(I'm not! I really like new tech items, and I like tinkering with them.)

When the Passport and Classic were announced, I chose to buy the Passport because of the great specs and the cool touch-sensitive keyboard. It quickly supplanted my Q10, and I've had no regrets about buying it.

I couldn't see the point in buying the Classic, given that its specs were the same as the Q10 for all intents and purposes. Still, I did like the toolbelt on my Bold 9900, so I wondered how it would work on the Classic.

Well, I'm wondering no more. I recently picked up the Classic, and at the risk of getting myself labeled as a tech dino, I have to say I really like it.....maybe even more than my Passport!

I'm still re-learning how to use the smaller keyboard, but the use of the toolbelt has been seamless, and I really enjoy the control it offers me. For my use (mostly emails and other communication) this setup is close to perfect----- just like an updated 9900.

If this phone had a little more oomph under the hood, I'd not miss my Passport at all. Even though it is under-powered, it is still very usable. I know that we're never going to see an updated Classic, and that's a shame!

Still, if liking the touchpad and toolbelt makes me dated, well, I'll accept that! And the keyboard is great too! I love being able to use my phone single-handed.

I love this phone!
    10-05-15 01:14 PM
    Not at all, I sold my passport for a Classic and never looked back now I have two of them. Black and blue as my daily. I say good choice, it's a clean, simple and functional phone that's not over sized and is brilliant to type on. Never did get used to the passport keyboard
    10-05-15 01:25 PM
    Not at all, I sold my passport for a Classic and never looked back now I have two of them. Black and blue as my daily. I say good choice, it's a clean, simple and functional phone that's not over sized and is brilliant to type on. Never did get used to the passport keyboard
    Velkod, I've been thinking of getting the Classic to replace my Passport for the reams in your post and the one above it. I miss the one hand use of my very old Curve. My question is do you think there is a typing difference between the Black version and the Blue. Several posters have indicated the Blue seems to have a better typing experience than the Black.
    What is your opinion on this?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-05-15 01:33 PM
    Nothing "dino" about it! BB's optical trackpad is NEWer tech than touch HMI. Tool belt is efficient tech. Period. The future that SHOULD be... Assuming "Apple washed" consumers ever "wake up"... lol. Welcome home!
    10-05-15 02:01 PM
    Ah, another Passport gone Classic story, I love it! Mainly because I'm one of them! But at the same time, everytime I pass by my Passport at home sitting on the table being charged, I can't help but feel the urge to pick it up again. Classic is just so classic though. Be interesting to see how the age demographic of Classic and Passport users compare though!

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    10-05-15 02:15 PM
    Nothing "dino" about it! BB's optical trackpad is NEWer tech than touch HMI. Tool belt is efficient tech. Period. The future that SHOULD be... Assuming "Apple washed" consumers ever "wake up"... lol. Welcome home!
    Sometimes, what's old is new again, so to speak! It's like driving a manual versus an automatic. Some people swear by the manual for the pure experience and control of it. The way I see it, the physical keyboard is a manual transmission, and the virtual keyboard is the automatic! Both work, but suit different tastes!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 02:17 PM
    Velkod, I've been thinking of getting the Classic to replace my Passport for the reams in your post and the one above it. I miss the one hand use of my very old Curve. My question is do you think there is a typing difference between the Black version and the Blue. Several posters have indicated the Blue seems to have a better typing experience than the Black.
    What is your opinion on this?

Blue doesn't seem to show any hint of the double typing issue that has plagued the keyboard user. Aesthetically gorgeous phone and works great. Top lock button is almost flush with the frame and doesn't have a distinct click as my black one but, that's the only distinguishable features I can point out
    Smokeaire likes this.
    10-05-15 03:08 PM
    Blue doesn't seem to show any hint of the double typing issue that has plagued the keyboard user. Aesthetically gorgeous phone and works great. Top lock button is almost flush with the frame and doesn't have a distinct click as my black one but, that's the only distinguishable features I can point out
    Thanks for the reply. Like I wrote there were several people who have both Classics and felt that the Blue keyboard felt better than the Black one.
    I love the Passport but I do get a bit tired of having to dedicate both hands to do almost anything on it.

velkod likes this.
    10-05-15 04:05 PM
    I concur with the op. For the last couple of years, I bounced between iphone and z10 but have not looked back since I got the classic. I use this phone until it stops working! I love it!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 04:09 PM
    Nothing beats the typing experience on the Classic that's for sure. Email is amazing and I'm rarely looking at the keyboard anymore. It's seamless.

