I am with Verizon and do live in an area in Maine that is a bit spotty. However, my daughter has Straight Talk and gets far better reception than I do, and my husband has a Galaxy sv on Verizon and gets better reception. I thought the Classic had a superior antenna. Are there any settings on the phone which may help or a phone case with an antenna? I don't have the option of setting it to only 3g. I did set it on Lte/cdma instead of global. Was told by Verizon that because it is a 4g phone, when it bounces off of the US Cellular towers (which are the only other towers out here) that it isn't 4g at that time and drops my calls. They said I may have to purchase a booster, which I don't want to do. I have only had this phone for a little over a month. Am tempted to go back to US Cellular prepaid, which worked like a charm (had a Moto G). Any suggestions that may help? I would really love to keep my phone, as I love Blackberry. I am on their Edge plan by the way, so no contract.
    06-10-15 06:31 AM
    i have to say, i think your issue is the towers you are using. Unfortunately there isn't going to be much you can do with the USCellular towers in your service area. a booster might be the best idea.
    i have to say, i think your issue is the towers you are using. Unfortunately there isn't going to be much you can do with the USCellular towers in your service area. a booster might be the best idea.
    06-10-15 06:53 AM