Im currently using BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition its powerful if ur gonna compare it with the Classic though before pkb is my gripe about the passport but I discovered that the pkb of SE is more good comparing with OG version, but I miss my Classic the form factor and the alt key
    (specially here in crackberry). The only issue I do have with the classic is that its way too sluggish to my liking. specially when im using spotify (the only android app im using on my classic). there are times that it freezes on the blackberry logo when u restarts it. that u need to long press the power button just to shut it down. I just said the few issues but overall its a laggy device. minus the lag its a perfect handy device. given a chance I might purchase another classic as a back up phone..

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 09:43 PM
    It's a shame that BlackBerry stuck to a two year old chipset when they released the Classic. Both in that it isn't really an upgrade for early BB10 users and that it had to be EOL due to lack of old parts to build it.

When I used my Z10 I really didn't notice any sluggishness... but after owning a newer modern device and going back to the Z10, it is apparent that BB10 does benefit from better hardware (like most all OS).
    06-08-16 07:20 AM
    It's a shame that BlackBerry stuck to a two year old chipset when they released the Classic. Both in that it isn't really an upgrade for early BB10 users and that it had to be EOL due to lack of old parts to build it.

When I used my Z10 I really didn't notice any sluggishness... but after owning a newer modern device and going back to the Z10, it is apparent that BB10 does benefit from better hardware (like most all OS).
    yeah it really sucks.. the form factor the pkb was great but its sluggish.. my passport right now is not laggy if ur gonna compare it with my classic and I add additional android app grabtaxi and waze togethet with my mainstay spotify..

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 08:01 AM
    Even using the Z30 CPU and GPU would have greatly helped the Classic....
    jas1978 likes this.
    06-08-16 08:36 AM
    Exactly

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 08:56 AM
    I learned to love my passport silver edition because I can maximize the use of apps such as docs to go. Even my sister ask me why my fone is so wide. I showed her the excel and pdf files that I have. then she appreciates it all of a sudden and she right now kinda likes my fone. overall people should check the unit out before they criticize the passport..

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 09:12 AM
    I have both passport and classic. Passport is too large for everyday usage. I prefer the classic it's very ergonomic. With my classic, I can order a pizza in less than 2 seconds while the passport I have to put down my beer, ready two hands for use, maybe drop the phone because of its size and get angry for shattering the glass and then realize why not just use my ipad if I need such a large screen.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by B Louang; 06-08-16 at 12:09 PM.
    06-08-16 11:35 AM
    Lmfao

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    andy957 likes this.
    06-08-16 06:24 PM
    I have both passport and classic. Passport is too large for everyday usage. I prefer the classic it's very ergonomic. With my classic, I can order a pizza in less than 2 seconds while the passport I have to put down my beer, ready two hands for use, maybe drop the phone because of its size and get angry for shattering the glass and then realize why not just use my ipad if I need such a large screen.

Posted via CB10
    I would be angry about having to put down my beer as well. That is why it is best to order the pizza between beers.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 09:36 PM
    I concur with the Classic and it's spec's. I personally don't have any issues myself since I went from a 9900 to a Q10 and then a Classic.

If I had ever owned a Passport or something than I guess I would be more aware of it.

I still would like to know if the reason for the spec's was a massive availability of parts from the fairly subpar Q10 sales or if it was an opportunity to grab existing parts in the supply chain for next to nothing and then get Foxconn to make the device as cheap as possible to ensure a profitable run.

Also just a quick question regarding the EOL of the phone. Has this been officially confirmed yet? I do recall John Chen talking about how it's harder for them to source the available parts in order to continue to make them at respectable volumes. If the device has indeed been EOL's than its interesting that the Shopblackberry.com price hasn't really gone down much. Still $499 in Canada. At that price the phone better be turning some profits

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 11:29 PM
    I concur with the Classic and it's spec's. I personally don't have any issues myself since I went from a 9900 to a Q10 and then a Classic.

If I had ever owned a Passport or something than I guess I would be more aware of it.

I still would like to know if the reason for the spec's was a massive availability of parts from the fairly subpar Q10 sales or if it was an opportunity to grab existing parts in the supply chain for next to nothing and then get Foxconn to make the device as cheap as possible to ensure a profitable run.

Also just a quick question regarding the EOL of the phone. Has this been officially confirmed yet? I do recall John Chen talking about how it's harder for them to source the available parts in order to continue to make them at respectable volumes. If the device has indeed been EOL's than its interesting that the Shopblackberry.com price hasn't really gone down much. Still $499 in Canada. At that price the phone better be turning some profits

Posted via CB10
    IF is not the term they already discontinued making the device they were just cleaning the storage. why they the price is still that high? I really dont know maybe one reason is the form factor. This the most advance "blackberrish" device that u can have. Passport is not on the same level. Dont just look at the price u have to ask urself my blackberry discontinued making classic

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 11:42 PM
    For spotify check the spotifycachefolder. Had two of them of my phone wich made spotify slugish like hell. Much better now since I deleted the old folder.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 12:34 PM
    For spotify check the spotifycachefolder. Had two of them of my phone wich made spotify slugish like hell. Much better now since I deleted the old folder.

Posted via CB10
    im already on my passport SE.. I never encountered the issues that I had on my classic. no lag at all

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 09:21 PM
    I concur with all of the above. I love both my Z30 and Classic. The latter device's PKB and overall size and design are its strongest attributes. As a Z30 owner happy with its best speakers and VKB in any smartphone, I know how pitifully laggy the Classic is.

I really cannot understand BlackBerry. They ought to realize they'd have a hit in their hands if they released a Classic 2 with Passport or even Z30 hardware under the hood. They're too focused on the enterprise and pleasing Google to appreciate what consumers are looking for in a combo of a productivity-centric OS and high-end hardware to handle Android apps.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    06-16-16 09:52 PM
    I concur with all of the above. I love both my Z30 and Classic. The latter device's PKB and overall size and design are its strongest attributes. As a Z30 owner happy with its best speakers and VKB in any smartphone, I know how pitifully laggy the Classic is.

I really cannot understand BlackBerry. They ought to realize they'd have a hit in their hands if they released a Classic 2 with Passport or even Z30 hardware under the hood. They're too focused on the enterprise and pleasing Google to appreciate what consumers are looking for in a combo of a productivity-centric OS and high-end hardware to handle Android apps.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    Classic with a passport specs is a beast.. it sucks that I was quickly fed up by the sluggishness of classic. its understandable that classic is just an aesthetics upgrade of the q10. Form factor pkb il go with the classic but with the current situation of my passport se. I learned to love the pkb. ul need more time to adjust coming from q10 and classic the I like the pkb some of my frequently used words are just a swipe a way but overall classic is ur best possible blackberry experience that! you can have

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 10:06 PM