Hi,

I'm coming to the end of my two year contract with AT&T. I currently have a Q10 and I'm trying to decide between the Classic and the iPhone6. I've been a Blackberry user since the beginning and always favored the keyboard.

My biggest issues with the the Q10 are 1) the double typing (which has become quite frequent) and 2) how hot the phone gets (use it for work almost the entire train ride home - about 45 minutes. It gets pretty hot.

Has anyone experienced these issues with the Classic?

Also, is anyone who switched to the Classic missing the auto-suggested words? It looks like the Classic took that feature away.

Thanks for your help!
    Jesse
    03-31-15 12:24 PM
    Do yourself a favour and get the Passport, it blows them other ones of the page.
    03-31-15 12:32 PM
    Funny enough, I was coming to post a similar message and saw this one at the top.

Although I am also considering an iPhone in May when i am due for an upgrade, my question about the Classic is simply: Is it more stable than the Q10?

I rely on my phone a lot through the day and I find the Q10 requires reboots to regain full functionality more frequently than any phone I've ever used (and much more than my iPad, hence the thought of switching to Apple after a long time with BB). Beyond the phone itself not functioning as reliably as I'd want, I find that the phone and Blackberry Link are in a constant state of dispute over how much storage I have, which make backups tedious at best and often impossible.

All of that said, I quite enjoy the keyboard and the classic shape. I also like BB10 quite a lot and am looking forward to a wider array of apps with 10.3 (I currently have Verizon and still have 10.2). So, I would be more apt to stay with blackberry if it seemed that the Classic simply held up to heavy use better than the Q10.
    03-31-15 01:03 PM
    Funny enough, I was coming to post a similar message and saw this one at the top.

Although I am also considering an iPhone in May when i am due for an upgrade, my question about the Classic is simply: Is it more stable than the Q10?

I rely on my phone a lot through the day and I find the Q10 requires reboots to regain full functionality more frequently than any phone I've ever used (and much more than my iPad, hence the thought of switching to Apple after a long time with BB). Beyond the phone itself not functioning as reliably as I'd want, I find that the phone and Blackberry Link are in a constant state of dispute over how much storage I have, which make backups tedious at best and often impossible.

All of that said, I quite enjoy the keyboard and the classic shape. I also like BB10 quite a lot and am looking forward to a wider array of apps with 10.3 (I currently have Verizon and still have 10.2). So, I would be more apt to stay with blackberry if it seemed that the Classic simply held up to heavy use better than the Q10.
    You should back up your device, differently Link can and always has been a pain, try Back up Pro and Contactx from bbw and the rest you can sync with the cloud.
    03-31-15 01:06 PM
    I didn't have double typing on Q10 and I don't have it on Classic.
    Never had to restart Classic to regain the functionality and yes, Classic does not get hot. Q10 had to go to charging at least once during the day and Classic goes at least through the day without re charging.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 03:28 PM
    Hi,

I'm coming to the end of my two year contract with AT&T. I currently have a Q10 and I'm trying to decide between the Classic and the iPhone6. I've been a Blackberry user since the beginning and always favored the keyboard.

My biggest issues with the the Q10 are 1) the double typing (which has become quite frequent) and 2) how hot the phone gets (use it for work almost the entire train ride home - about 45 minutes. It gets pretty hot.

Has anyone experienced these issues with the Classic?

Also, is anyone who switched to the Classic missing the auto-suggested words? It looks like the Classic took that feature away.

Thanks for your help!
    Jesse
    The reason I got a Classic was because my Q10 was starting to double type and my I and F keys were practically unresponsive. In terms of getting hot, I know what you meant with the Q10, though ironically, when it got hot, I could use the I and F keys better. Lol. With the Classic, it gets warm with extensive use, normal for phones I'd say though. The keys also feel a lot better and sturdier on the Classic than on the Q10 but I've only had my Classic for about a week so we'll see over time.

Auto-suggest IS available on the Classic.
    03-31-15 03:49 PM