Separate each account from the main top hub (except for one, which is the minimum). Then think of hub as simply and old-style subfolder where all your individual account icons are, where the icons just happen to be arranged in a vertical list, and the hub "subfolder" just happens to be conveniently accessible by doing the up and right gesture.

No need to hate the hub.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 08:45 AM
    Lol they even have the priority HUB so you can filter important from non important accounts.

You can separate email accounts to show or remain hidden in the HUB.

Lastly, one extra swipe to the right reveals all the accounts on the left, each one with the notification BlackBerry star to indicate new message...

Same thing, different way.

But I'm going to guess that they'll eventually bring the option of email icons for people like you. They brought the HUB icon, don't see why not email.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    02-11-15 09:10 AM
    The hub lets you select one e-mail provider or just e-mail. Just press the bottom left icon when in the hub.
    Yes exactly, I don't see what's so hard about this.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    02-11-15 09:12 AM
    Yes exactly, I don't see what's so hard about this.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    At least not harder than moving in and out and back and forth between different apps/icons/frames representing different accounts, "enhanced" by the possibility of having to navigate different user interfaces.
    02-11-15 09:39 AM
    Hub is why I like the BB10. If I need granular account by account, simple swipe revels account by account unread. I like the universal box on BBOS as well, but it wasn't as easy to get back to individual accounts if I wanted.
    02-11-15 01:54 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    Love that answer.
    02-11-15 01:56 PM
    I HATE the hub!  Can I remove it?-paint1.png

Just buy shortcut creator

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 02:35 PM
    No BlackBerry 10 is built around here hub.

Canada Channel C00123A4A
    02-11-15 02:39 PM
    Last I checked, there are plenty of toys, Sorry - phones without "Hub's".
    They usually go by the name LG, Sony, Nokia, Samsung, Google, Motorola, Apple, etc...
    Why not just switch phones?!?!?!?!?

That's was Easy!
    RWB3325 likes this.
    02-11-15 03:13 PM
    Last I checked, there are plenty of toys, Sorry - phones without "Hub's".
    They usually go by the name LG, Sony, Nokia, Samsung, Google, Motorola, Apple, etc...
    Why not just switch phones?!?!?!?!?

That's was Easy!
    1. Phones w/o Hub do not necessarily make them toys

2. If the OP wanted to switch phones, she would have done so. She received alternatives to her issue from users not being jerks about someone's choice.
    02-11-15 03:28 PM
    Yes, I know it's the greatest feature known to man for most users, but I loathe it. I'd like to use a set-up like my 9900 - I have all my folders on the main screen to keep all the email accounts and other stuff separate. I don't use facebook, twitter, snapchat or anything else.

How can I show my emails and messages without having them all in one place in the hub? I think it's too much work.

Thanks
    Maria
    Didn't OS7 have a similar feature called 'Messages'? I remember using it sparingly, not as mush as I do with Hub. Seemed very similar to the Hub that is now in BB10 but not as developed, but all messages were there.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 03:52 PM
    There have been several of these posts now. It's always amusing to see people who simply do not understand how something new works put it down and continue to expect the new thing to operate like the old one. Despite the fact that it's superior because it allows for more customization, it doesn't look just like the old one. There is a theory floating around about this sort of behavior, studies being done on it. For instance people are given a new microwave that works faster and better than one they're familiar with, the continue to try to use the new microwave in the same manner as the old one, refuse to adapt to it and label the new one as inferior. It's a disorder of some sort.

OP you simply need to understand how the HUB works to use it the way you want to. It's unification isn't scrambling things up, it's simplifying it, nothing is changing other than how it's being displayed, and you can easily make it display one account at a time in a faster method than having separate icons for each account, which you technically do have anyway.
    southlander likes this.
    02-11-15 04:12 PM
    Having a unified messaging app, or place- is not new... and generally rarely used as- people doing a bunch of email work do not want all of their accounts shown in one streaming list. my "hub" has no accounts and I use them all as separate emails within the hub.

Moving the entirety of the UI around the hub was not a good idea...and really shows the short sightedness that plagued BlackBerry - if they can learn anything from Apple is that change is not the key- its perfection of the status quo.

The evolution of the BlackBerry OS6..7...and playbook was of that philosophy - but getting rid of the "home" of desktop with selected shortcuts and then the evolution into card style multi tasking was all destroyed with the hub and a move to "SCREEN O APPS" of android and ios, they are attempting to fix that with the permanent home screen - but the task management damage cannot be undone... you have a gesture based flow except task management (again because of hub!) now you have to accurately tap a "X" to close rather than keep in the same mode of swiping.

