and work in the GTA and have never had an issue. I work in an area where new homes are popping up almost daily and its pretty accurate with new streets.

I don't require streetview for anything so it's not something I miss.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    donmateo and tjseaman like this.
    02-17-15 12:04 PM
    "I cannot figure out why Google provides a striped down version on the browser when BB10 has the most functional mobile browser out there."

Because they have their own phone now and probably want to charge BB for it. Before Android Google maps on BB was really good.
    02-17-15 12:09 PM
    What I don't understand is why there isn't a "walk" mode.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    berry4life99 and flyingsolid like this.
    02-17-15 12:56 PM
    BB Maps is so basic and inferior to Google's. It's missing simple features like destination on left or right.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    H_O_Boomaye and haringfish like this.
    02-17-15 02:05 PM
    i know i could never figure out what the big deal was works fine...
    Omahahaha likes this.
    02-17-15 02:21 PM
    BB Maps is so basic and inferior to Google's. It's missing simple features like destination on left or right.

i don't think you have used it in awhile cause mine does
    02-17-15 02:21 PM
    Native is better

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    PantherBlitz and Omahahaha like this.
    02-17-15 02:31 PM

The most current BBMAPS running on 10.3.1 does indicate left or right.

Z10 - 10.3.1.2267 w/2244 radio - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    02-17-15 02:54 PM
    I'm sorry, but BlackBerry Maps is a complete joke.

I've used a BlackBerry on and off for years, and used multiple Android devices on and off for years.

When I'm finding places, and I don't know the address, I can simply type out the name in Google Maps and it's there.

Yea, I can't do that with BlackBerry Maps.

What about public transit? It seems BlackBerry fails to realize people take buses/trains, because a certain percentage of people do in the US. (Me included since I've been car-less for 2 months now.)

Google Maps public transit option is a god send. With MetroLink and MetroBus in STL, they post what time the bus and trains will arrive via Google Maps. I can't just print several pages for directions every day to get to where I need to go. That's a waste of paper and ink (Unicorn blood is expensive, folks!)

All I'm saying is, if they added those features to BlackBerry maps, I'd be one happy camper. They haven't added the feature set yet. And I don't think they will in the near feature.

So I'm stuck with using the Google Maps app until something better comes out.
    02-17-15 03:30 PM
    you can tell blackberry put a lot work in the BlackBerry 10 os. I was amazed how accurate it was. who needs Google maps if you have blackberry maps
    I agree, when I used it for the first time I was really surprised how good it was. Even my iphone mate was impressed.
    02-17-15 03:39 PM
    BlackBerry Maps works fairly well IMHO and seemingly as well as Google Maps for my use. Those calling BlackBerry Maps down because they feel that it doesn't compare with the Google Maps authored by God, himself, must live in large, well populated areas. In rural areas and smaller cities, towns and villages all across North America, Google Maps is wrong as often as it is right and not something a thinking person would rely on to get from point A to point B.
    filanto and wincyUt like this.
    02-17-15 04:10 PM
    All I'm saying is it's useless to me in the city of Saint Louis. They need to add a public transit option.
    02-17-15 04:25 PM
    I'm sorry, but BlackBerry Maps is a complete joke.

I've used a BlackBerry on and off for years, and used multiple Android devices on and off for years.

When I'm finding places, and I don't know the address, I can simply type out the name in Google Maps and it's there.

Yea, I can't do that with BlackBerry Maps.

What about public transit? It seems BlackBerry fails to realize people take buses/trains, because a certain percentage of people do in the US. (Me included since I've been car-less for 2 months now.)

Google Maps public transit option is a god send. With MetroLink and MetroBus in STL, they post what time the bus and trains will arrive via Google Maps. I can't just print several pages for directions every day to get to where I need to go. That's a waste of paper and ink (Unicorn blood is expensive, folks!)

All I'm saying is, if they added those features to BlackBerry maps, I'd be one happy camper. They haven't added the feature set yet. And I don't think they will in the near feature.

So I'm stuck with using the Google Maps app until something better comes out.
    All of your complaints are based on the fact that BlackBerry isn't a search engine first like Google is. Of course Google adds its core functions into other things it does (like it's maps). But those are not map functions, (telling you where you are and how to get somewhere else) those are search functions, especially things like transit times.
    Melvin Martin likes this.
    02-17-15 05:06 PM
    Oh ya, its great! It only took them a year to update it for Calgary, Alberta, Canada regarding the east end of the ring road. Can't imagine what they haven't updated to places of travel. It is terrible compared to the competition.
    02-17-15 05:54 PM
    The most current BBMAPS running on 10.3.1 does indicate left or right.

Z10 - 10.3.1.2267 w/2244 radio - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    Right, 10.3.1........ When's that coming out again? 2017?
    02-17-15 05:56 PM
    Use BB Maps for work and has been quite dependable. Gets me there, love how it integrates with Contacts.

Posted via Classic
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    02-17-15 06:00 PM
    Well, Blackberry could make a deal with one of the search giants to help find places easier instead of us manually searching for the address ourselves.
    02-17-15 07:16 PM
    Blackberry maps is as good as my garmin gps when it comes to driving and I don't care about public transportation
    02-17-15 07:51 PM
138 123 ...