Just wanted to thank everyone who helped me decide to upgrade from my Sprint BlackBerry Q10 to my new BlackBerry Classic for AT&T... I love it... the screen and keyboard is better and love the screen size... Thanks again... I appreciate the help...

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 01:30 PM
    I'm really pleased you like the device. It is a fantastic upgrade to the Q10 but I understand your original apprehension with the Q10 still being such a well loved device.

The keypad of the Classic is just gorgeous, right?

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 01:35 PM
    I'm really pleased you like the device. It is a fantastic upgrade to the Q10 but I understand your original apprehension with the Q10 still being such a well loved device.

The keypad of the Classic is just gorgeous, right?

Posted via CB10
    It sure is man... less room for making an era... great feel to it too

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 03:04 PM
    The Classic is sexy... I too am in love.. When BB10 1st exposed itself to consumers I tried a few devices the Q10 the Z30 the Q5. I wanted to love them and I tried with all my might to embrace them, but none of them were enough to take a firm hold... Each time I reverted back to my 9900 while experimenting with other platforms as a secondary on my other line, seeking that perfect device... Finally the Classic debuts... It was love at first type... Now the "other platforms' are no longer needed, my Classic as my daily driver, the 9900 as its' companion... Lone Ranger and Tonto... Beast mode... The End!

Only things I'd be happy to see improved are:

1.) Removable Battery (My Classic has excellent battery, pulling down 24hrs+ with average use, but I like knowing I have the option to replace as well as enjoy carrying a spare)
    2.) Improved Camera (This one is just average at best, not awful, but not magnificent.)
    3.) A More Modern Processor (Specs aren't everything, the device has more than enough pep for me, but it would be nice to have the power of the Passport behind the toolbelt, mainly so that the specs are no longer the focus of the naysayers out there...)
    4.) NOT MADE by Foxconn... HATE the BlackBerry Foxconn partnership... The cheapness shows and is felt in subtle, but obvious ways... (CHARGER, I'm looking at you... And not since the iPhone has so much cheap adhesive been applied to a device...) Plus they are a vile corporation with no regard for the ecosystem/environment nor human rights... Morally despicable, glorified sweat shop...

Otherwise I am happy...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 06-19-15 at 05:28 PM. Reason: typo
    donemt and boilerkim like this.
    06-19-15 03:10 PM
    The Classic is sexy... I too am in love.. When BB10 1st exposed itself to consumers I tried a few devices the Q10 the Z30 the Q5. I wanted to love them and I tried with all my might to embrace them, but none of them were enough to take a firm hold... Each time I reverted back to my 9900 while experimenting with other platforms as a secondary on my other line, seeking that perfect device... Finally the Classic debuts... It was love at first type... Now the "other platforms' are no longer needed, my Classic as my daily driver, the 9900 as it's companion... Lone Ranger and Tonto... Beast mode... The End!

Only things I'd be happy to see improved are:

1.) Removable Battery (My Classic has excellent battery, pulling down 24hrs+ with average use, but I like knowing I have the option to replace as well as enjoy carrying a spare)
    2.) Improved Camera (This one is just average at best, not awful, but not magnificent.)
    3.) A More Modern Processor (Specs aren't everything, the device has more than enough pep for me, but it would be nice to have the power of the Passport behind the toolbelt, mainly so that the specs are no longer the focus of the naysayers out there...)
    4.) NOT MADE my Foxconn... HATE the BlackBerry Foxconn partnership... The cheapness shows and is felt in subtle, but obvious ways... (CHARGER, I'm looking at you... And not since the iPhone has so much cheap adhesive been applied to a device...) Plus they are a vile corporation with no regard for the ecosystem/environment nor human rights... Morally despicable, glorified sweat shop...

Otherwise I am happy...

Posted via CB10
    Very great and valid points... but my phone actually feels sturdy and well made... no cheapness feel to me.. but I do agree with the other 3 improvements... like you said specs are not everything especially if the OS is made the proper way but if this phone had the specs the passport had it would kill and get way more sells IMO

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and CivilDissident like this.
    06-19-15 04:36 PM
    It sure is man... less room for making an era... great feel to it too

Posted via CB10
    I can't help but point out the irony here, "era"... lolz

Posted via CB10
    miguel11691 and anon6040766 like this.
    06-19-15 05:06 PM
    I can't help but point out the irony here, "era"... lolz

Posted via CB10
    Lmao hey man... sorry I'm from NY lol... error on my part lol

Posted via CB10
    NikoB82 likes this.
    06-19-15 05:10 PM
    Yes, I hope they carry on making BlackBerry 10 with tool belt i.e classic 2 with beefier specs.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-19-15 05:19 PM
    Yes, I hope they carry on making BlackBerry 10 with tool belt i.e classic 2 with beefier specs.

