Sure it should be easy but we are now 2 years later.
    That's a valid point. Has anyone started communications with BB directly with this through the proper channels? This could seriously be added in a day. I for one actually want a classic style device just with better hardware than the classic but if it doesn't have shortcuts I want, or at least the ability to create them then it's a bust for me. It needs to be as functional as os7 otherwise I'll sacrifice that for screen real estate.

I haven't seen the UI interactions for creating a new shortcut with the Classic, does it just give you some short list of options or just apps to assign a key to? If that's all it is then that needs to be worked on heavily, you should be able to assign macros at this point.
    02-14-15 09:56 PM
    That's a valid point. Has anyone started communications with BB directly with this through the proper channels? This could seriously be added in a day. I for one actually want a classic style device just with better hardware than the classic but if it doesn't have shortcuts I want, or at least the ability to create them then it's a bust for me. It needs to be as functional as os7 otherwise I'll sacrifice that for screen real estate.

I haven't seen the UI interactions for creating a new shortcut with the Classic, does it just give you some short list of options or just apps to assign a key to? If that's all it is then that needs to be worked on heavily, you should be able to assign macros at this point.
    They have added A LOT of the old features back into the OS, you can't say that they are not listening, although I agree that it is slow moving...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-14-15 10:08 PM
    They have added A LOT of the old features back into the OS, you can't say that they are not listening, although I agree that it is slow moving...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Sure their efforts are worth noting, a common problem they have is that they offer these things as an afterthought instead of a real feature at launch. Here we've tossed in a couple of shortcuts from the old OS for you guys That isn't going to impress anyone, especially if you aren't even coming up to par. They should really say EVERYTHING you loved about the old is here in the NEW and look at these awesome NEW features we have, we took keyboard shortcuts to a whole new level. Want a keyboard shortcut that will start a compose to a specific contact, use a macro of your choice to set it up, want a keyboard shortcut that will call a number, navigate a phone menu system with just a keypress, there's a macro with built in delays for you...the possibilities of function are endless and they should really run with a feature like that. It just seems they always fall flat of doing as much as they could. It's worth consideration that long enough time has elapsed and went by that giving them credit for it, while worth acknowledging is far from complacency in excusing the lacking. Now that I'm thinking of all of that actually I miss tasker on a daily driver.
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    02-14-15 10:16 PM
    If you really like the way it was on the 9900 with separate folders, you should try Shuswap's suggestion which I mentioned earlier:
    Go into the hub > settings > hub management -- and change each account to "Show in Separate Account Only"
    Go to BlackBerry World and purchase "Shortcut Creator" -- it's $2.99 -- but it does what you need it to do.
    Create "Account" shortcuts to each of your email accounts.

A $3 app that sounds like it does exactly what you want sounds like a pretty good price considering how much we all dish out for the phones themselves.
    That's a funny one... Hub Modding (tm)

:-)

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    02-15-15 03:23 AM
    I think if you actually gave the HUB some time you would find it is extremely functional, convenient and easy to use. Or you can go into settings and change where accounts appear and not really use the hub at all I guess.
    02-17-15 06:56 PM
    Is it possible this is a case of people talking past each other? When I came to this thread, "the Hub" meant to me the icon by that name at the top of the area accessed by sweeping from the left, and that is what I understood the OP to be asking about. Some of the replies, however, seem to be using "the Hub" to mean the whole area, including the Hub and Priority Hub icons and all the separate email accounts, etc. underneath, or in fact the whole communication interface of the new BBs. I have no problem with having all my email and other accounts in one list (whether it's called a hub or not), accessed by sweeping from the left, but I would dearly love to get rid of the Hub and Priority Hub icons as they are useless clutter. (The last thing I want is to access all my messages and email accounts in one place so I can't tell what account I'm in. Thanks to this thread, I have already disassociated all my accounts from the Hub icon, so it is "empty" but it is still easy to open by accident and very annoying.)

An early poster, possibly the second, seemed to suggest it was possible to move the Hub icon (and I hope the Priority Hub icon as well) to a folder. That would be as satisfactory in my book as deleting it, as long as I can move the folder someplace where I will not keep opening it by accident. I would be grateful for advice how to do it. It would be equally acceptable to move the Hub and Priority Hub icons to the bottom of the list where I'll never see them again.

