10-25-15 02:01 PM
30 12
    Same here. I still have the Passport but have been using the Classic more. To keep or sell the Passport?? Hmmm...

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 01:45 PM
    my fav thing about the toolbar is when I minimize to the active frames and can just press the "back" key to close it instead of reaching up off the keyboard to the "x"
    Yep, I love using the toolbelt instead of the touchscreen when I can. So much less moving around with the thumb...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-06-15 03:27 PM
    Well, I tried returning to my poor, ignored Passport this weekend. Here are my thoughts re: Passport vs. Classic:

1) While the Classic is usable under all conditions, the speed advantage of the Passport was immediately obvious when I switched to it. It reminds me of the 9900 vs. the Q10 (when I had them).

2) The Passport screen is much clearer (I was surprised at how much of a difference this made), and it's also brighter at the same brightness settings.

3) The Passport camera is also much better. I take pics on my hikes, so this is something I actually appreciate.

1) The Passport keyboard was really hard to get used to after having used the Classic keyboard. I have used the Passport since it was released, and I was used to it, but once I switched to the Classic I experienced what a really good keyboard is like. It is so much like the Bold 9900. Having to use more pressure on the Passport keyboard was annoying and slowed me down, and I kept reflexively pressing
    'Z' for the 'Alt' key.

2) I was annoyed at not having the touchpad. I've said this before, but if the Passport allowed some sort of 'select' function from the keyboard itself, it would be almost perfect. Having to touch the screen all the time is annoying.

3) Talking about touching the screen: the size of the Passport screen was both great and annoying. Having to make slight grip adjustments so I could reach all corners of the screen when using the phone single-handed got annoying.

None of this is new, of course. People on Crackberry have been saying the same things since these phones were released. I just got a chance to experience it for myself.

Basically, the Classic and Passport are similar but different. The Classic will suit people who use their phones for content creation mostly, though it can be used for content consumption. You can bang out email after email on this thing with no fatigue. You can also edit docs quickly. The Passport is also pretty efficient at content creation, but not as much as the Classic. I get thumb fatigue faster when using the Passport keyboard. The Passport is way better for content consumption, of course.

I'll keep them both.
    10-25-15 10:54 AM
    I find I grab my Classic more than my iPhone 6. And the Classic clearly brings me more joy.

I desperately wish BlackBerry had built it with better specs. When running Android apps you can see the machine grind.

But I've discovered that 90% of what I need is native. And the Classic certainly delivers.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 01:41 PM
    I'm 35 and I'm all about classic. Classic fashion style, classic movies, classic cars. Blackberry Classic Don't own any classic cars though. Haha. THAT would be nice. People said I should have been born in the 50s/60s.

I'm not really into having the "latest and greatest" tech so the Classic suits me just fine. I've recently had people who used Blackberries in the past ask me if they could try my Classic. Guess it's nostalgia for them to type on a keyboard. Several commented on how sturdy it felt and how the keyboard felt great typing. Also on how fast it was compared to the "Blackberries of old, where you could make Blackberry molasses it was so slow."

If it works, why change it? Same with my fashion sense. Sharp looking suit, nice cufflinks, and a simple tie and minimalist pocket square. No need to be loud or stand out. It's no wonder this fashion has stayed tried and true over the decades.

Anyways, I'm digressing from the topic. I hope John Chen releases a "Classic 2" or whatever down the road. Keep it simple but upgraded. Everyone has different needs for a device.

Posted via CB10
    Great! You written my things.
    10-25-15 02:01 PM
30 12