To not admit that the flow of bb10 is disjointed is just fanboy tinfoil hat level of ignorance- and to know the hub really is the cause of much of it.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 04:19 PM
    Interesting. It was the hub that made me switch back from an iPhone 5 back to my Z10 lol. Anyway, lots of good advice given in this thread already on how to disable certain accounts from appearing. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 04:25 PM
    Having a unified messaging app, or place- is not new... and generally rarely used as- people doing a bunch of email work do not want all of their accounts shown in one streaming list. my "hub" has no accounts and I use them all as separate emails within the hub.

Moving the entirety of the UI around the hub was not a good idea...and really shows the short sightedness that plagued BlackBerry - if they can learn anything from Apple is that change is not the key- its perfection of the status quo.

The evolution of the BlackBerry OS6..7...and playbook was of that philosophy - but getting rid of the "home" of desktop with selected shortcuts and then the evolution into card style multi tasking was all destroyed with the hub and a move to "SCREEN O APPS" of android and ios, they are attempting to fix that with the permanent home screen - but the task management damage cannot be undone... you have a gesture based flow except task management (again because of hub!) now you have to accurately tap a "X" to close rather than keep in the same mode of swiping.

To not admit that the flow of bb10 is disjointed is just fanboy tinfoil hat level of ignorance- and to know the hub really is the cause of much of it.

Posted via CB10
    LOL

Ok, ok. The BB10 Contacts sucks, the new Calendar sucks, maybe even the little x to close sucks,..

But the hub? The hub is brilliant and to say that it's "generally rarely used",.. is simply laughable.

I would never consider a device that would require me to check different places for different types of communication. Why should I? In the end they are all just communications,.. that just happen to be delivered via different mediums. As a human, I don't care if it's bbm or email or whatsapp,.. it all comprises text/images and I have to respond in the same way.

What's so difficult to appreciate about that?

Posted via CB10
    TheAuthority likes this.
    02-11-15 04:39 PM
    Head in hand.. do you ever get that feeling some people just like starting fights?

I love the Hub.. can't imagine not having it now.
    02-11-15 04:50 PM
    I love the HUB, that's why I left Android and IOS
    Xenolock likes this.
    02-11-15 04:51 PM
    Get an iPhone...

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 04:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have 15 email accounts, multiple ones are Exchange. I also administrate 2 BES servers, I'm BlackBerry's key target market. If the HUB didn't exist I wouldn't be using BlackBerry. Try using 15 email accounts on an iPhone and backing in and out of accounts, getting lost in 20 layers of absolute UI hell. Having 1 inbox is not disjointed, that's an oxymoron actually, navigating through over 200 different email folders within 3 accounts and having responding addresses separated in an email app is disjointed, and that's what iOS is. iOS would be my absolute last choice of OS to use it BB didn't exist and not because I'm anti Apple, it's because it's without a doubt the most convoluted mess within the mobile operating world.
    02-11-15 05:15 PM
    How about this, we do a race to see who can get to different accounts fastest...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-11-15 05:17 PM
    I like where this thread is heading. *grabs a bag of popcorn*

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A likes this.
    02-11-15 05:29 PM
    You guys are all ridiculous. Can't you just see that there are two different thinkers here? Some people like things separated, some people like things together.

My desk at work is a mess because I don't separate things. I work best when I know all the things I need are in the same place. That's why I like the hub. Some people need to file things, and keep them separated. That's why they like separate shortcuts.

One is neither worse or better. Yeah, BlackBerry would be smart by allowing the user to choose, maybe in an update (especially for those on Classics). But the fact is now BlackBerry is focused on the hub and the OP has a solution with shortcut maker.

Case closed.
    02-11-15 05:32 PM
    Changing the settings to show only in separate accounts doesn't work for you? Or the suggestion above to just get a shortcut creator? Either of those seem like pretty good ideas if you don't like the integrated hub.
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    02-11-15 05:40 PM
    After reading this thread, all I can say is, some of BlackBerry's supporters are its worst ambassadors. I really like my BlackBerry, but can't stand the "you must do it my way, and if you don't, you're an *****" philosophy that is so common around here. "ominaxe" is right. People have different ways of doing things. The hub is excellent, if that's the way you want to view your information. Customization is good too.

I hope your problem is resolved OP. If not, let us know, and some of us will try to help you find a solution.
    02-11-15 06:34 PM
    I like where this thread is heading. *grabs a bag of popcorn*

Posted via CB10
    yes, and reading this on my big TV screen using Miracast with windows 10....an a *BEER*
    02-11-15 06:41 PM
120 12345