Right, 10.3.1........ When's that coming out again? 2017?
    Don't know when the official will be out - but I have been running 10.3.1 leaks for a long, long time - so, like many others who are willing to do the little bit extra enjoy the benefits of advanced functionality (like the improved in Maps, as but one small example).

Z10 - 10.3.1.2267 w/2244 radio - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    sbx9900 and wincyUt like this.
    02-17-15 08:12 PM
    Not available here

CB10 - Q10
    02-17-15 08:35 PM
    BlackBerry maps has always been reliable for me when I've needed it. However, I still use my Garmin in the car as its plugged in and don't need to use any data.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    02-17-15 09:00 PM
    This one works perfectly in India and I prefer the interface more than google maps. India has seen a tremendous improvement specially turn by turn navigation all over the country

Posted via CB10
    tjseaman likes this.
    02-17-15 09:04 PM
    Blackberry maps is as good as my garmin gps when it comes to driving and I don't care about public transportation
    Wait til you lose your car then.

Posted from the future
    37201xoIM likes this.
    02-17-15 09:28 PM
    I like BlackBerry Maps. For the times I've used it, I never had an issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 09:30 PM
    I've used BlackBerry maps 2 times in NYC and it was off by at least 2 blocks each time. Pony up a few bucks for BeMaps Pro. Uses google maps and has sweet view.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 10:25 PM
    I wish HERE Maps was available for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    02-17-15 10:53 PM
    you must be the guy that uses gps navigation a few times a year LOL
    02-17-15 11:02 PM
    it's not BBRY's fault. They use maps provided by Tom Tom.
    if Tom Tom updates maps once/twice a year, same goes with bbMaps.

it's quite simple concept:
    maps app checks your gps location and pulls map data from server. If map is not updated by the vendor - Tom Tom in this case, it's going to be "oldish" maps.

by the way - you can check the stand-alone tom tom satnav, check how often they update their maps
    02-18-15 03:09 AM
    Well I live in Abu Dhabi and BlackBerry Maps did try to navigate me through a dead end into the sea. Since, I have always rechecked the suggested route on Waze as a double check measure.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 03:09 AM
    I am from the metro Detroit area and I have used Blackberry maps when I travel and I have never had any major issues.

The directions are accurate and the voice guided navigation has worked well for me. No complaints here.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    02-18-15 03:59 AM
    I was trying to update my location through native Facebook client and finally i had to open Android version because BB Map had no idea where i was standing.
    The MAP is very immature and why BB is not using Here Map data is mystery.
    02-18-15 05:23 AM
    have you tried them in Europe?
    Yes, I live in Croatia. It's great.
    02-18-15 06:22 AM
    Wait til you lose your car then.

Posted from the future
    That's what insurance is for.
    02-18-15 06:24 AM
    That's what insurance is for.
    Well in my case, insurance didn't cover a car that died on its own.

Posted from the future
    02-18-15 06:33 AM
    BB maps not supported in the country I live, hows that fair?
    02-18-15 06:36 AM
    Never had an issue with BlackBerry maps in Canada, found it to be very accurate.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    02-18-15 06:56 AM
    It absolutely stinks when it comes to searching and choosing different route options but when it does find the address, does a darn good job at navigating.
    02-18-15 07:07 AM
    I you don't mind U-Turns.... I guess it's better than not having anything.

But if I'm traveling I either check BBMaps against Google online or I use my wife's iPhone. My BlackBerry has lead us astray in the past and even now it seems to want to drive by a location and do a u-turn and come back to it. We just went on a trip and I tried to get directions to a Steak n' Shake... it had me turn left down a side road, go a block do a u-turn and then go back through the light and then turn into the location. Whereas a left turn was all that was needed.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-18-15 07:45 AM
    The maps program has co0me a long way. You couldn't even type in restaurants to find local restaurants when it was first released. You had to know exactly what you were looking for. I think they outsourced the maps search to a third party though and that was when it went from crap to OK.

Google though has a way better search. I can type in Pancakes to find diners. I can misspell diners as dinners and google figures out what I meant. Google maps is simply better. No doubt. But BBRY maps is now good enough. Good luck finding that strangely spelled museum though. Sadly there are times when I have to find the address via google and copy/paste into BBRY maps.
    Blacklatino and 3MIKE like this.
    02-18-15 08:06 AM
    I never knew how good BlackBerry maps was until I used it today-img_20150218_081723.png I live in Saint Louis. LOL.

I never knew how good BlackBerry maps was until I used it today-img_20150218_081756.png at least Google's terms are way more accurate and closer.

Posted from the future
    02-18-15 08:18 AM
    Well, Blackberry could make a deal with one of the search giants to help find places easier instead of us manually searching for the address ourselves.
    Ha. Right. They could just snap their fingers and do that. Gosh, I wonder why they haven't thought of that yet.

Which "search giant" would that be anyway? I only know of a few: Google, the king, already a competitor with their own phone. Why would they sign a deal with BlackBerry to compete with their own product? Or how about Bing (Microsoft)? Already a competitor with their own phone. Same issue.
    That leaves (gasp) Yahoo....the red headed stepchild of search who's moron CEO says that "BlackBerry isn't a smartphone". So...please explain which search giant BlackBerry would most likely sign a deal with to integrate search functions directly into it's navigation app?
    02-18-15 08:23 AM
    All of your complaints are based on the fact that BlackBerry isn't a search engine first like Google is. Of course Google adds its core functions into other things it does (like it's maps). But those are not map functions, (telling you where you are and how to get somewhere else) those are search functions, especially things like transit times.
    This kind of thinking is the reason why blackberry lost so much market share!

Blackberry Maps is a joke *because* it's pretty much just a map, and anyone who has used Google maps is going to expect a heck of a lot more. Making the distinction between 'map functions' and 'search functions' is the sort of backward thinking that leads to offering navigation for one form of transportation but not another. From the user's perspective it's the same thing -- directions. So why does the app care how you're getting there? Because of some technical distinction no real user is actually going to care about?

BeMaps Pro was one of the first apps I installed. *Huge* improvement over the built in map.
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    02-18-15 08:28 AM
    I've never had an issue with BB Maps...always gets me to where I want to go.
    02-18-15 09:03 AM
138 1234 ...