06-14-16 08:34 PM
120 1234 ...
tools
    Uh, you know you can just swipe right to show the list of different accounts and filter what you see that way right? Sorry if it's not exactly like BBOS7...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    02-10-15 01:23 PM
    How can anyone argue that tapping on bottom left of hub and changing from email to text, etc is harder than opening and closing each individual grouping as if it were an app - aka legacy os? I don't have any social media in my hub. Just learn to switch between each messenger, email, whatever. It really is MUCH better than the old "apps" way.
    Simple. Because instead of trying out the Hub and finding out what works for them they simply refused to accept any change and went straight to Crackberry in an attempt to demand that they get the old way back. Otherwise one would figure they would have noticed the left side menu allows you to view everything separately and furthermore would have inevitably discovered the Hub settings allow you to manage this.

Is it not on 10.2.1?
    I am pretty sure you could always adjust individual app notifications, including each email account separately. There are new features in 10.3.1 regarding notifications but I am pretty sure setting the LED for individual email accounts has always been there.
    dollface likes this.
    02-10-15 01:35 PM
    Is it not on 10.2.1?
    Sorry, I guess I wasn't as clear as I intended.
    10.3.1 gives you fully customizable account-level and contact-level notification settings.
    By "account-level" customization I mean you can set a default sound + vibrate + LED colour for each account.
    By "contact-level" customization I mean you can also set a specific sound + vibrate + LED colour combination for each account within each contact.
    It's been a little while since I've used 10.2.1 so I don't recall exactly what 10.2.1 had, but digitalsurfboard wanted to get rid of the LED notification for certain accounts which I was just confirming you can definitely do with 10.3.1 which digitalsurfboard seemed to be speculating about/hoping for.
    02-10-15 01:40 PM
    I understand the OP's frustration but only if he/she is trying to mainly use the trackpad.

HUB with touch is great, HUB with trackpad not so much.
    02-10-15 01:48 PM
    I believe he was being satirical.
    One button and lots of apps = iPhone

A short commentary on people buying a BlackBerry but in effect saying they want an iPhone.

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    ......or sarcastic

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 03:09 PM
    I definitely am a trackpad fan - which maybe why I'm so frustrated in the first place!? For me just having the home page with a couple of separate folders for the different emails and text msgs is a lot 'cleaner' than having them in the hub hence my original post. I'll try out some of the suggestions though. I'm definitely not a dinosaur when it comes to the new phone, but some 9900 stuff is still better IMHO.
    02-10-15 03:29 PM
    Why? It's an honest question! I've had every blackberry so far (except the Q10 and Z10). I just think that with the classic - it would be a lot cleaner for many of us who don't need all the 'stuff' in one place to not have to use the hub. The hub can get too crowded. I prefer the trackpad - this may be some of the reason - and I can see you use the Passport hence no trackpad - but the question's a valid one and there should have been some way of doing this.
    02-10-15 03:33 PM
    Mirk - why assume some of us 'attempt to demand they get the old way back'? That's not it at all - I'm not stupid, a dummy or an ancient relic. What I'm after is options to make the hub system more consumer friendly and simpler for what I use the device for. I'm all for change - but for my usage the 9900 was better in that regard.
    mh1983 likes this.
    02-10-15 03:37 PM
    Mirk - why assume some of us 'attempt to demand they get the old way back'? That's not it at all - I'm not stupid, a dummy or an ancient relic. What I'm after is options to make the hub system more consumer friendly and simpler for what I use the device for. I'm all for change - but for my usage the 9900 was better in that regard.
    If you really like the way it was on the 9900 with separate folders, you should try Shuswap's suggestion which I mentioned earlier:
    Go into the hub > settings > hub management -- and change each account to "Show in Separate Account Only"
    Go to BlackBerry World and purchase "Shortcut Creator" -- it's $2.99 -- but it does what you need it to do.
    Create "Account" shortcuts to each of your email accounts.

A $3 app that sounds like it does exactly what you want sounds like a pretty good price considering how much we all dish out for the phones themselves.
    mdbd likes this.
    02-10-15 03:41 PM
    It's your device and you can evaluate any options that would make it more efficient for you. You can ignore presumed hegemony of certain individuals and continue :~)

On a side note, this had already been discussed in the forums :P
    mdbd likes this.
    02-10-15 03:45 PM
    I HATE the hub!  Can I remove it?-img_20150210_185737.png
    Long press on the message, just saying...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-10-15 05:58 PM
    At first I hated the hub as in at least with os7 I could separate text from messages. I separated as much as I could initially but found I was jumping back n forth and was a lot slower than when I was using the hub normally. I switched back and got used to it. Now I don't see how I could go back.

Posted via CB10
    yessuz and mdbd like this.
    02-10-15 06:04 PM
    I hate it also and not just because it's not efficient... but because the hub was a leading cause for them re-working the UI to accommodate their "unique to bb10" hub feature they got rid of the superior WebOS style as in the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 06:13 PM
    One button?
    Like... the non-BlackBerry touch screens?

When you say a lot of apps, which do you mean?
    He/She was probably being sarcastic referring to an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 06:17 PM
    Will definitely try it - thanks!
    02-10-15 06:20 PM
    He/She was probably being sarcastic referring to an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it had been clarified to my smart self in an earlier post : p
    02-10-15 08:40 PM
    I just wanted to say that I *can* see the OP's point of view when it comes to the classic. With the trackpad it would be easy to scroll to individual email icon, text icon, BBM icon like OS 7.1 days.

I've always wanted a BB10 version of the 9810. And I'm wondering myself, even though I'm used to the hub and the all touch screen, if I wouldn't be thinking like the OP once I got used to the trackpad again.