If we could get the social media applications up to par with the rest of the market it would be a killer.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 04:36 PM
    Nothing beats the typing experience on the Classic that's for sure. Email is amazing and I'm rarely looking at the keyboard anymore. It's seamless.

If we could get the social media applications up to par with the rest of the market it would be a killer.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. This may be bad to say but I text and drive more safely now with my classic then any other phone. Keep my eyes on the road the whole time hahahah
    10-05-15 04:42 PM
    Exactly. This may be bad to say but I text and drive more safely now with my classic then any other phone. Keep my eyes on the road the whole time hahahah
    You are right about one thing only--this is bad and I hope you get caught and fined.
    thinkinfinity likes this.
    10-05-15 05:02 PM
    Sometimes, what's old is new again, so to speak! It's like driving a manual versus an automatic. Some people swear by the manual for the pure experience and control of it. The way I see it, the physical keyboard is a manual transmission, and the virtual keyboard is the automatic! Both work, but suit different tastes!

Posted via CB10
    Yep, Honda's "Hondamatic" might have seemed attractive to some novice riders, for example, but it didn't take long before the concept's control limitations became frustrating as riding skills developed. "Glass control" might seem "novice friendly" until user skills start creating demand for responsive precision. Sooner or later it just might dawn on at least a few that 1/4" movement on a trackpad can replace 3" movement on a touchscreen, All using a single hand. PKB's tactile feedback can reduce the number of hands and eyes required to communicate. I frequently end a call on my Classic by feel, without looking, before returning it to holster. Something that could prove disastrous with my old Q10... or even PassPort.
    10-05-15 05:12 PM
    Haha, I'm the same OP. Think of myself as a techie, but liking this phone so much seems to contradict that in the eyes of anyone that sees me using it. They usually have a look of horror on their faces. Lol.
    It truly makes life easier for me. I often finding myself doing work on this that I probably should be doing on a computer, but the thoughts come, I grab the phone and the next thing I know it's all completed on the Classic.
    Sweet machine.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 05:14 PM
    You are right about one thing only--this is bad and I hope you get caught and fined.
    Oh shut up
    10-05-15 05:20 PM
    my fav thing about the toolbar is when I minimize to the active frames and can just press the "back" key to close it instead of reaching up off the keyboard to the "x"
    velkod likes this.
    10-05-15 05:38 PM
    I'm 35 and I'm all about classic. Classic fashion style, classic movies, classic cars. Blackberry Classic Don't own any classic cars though. Haha. THAT would be nice. People said I should have been born in the 50s/60s.

I'm not really into having the "latest and greatest" tech so the Classic suits me just fine. I've recently had people who used Blackberries in the past ask me if they could try my Classic. Guess it's nostalgia for them to type on a keyboard. Several commented on how sturdy it felt and how the keyboard felt great typing. Also on how fast it was compared to the "Blackberries of old, where you could make Blackberry molasses it was so slow."

If it works, why change it? Same with my fashion sense. Sharp looking suit, nice cufflinks, and a simple tie and minimalist pocket square. No need to be loud or stand out. It's no wonder this fashion has stayed tried and true over the decades.

Anyways, I'm digressing from the topic. I hope John Chen releases a "Classic 2" or whatever down the road. Keep it simple but upgraded. Everyone has different needs for a device.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9697770) likes this.
    10-05-15 06:27 PM
    Crackberry-Saurus Rex, guilty as charged. While I'll admit that I was not a fan of the spinning clock, or the occasional call-mute issue, or the frequent battery pulls associated with my previous Bold 9930. I did love the form factor and keyboard. After a two year love affair with a few android devices (which I like very much for several reasons). This little surprise unit came out of nowhere and knocked me back. I've been rockin' a Classic since early January and have been a happy camper ever since.

Now, not being able to resist the temptation. I also picked up an AT&T Passport some months ago. What and amazing device this is. I don't understand how anyone could not see the true innovation of that keyboard. Anyway, I use my classic as my go to device. It's form factor and one handed ease of use make it a great tool for my job in sales. The Passport runs off the Classic's hot spot for when I need a larger screen and sharper picture. I love using both on a daily basis. I am hopeful that Blackberry will improve on the Classic, spec-wise.

Of course while there are sleeker and powerful devices on the market. I am very content with BB10 . However, I will echo my fellow Crackberrians sentiments. Blackberry might not need a million apps. At least make the ones offered flawless and robust. Seriously, I have no issues on being "Classic" or "Working Wide". Why not (in your case) "Think Smart" or "Be Great".
    10-05-15 06:45 PM
    I'm 35 and I'm all about classic. Classic fashion style, classic movies, classic cars. Blackberry Classic Don't own any classic cars though. Haha. THAT would be nice. People said I should have been born in the 50s/60s.