Same here I have had mine for a couple weeks now and loving it, next version should have bigger battery and longer screen but same width, and please keep toolbelt, so convenient to navigate phone with Toolbelt.

Posted from my Tmobile ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.798
    06-19-15 06:37 PM
    Same here I have had mine for a couple weeks now and loving it, next version should have bigger battery and longer screen but same width, and please keep toolbelt, so convenient to navigate phone with Toolbelt.

Posted from my Tmobile ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.798
    The way it is, form factor wise, is perfect. They just need to pack more in. Camera, ram, storage. I don't mind paying the passport price if the specs are the same.

domex and CivilDissident like this.
    06-19-15 07:24 PM
    Welcome to the club. The classic is a nice upgrade from the Q10. I know I have no regrets and it's so nice to have the trackpad back keeps my screen clean. That and I love smashing that end key when hanging up on people lol

Posted via CB10
    boilerkim and CivilDissident like this.
    06-19-15 07:50 PM
    Welcome to the club. The classic is a nice upgrade from the Q10. I know I have no regrets and it's so nice to have the trackpad back keeps my screen clean. That and I love smashing that end key when hanging up on people lol

Posted via CB10
    Lmfao great way to hang up the phone on people... I'm not regretting it one bit neither... I'm loving it and the battery is great...

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 09:35 PM
    The way it is, form factor wise, is perfect. They just need to pack more in. Camera, ram, storage. I don't mind paying the passport price if the specs are the same.

I know exactly what you mean... let's see what the future holds for BlackBerry... hopefully more OS goodness and a even better Classic... hopefully no android OS...

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 09:36 PM
    I love mine too! Just got it Friday! I got the unlocked version on Amazon. Im using it on att

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 06:20 PM
    Welcome to the club... Enjoy the phone like I am... why did u get the unlocked version over the at&t version if you don't mind me asking...

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 06:49 PM
    Yes, welcome to the Classic. The longer you have it the more you will love it.

Never thought I would like the Classic better than the 9900.

This phone rocks with the 840 OS

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 06:50 PM
    I love mine too! Just got it Friday! I got the unlocked version on Amazon. Im using it on att

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to the club... Enjoy the phone like I am... why did u get the unlocked version over the at&t version if you don't mind me asking...

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 06:53 PM
    Yes, welcome to the Classic. The longer you have it the more you will love it.

Never thought I would like the Classic better than the 9900.

This phone rocks with the 840 OS

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried the 2204 os... it works great... or are you just sticking to official releases?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 06:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well I could have used my upgrade with my att account, but my family's account is grandfathered in so it would have changed our bill a lot. We pay a lot because we have a small business. I was thinking about paying full price for the att version, but it was more expensive because of the wireless charging and personal I don't need it.

Posted via CB10
    miguel11691 likes this.
    06-21-15 07:33 PM
    Well I could have used my upgrade with my att account, but my family's account is grandfathered in so it would have changed our bill a lot. We pay a lot because we have a small business. I was thinking about paying full price for the att version, but it was more expensive because of the wireless charging and personal I don't need it.

Posted via CB10
    Oh ok... sounds good... any dislikes yet? I haven't found any... I even like the damn GPS navigation that came with the phone lol

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 08:16 PM
    I'm having problems sending and receiving picture messages. Otherwise then that everything is great! I like gps too surprisingly lol

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 08:34 PM
    Congrats on getting the Classic! One of us! One of us!

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 09:07 PM
    Have you tried the 2204 os... it works great... or are you just sticking to official releases?

Posted via CB10
    I was going to load 2204 core over the top later this week when I have more time. I want to make sure I have enough time in case something goes wrong.

How is 2204?

It is a big change from the loaded OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 10:00 PM
    I was going to load 2204 core over the top later this week when I have more time. I want to make sure I have enough time in case something goes wrong.

How is 2204?

it works great for me... no issues and runs buttery smooth for me... i did autoloader tho... so its a fresh install to avoid any issues

It is a big change from the loaded OS.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-21-15 11:26 PM
    I'm having problems sending and receiving picture messages. Otherwise then that everything is great! I like gps too surprisingly lol

Posted via CB10
    could be your apn settings.. check that out since it is an unlocked version you know... if you need any help you can bbm me...
    2C0C135E
    Cameo Gonzales1 likes this.
    06-21-15 11:28 PM
33 12