Yes, I know it's the greatest feature known to man for most users, but I loathe it. I'd like to use a set-up like my 9900 - I have all my folders on the main screen to keep all the email accounts and other stuff separate. I don't use facebook, twitter, snapchat or anything else.

How can I show my emails and messages without having them all in one place in the hub? I think it's too much work.

Thanks
    Maria
    TinMan555 and Witmen like this.
    02-10-15 10:21 AM
    You cannot remove the hub. However, you can go to Hub Settings from the overflow menu on the bottom right and change to show your email only/each email in separate tabs.
    02-10-15 10:26 AM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    maxb1ack and extisis like this.
    02-10-15 10:28 AM
    Blasphemy! How dare you say you don't like the HUB!! Haha just kidding.

You can't get rid of the HUB. You should give it some time. When you're coming from a different device there will always be a few things that take time to adjust to.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jas1978; 02-10-15 at 11:22 AM.
    mdbd and Rippa like this.
    02-10-15 10:54 AM
    I believe if you do not like the Hub then BB10 phones are not for you.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 11:17 AM
    Classic users are a funny bunch
    02-10-15 11:42 AM
    Even OS7 had the messages app, it had everything in one place. That was the logical way to view everything you have in one place instead of digging around and maybe forgetting a folder

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 11:44 AM
    Yes! Remove this thread

A Happy Passport User....
    02-10-15 11:50 AM
    You cannot remove the hub. However, you can go to Hub Settings from the overflow menu on the bottom right and change to show your email only/each email in separate tabs.
    That's exactly what you need to experiment with. I don't do FaceBook or Twitter or any other social media so I have my Hub as simple as possible (Email & Text) only. Everything else that I use is in its separate account.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc and AndyYNWA like this.
    02-10-15 11:52 AM
    That's exactly what you need to experiment with. I don't do FaceBook or Twitter or any other social media so I have my Hub as simple as possible (Email & Text) only. Everything else that I use is in its separate account.

Posted via CB10
    oh
    02-10-15 11:55 AM
    Some refuse to evolve - give it time you will get used to it

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 11:57 AM
    If there is something I don't want in the hub I just make it separate. For me Twitter messages and notifications along with one of my email accounts are not included in the hub.

That makes my workspace/hub cleaner. I don't need to be notified with someone likes my messages of FB or when someone has RT'd me on Twitter but if someone contacts me via LinkedIn or email...thats what I need to see.

I don't know what the hub would look like if you placed just one or two accounts in there and kept everything separate.

That might be a good workaround.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    kbz1960 and mdbd like this.
    02-10-15 11:58 AM
    Another option is to just swipe from the left and pick your individual accounts. It's probably not ideal, but it's another option. It's what my wife does every time because she, like you, isn't a hug fan of the Hub
    blackguy07 likes this.
    02-10-15 11:58 AM
    I want a BlackBerry with only one button and a lot of apps.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 12:26 PM
    You might find the following useful, originally posted by Shuswap in the "Tried too hard... but failed" thread:

I wasn't happy with the hub either. I didn't want the information from all of my accounts jumbled together. So this is what I did:

1. Move the hub icon into a folder (just so you don't have it out in view anymore -- you're about to kill it for all practical purposes).
    2. Go into the hub > settings > hub management -- and change each account to "Show in Separate Account Only"
    3. Go to BlackBerry World and purchase "Shortcut Creator" -- it's $2.99 -- but it does what you need it to do.
    4. Create "Account" shortcuts to each of your email accounts.

Now you'll have separate account icons for each email account, which you can place on your home screen. I have the text message icon on my home screen too. Just tap the icons to go to the respective accounts, as usual.

Then make a mental shift: think of the sideways swipe not as "this takes me to the hub" but "this takes me back to the last account I had open." Once you've side-swiped, of course, you can also change between accounts using the icon in the bottom left of the 'taskbar'.
    02-10-15 12:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    One button?
    Like... the non-BlackBerry touch screens?

When you say a lot of apps, which do you mean?
    02-10-15 12:32 PM
    One button?
    Like... the non-BlackBerry touch screens?

When you say a lot of apps, which do you mean?
    I believe he was being satirical.
    One button and lots of apps = iPhone

A short commentary on people buying a BlackBerry but in effect saying they want an iPhone.

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    02-10-15 12:41 PM
    I believe he was being satirical.
    One button and lots of apps = iPhone

A short commentary on people buying a BlackBerry but in effect saying they want an iPhone.

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    Oh

*smacks head* lolol
    02-10-15 12:43 PM
    If there is something I don't want in the hub I just make it separate. For me Twitter messages and notifications along with one of my email accounts are not included in the hub.

That makes my workspace/hub cleaner. I don't need to be notified with someone likes my messages of FB or when someone has RT'd me on Twitter but if someone contacts me via LinkedIn or email...thats what I need to see.

I don't know what the hub would look like if you placed just one or two accounts in there and kept everything separate.

That might be a good workaround.
    Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    It actually looks nice. I just have my hotmail account in there. EVERYTHING else is separate for me.
    mdbd likes this.
    02-10-15 12:45 PM
    i feel your pain OP. it was driving me crazy the first couple of days to have everything in one place. there was one particular work email account that i didn't not want mixed in with my other work/personal accounts. i don't use my phone for twitter or facebook either. when i realised there was a setting to remove accounts from the hub, it made my life easier. if i could get rid of the LED notification for certain accounts that would be great too. hopefully 10.3.1

give it time. i swear to god i almost threw my z10 at the wall 10 times a day. the only reason i didn't switch right back to the 9900 is that i would have had to get the old sim card reactivated to fit in the 9900. being a work phone, it would have been SUCH a pain in the ***. it took a few weeks, but i'm now a huge fan of the hub and bb10. the remaining major annoyances should be sorted with 10.3.1
    mdbd and zinj like this.
    02-10-15 12:51 PM
    i feel your pain OP.
    Thank you.

I am not the OP : p
    raino and mdbd like this.
    02-10-15 12:54 PM
    How can anyone argue that tapping on bottom left of hub and changing from email to text, etc is harder than opening and closing each individual grouping as if it were an app - aka legacy os? I don't have any social media in my hub. Just learn to switch between each messenger, email, whatever. It really is MUCH better than the old "apps" way.
    slagman5 and manonthemoon like this.
    02-10-15 12:55 PM
    if i could get rid of the LED notification for certain accounts that would be great too. hopefully 10.3.1
    Account-level (and contact-level) notification customization is a feature in 10.3.1
    02-10-15 12:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Made of premium aluminum on the back. Because premium aluminum is, well, premium.

BleedBlk-
    02-10-15 01:10 PM
    Account-level (and contact-level) notification customization is a feature in 10.3.1
    Is it not on 10.2.1?
    02-10-15 01:21 PM
120 123 ...