So I saw a BB Classic in a T-Mobile store and I absolutely loved it ! The OS was smooth and Fluid. The keyboard felt like a Gift. The screen was big enough for most stuff.

I use an Android phone right now so I have my apps - Snapchat, Google Maps, FB Messenger, Yelp, Spotify, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
    Whatsapp

I know i can't get the best experience for all of these in a BB classic so i am thinking about spending $530 ($320 on Classic + $200 on iPod Touch) use a mobile hotspot for Snapchat, Google Maps, Spotify...basically all media on the iPod and use the Classic just a communication tool for chat, email, calls.

Did anyone do this ? Does it make any sense ?
    jeanholton1 and mac_berrymore like this.
    12-06-15 08:55 PM
    Excellent idea, bro. Go ahead and do it.
    jeanholton1 likes this.
    12-06-15 09:14 PM
    if you already have another android phone, why do you still plan to spend the money on an iPod? i am just a little confused.
    12-06-15 09:45 PM
    if you already have another android phone, why do you still plan to spend the money on an iPod? i am just a little confused.
    I screwed the screen for my Moto G and now i use a LG Leon with a ****ty screen. Do you think I should just get the Classic then ?
    12-06-15 09:49 PM
    I screwed the screen for my Moto G and now i use a LG Leon with a ****ty screen. Do you think I should just get the Classic then ?
    I'd say hold off on getting the Ipod. At least for a couple days.

That way you can put all your android apps onto your classic(using the android runtime), and test out how well you like them when they run on the classic.
    If you don't like the way they appear on the square screen, then go for your ipod.

Posted via CB10
    chats90 likes this.
    12-06-15 11:36 PM
    My Classic combined with my iPad Mini works really well. BlackBerry covers my communication needs and the iPad covers any media needs my BlackBerry can't handle.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 12:03 AM
    Get the BlackBerry Classic you will not be sorry!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 12:07 AM
    I had a the i5 and went to the classic so now my iPhone is basically a iPod. I think it's a good idea because the BlackBerry does slip in a few areas.
    12-07-15 12:37 AM
    I've gotten the last three generations of the iPod touch to use alongside my BlackBerrys.

They perfect complements to BlackBerry, and with iOS and BlackBerry, you have the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 01:09 AM
    An iPhone or ipod will be a good companion to Classic for your app needs should you need them. I hate to burst your bubble,I think Snapchat only works with an iPhone sadly..

Posted via -ist at heart
    12-07-15 05:28 AM
    I have an Android tablet for games and non essentials.

Posted via Classic
    12-07-15 05:37 PM
    I'm not the only one using ipt then but with a Q5. I think I have more apps on my BlackBerry but the ipod is a nice size all touch that fits with the Q5 in the same holster. It's thin so I put it in the credit card part of the holster

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 06:15 PM
    How about an iPad mini...same concept, but added bonus of a different form factor. I keep my passport, iPad air, and lenovo laptop nearby at all times....each one is best at another thing

I think you can get an iPad mini for 199 at most the retailers

To me, that would make more sense than the ipod

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 06:19 PM
    What about a Passport?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 08:52 PM
    The keyboard on the classic is probably easier for one handed use.

The passport has a bigger screen, makes reading news, I browsing reddit, using cb10 a lot easier on the eyes.

The classic has the alt key that many will miss if they're use to it.

I still think a tablet makes more sense than a ipod

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 07:12 AM
    An iPhone or ipod will be a good companion to Classic for your app needs should you need them. I hate to burst your bubble,I think Snapchat only works with an iPhone sadly..

Posted via -ist at heart
    so it wont work on an ipod ??
    12-10-15 12:24 AM
    I'm not the only one using ipt then but with a Q5. I think I have more apps on my BlackBerry but the ipod is a nice size all touch that fits with the Q5 in the same holster. It's thin so I put it in the credit card part of the holster

Posted via CB10
    atleast you probably dont complain about your phones battery life !
    12-10-15 12:25 AM
    How about an iPad mini...same concept, but added bonus of a different form factor. I keep my passport, iPad air, and lenovo laptop nearby at all times....each one is best at another thing

I think you can get an iPad mini for 199 at most the retailers

To me, that would make more sense than the ipod

Posted via CB10
    I want to use iPod because it can go in my pocket; Google Maps, Spotify, Snapchat (if possible), casual games via mobile hotspot and saves my phone for communication and phone calls.
    12-10-15 12:27 AM
    What about a Passport?

Posted via CB10
    Definitely need Snapchat ! It's the only social network I use extensively.
    12-10-15 12:28 AM
    You can't get snap chat and you will have to use an older version of messenger for Facebook for it to work

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 02:53 AM
    I will you what, when I touched it and played with it in the store it felt fast, snappy and i felt right at home with the OS and I have never used a BB 10 device !! At $327 it still feels too expensive because one can buy a Nexus 5X 16 Gb currently for $330.

I feel a little bit sad that one of the best phone companies in the world just can't cross their own barriers and integrate a great software experience with the amazing hardware experience they have the capability to create. If only I had the chance to something...
    12-10-15 12:08 PM
    Hi,

I had the same idea but instead of using an iPod i wanted to use an iPhone ( 4S or even 5) only for specifics apps like offline maps ( sygic gps navigation) and banking apps. But then I realized I 'd have to walk around with 2 devices... hum still thinking on it. So to me it surely make sense !!
    Avenzuno likes this.
    12-10-15 01:00 PM
    Hi,

I had the same idea but instead of using an iPod i wanted to use an iPhone ( 4S or even 5) only for specifics apps like offline maps ( sygic gps navigation) and banking apps. But then I realized I 'd have to walk around with 2 devices... hum still thinking on it. So to me it surely make sense !!
    I don't think you'll have to carry both devices at the same time. How often do you do banking on your phone? Do you use navigation after work is done? You already know that your main phone is going to be with you. Look at your second device as an option that's available to you when you want it to

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 03:02 PM
    I just picked up the Cobalt version of the Classic for 299. Great deal, gorgeous device and keyboard is nutty goodness. My mobile phone usage is primarily email, BBM, txt, calendar and calls. Some news, family FaceBook here and there and CB. My Z10, Z30, Passport and now Classic do all of this phenomenally well. I have several Samsung Tab Pro for the family, entertainment and longer reading spells. I can buy whatever mobile device I want and I continually choose BlackBerry 10. Here's hoping Microsoft's universal app idea for any device takes off! I believe BlackBerry 10 would be well positioned.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    12-11-15 01:05 AM
    @zodmode247

A time ago when I had my iPhone, it saved me often because of the offline navigation and really needed this for my daily work. Sometimes the dedicated gps ( tomtom) cannot find a street and so I pick-up the iPhone to find where I have to go. Banking app is not used frequently that's right but it happens when I quickly need to check something I just use the Iphone; here it's not how often it needed but more to be sure to get the information when I need it.
    12-11-15 09:09 AM
37 12