I'm not really into having the "latest and greatest" tech so the Classic suits me just fine. I've recently had people who used Blackberries in the past ask me if they could try my Classic. Guess it's nostalgia for them to type on a keyboard. Several commented on how sturdy it felt and how the keyboard felt great typing. Also on how fast it was compared to the "Blackberries of old, where you could make Blackberry molasses it was so slow."

If it works, why change it? Same with my fashion sense. Sharp looking suit, nice cufflinks, and a simple tie and minimalist pocket square. No need to be loud or stand out. It's no wonder this fashion has stayed tried and true over the decades.

Anyways, I'm digressing from the topic. I hope John Chen releases a "Classic 2" or whatever down the road. Keep it simple but upgraded. Everyone has different needs for a device.

Posted via CB10
    There's a reason then that they called this phone the Classic. Actually, reading these comments about made me think of that promo video BlackBerry made about what is classic: high quality, timeless, never going out of style...

Watch this video and you'll see what I mean. I'm sure many of you have seen this already but for those of you that haven't, enjoy...
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=x13t8svs6W8

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 09:11 PM
    (I'm not! I really like new tech items, and I like tinkering with them.)

When the Passport and Classic were announced, I chose to buy the Passport because of the great specs and the cool touch-sensitive keyboard. It quickly supplanted my Q10, and I've had no regrets about buying it.

I couldn't see the point in buying the Classic, given that its specs were the same as the Q10 for all intents and purposes. Still, I did like the toolbelt on my Bold 9900, so I wondered how it would work on the Classic.

Well, I'm wondering no more. I recently picked up the Classic, and at the risk of getting myself labeled as a tech dino, I have to say I really like it.....maybe even more than my Passport!

I'm still re-learning how to use the smaller keyboard, but the use of the toolbelt has been seamless, and I really enjoy the control it offers me. For my use (mostly emails and other communication) this setup is close to perfect----- just like an updated 9900.

If this phone had a little more oomph under the hood, I'd not miss my Passport at all. Even though it is under-powered, it is still very usable. I know that we're never going to see an updated Classic, and that's a shame!

Still, if liking the touchpad and toolbelt makes me dated, well, I'll accept that! And the keyboard is great too! I love being able to use my phone single-handed.

I love this phone!
    Lol! I still use a 9900 for work, play CDs via tube amp, and tell time on my automatic wristwatch. What does that make me?

*C5303
    10-05-15 09:25 PM
    You ain't alone OP.

I bought the PP on release, and then picked up a Classic on launch too. Returned the Classic the next day. Couldn't stand it. Even bashed it a bit on the forums.
    Don't know what came over me, but I picked up a Classic again a month ago and am enjoying it more so then the Passport. So much so that I have even put my PP up for sale. Haven't even touched it since I switched.
    Typing, talking, holding, etc just feels more comfortable on the Classic!
    Maybe I am just a ***** with phones, but I am quite enjoying the Classic and intend on using it until the Priv comes out and see how I like that. Either way, I will hold onto the Classic as a back up phone at least.

Posted via the BlackBerry Classic
    10-05-15 09:39 PM
    The more you use it the more profession you will become. Master the short cuts and improve your speed.

I still think the 9900 is a faster typing device. But the Classic is pretty damn good

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 11:19 PM
    There's a reason then that they called this phone the Classic. Actually, reading these comments about made me think of that promo video BlackBerry made about what is classic: high quality, timeless, never going out of style...

Watch this video and you'll see what I mean. I'm sure many of you have seen this already but for those of you that haven't, enjoy...
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=x13t8svs6W8

Posted via CB10
    Where was THAT ad last super bowl? Does BB even have a marketing department any more?
    10-06-15 09:13 AM
    Where was THAT ad last super bowl? Does BB even have a marketing department any more?
    I second your thoughts. BlackBerry has some good videos on YouTube but we never see them anywhere else but on the Internet.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 10:03 AM
    The more I use this phone the more I like it (as you all predicted). The size is 'just right'. I don't seem to miss the screen real estate of the Passport, and it feels so much more natural in my hand and my pocket.

The touchpad and toolbelt are really intuitive and useful, and I just seem to have adjusted to them intuitively.

Some people may really want all-touch BlackBerry phones, but I doubt I'll ever take to an all-touch interface.

Now I have to decide if I want to keep both the Passport and the Classic. I feel bad for the phone that's not being used.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk 2
    10-06-15 01:26 PM
30 12