This OS is pretty flexible and can accommodate a lot of people. I think there is room for trackpad people and all touch people. The only reason I don't get a classic is because it's been almost 2 years since I switched from 9810 to Z10 and I've gotten used to the screen size. Actually 9810 got me hooked on the bigger screen and even though I liked the 9900, I didn't want to give up the bigger screen of the Torch. So the Torch served as a gateway to the Z10. And now, even though I still miss my physical keyboard and can understand the OP liking how things were on 7.1 I just can't give up the screen space to go to a classic.

I still hope for a 16x9 screen with a physical keyboard. Be it a slider or just a large phone.

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    02-10-15 11:15 PM
    Yes, I know it's the greatest feature known to man for most users, but I loathe it. I'd like to use a set-up like my 9900 - I have all my folders on the main screen to keep all the email accounts and other stuff separate. I don't use facebook, twitter, snapchat or anything else.

How can I show my emails and messages without having them all in one place in the hub? I think it's too much work.

Thanks
    Maria
    I don't mean to be rude. You purchased a BlackBerry 10 device and want to get rid of perhaps the feature central to the OS? Why did you not stick with your 9900?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BB Adict; 02-13-15 at 06:18 PM.
    southlander likes this.
    02-11-15 12:01 AM
    I believe if you do not like the Hub then BB10 phones are not for you.

Posted via CB10
    A very polite way of phrasing it. Thanks. Saved me for being slapped.
    02-11-15 07:29 AM
    Some folks take longer to get used to doing things differently than others do. Coming from a history of Symbian and Android devices, I found the Hub a bit daunting at first. Admittedly I never owned any older BB devices, so I can't really visualize what is distressing OP. The Hub does have pretty comprehensive customisabilty (is that a word?) though, and I've found it amazingly convenient on my device (Z30), especially the "peek" feature. The post about it being more suited to a touch-screen than a trackpad, seems quite relevant to me.

I do hope OP manages to come to terms with it, or finds a way to achieve what he is after.

Good luck!!
    02-11-15 07:35 AM
    I know how to use the Hub and I am used to it, but I still hate having that be the default option for accessing messages.

The Hub was great back when it was still called Messages and it was still optional. Heck, even my first BlackBerry, which was the 7250, had two methods of accessing email accounts. Messages and individual account icons. Why folks seem to pretend the Hub is so great and new I'll never understand, but having the option to use individual account icons from the homescreen or use Messages as needed, was much better than having BlackBerry dictate how you will access your messages. Having more options is always a good thing.

But honestly, that's the main problem with BlackBerry 10. It is just so devoid of even the most basic of options. BlackBerry users used to make fun of iPhone users because iOS had so few options. A big one was the fact that iOS didn't allow themes while BlackBerry did. People here used to say "All iPhones look the same!" Well, how is BB10 any different than the iOS we used to make fun of?

For fun, compare the original Storm (commonly known as the worst BlackBerry device ever made) with a Z30 and then make a list of all the options Storm users have that STILL aren't possible on BB10. There are a ton of them.

In my opinion, BlackBerry went from having a unique, and very customizable OS that allowed users multiple ways to do things straight out of the box to having a boring MeeGo clone that piggy-backs off of Android and locks users into their way of doing things much like iOS does. Hopefully BlackBerry stays in the hardware business long enough to bring back some more of the things BB10 is still lacking. I'd love to go back to using a BlackBerry everyday, the functionality I want just isn't there yet though.
    02-11-15 07:38 AM
    Don't take some of the harsh responses seriously. I've accepted the fact that the bb10 die hards are the most arrogant os bunch of all operating systems.

If I were you I would try some work arounds (disabling the hub of that doesn't work freeze it if that doesn't work ==> return the phone for an Os 7.1 device or one with a working operating system.
    mh1983, kirson and Vintage123 like this.
    02-11-15 07:50 AM
    Don't take some of the harsh responses seriously. I've accepted the fact that the bb10 die hards are the most arrogant os bunch of all operating systems.

If I were you I would try some work arounds (disabling the hub of that doesn't work freeze it if that doesn't work ==> return the phone for an Os 7.1 device or one with a working operating system.
    Second this! Always amazed by the militant-level arrogance around here, which is nothing short of discouraging for people who ask genuine questions, like the OP.

I agree with people who suggested to simplify the hub by removing unnecessary notifications/accounts. That's what I do (just my Gmail and calendar) and it works for me; anything more would be overload. Beauty of the hub is it's a flexible function; you just need to spend a bit of time customizing it out for your needs.
    Umaima_B_Dia and Vintage123 like this.
    02-11-15 08:06 AM
    If you really like the way it was on the 9900 with separate folders, you should try Shuswap's suggestion which I mentioned earlier:
    Go into the hub > settings > hub management -- and change each account to "Show in Separate Account Only"
    Go to BlackBerry World and purchase "Shortcut Creator" -- it's $2.99 -- but it does what you need it to do.
    Create "Account" shortcuts to each of your email accounts.

A $3 app that sounds like it does exactly what you want sounds like a pretty good price considering how much we all dish out for the phones themselves.
    This is the way to do it. Or the OP could forget about the Hub and BB10 email altogether and use some Android email client. There are several to choose from. We're not forced to use the Hub for email at all.

But I also have to agree that the Hub is deep enough in BB10's DNA that if someone really doesn't like it, they should probably consider a different platform. It's a bit like trying to find workarounds to avoid using the Home button on an iPhone. For all I know it can be done, but if it's that important to do so it would make more sense to use a different device altogether.
    southlander likes this.
    02-11-15 08:11 AM
    The hub lets you select one e-mail provider or just e-mail. Just press the bottom left icon when in the hub.
    evodevo69 likes this.
    02-11-15 08:32 AM
120 1234 ...