For the record, I had a Q10 for 18 months before recently getting a Classic, so I've had plenty of time to get used to BlackBerry 10 OS. I still don't see that it is much of an improvement over the old system, and many useful features have been dropped for no discernible reason. I would gladly still use an 8900 if mine hadn't been stolen or they'd still been available. In any event, I've paid enough for my new BlackBerry phones that I am entitled to complain about what I don't like without being lectured for not liking this or that bit of technology I never asked for.
    02-28-15 10:29 AM
    Yesterday I encountered a prime example of why I hate the hub and well... every other mobile os.

Few days ago I got an email with a revised schedule for an event I am managing friday. During the event I am getting my standard email flow and having to reply etc. While coordinating the event, every time I needed to look at the new schedule I have to re-search the darn email and find it... on my Pre1, 2 and 3 with WebOS I would just leave that email in its own card open where I can reference it whenever I want while still working in email etc.

I really think I am going to move back to WebOS and fix my pre3 or find one on ebay- I am just more effeciant on WebOS and the hub is limiting because of its design.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    02-28-15 11:06 AM
    Ha ha ha that is all I got!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 11:23 AM
    I just got my hopes up seeing another thread about accidentally deleting the Hub icon, hoping I could learn how to do it intentionally. I see now, though, that it was about a desktop Hub icon I didn't even realise was there (on the very last page). I fear that is what was meant by the suggestion of moving the icon to a folder.

The good news is that I've figured out how to disable the Priority Hub so it doesn't appear -- I'm halfway home! Now, is there any way to disable the Hub item itself?
    02-28-15 11:35 AM
    I just like using the 'u' button for unread. That helps me zip through my messages.
    That should be added back, but you can use pinch to show only unread messages... that's how I have mine set up.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 12:02 PM
    Yesterday I encountered a prime example of why I hate the hub and well... every other mobile os.

Few days ago I got an email with a revised schedule for an event I am managing friday. During the event I am getting my standard email flow and having to reply etc. While coordinating the event, every time I needed to look at the new schedule I have to re-search the darn email and find it... on my Pre1, 2 and 3 with WebOS I would just leave that email in its own card open where I can reference it whenever I want while still working in email etc.

I really think I am going to move back to WebOS and fix my pre3 or find one on ebay- I am just more effeciant on WebOS and the hub is limiting because of its design.

Posted via CB10
    Share the message to remember.
    then you can have that email open and still be able to read and send new messages.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 12:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you flagged the email it would show up in the flagged message folder in remember. No need to search and you could have it open, in the background separately while you work with other emails.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 12:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Galaxy Note 4 with split screen would let you do this very easily.

It would be nice to have multiple messages open in the hub at once like on a desktop.
    02-28-15 12:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Isn't it interesting how often you think, "this was easier to do in webOS"?

If you get a Pre3 again, make sure to look for the unlocked AT&T (16GB) version if it works with the cellular bands where you live. It's so hard to live with the EU (8GB) version these days. If you're serious, get it quick -- they're shutting down the HP webOS servers really soon (delayed to March 15), and it will be much harder to set up the device. Have a look over at webOS Nation for details: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...-2015-a-9.html
    Last edited by Shuswap; 03-01-15 at 01:44 PM.
    03-01-15 01:27 PM
    Yes, I know it's the greatest feature known to man for most users, but I loathe it. I'd like to use a set-up like my 9900 - I have all my folders on the main screen to keep all the email accounts and other stuff separate. I don't use facebook, twitter, snapchat or anything else.

How can I show my emails and messages without having them all in one place in the hub? I think it's too much work.

Thanks
    Maria
    Put a hammer to it

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 01:28 PM
    That should be added back, but you can use pinch to show only unread messages... that's how I have mine set up.

Posted via CB10
    Works on my q10 with 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    RadoR6 likes this.
    03-01-15 01:41 PM
    Attachment 333066

Just buy shortcut creator

Posted via CB10
    How did you theme your icons like that? It looks so cool
    06-14-16 06:55 PM
    How did you theme your icons like that? It looks so cool
    That's just a wallpaper.
    I'll try to find a link for some.

Posted via CB10
    dollface likes this.
    06-14-16 08:01 PM
    That's just a wallpaper.
    I'll try to find a link for some.

Posted via CB10
    Oh I see. Thank you
    06-14-16 08:15 PM
    Oh I see. Thank you
    No prob

Blueprint wallpaper‎‎
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=12003256‎

wooden shelves‎
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=12369355‎

A BBM channel for wallpapers. Maybe some luck here.‎
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10427746

Application for wallpapers
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10602994

‎Try google, or your favourite wallpaper website.
    Include the term shelves wallpaper or icon wallpaper in your searches.

Posted via CB10
    dollface likes this.
    06-14-16 08:34 PM
120 ... 345