I'd downloaded a certain file on classic to internal storage.But download was broken by some reason,probably network error.
    I'd got the broken unused file.I tried to delete this damn file but I couldn't.The classic showed the messeage 'Unable to delete file,permission denied'
    What is the permission?How to dismiss this permission?
    How to delete this file?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-19 12:00 PM
    I'd downloaded a certain file on classic to internal storage.But download was broken by some reason,probably network error.
    I'd got the broken unused file.I tried to delete this damn file but I couldn't.The classic showed the messeage 'Unable to delete file,permission denied'
    How to delete this file?

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried just rebooting the phone and trying again? (sorry I have to ask). This might remove the "lock".
    01-30-19 12:39 PM
    Yes.I tried restart BlackBerry Classic.But it still happen the same situation.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-19 07:23 PM
    How to delete this file?

Posted via CB10
    Where is this file located on your device specifically? (What folder in internal storage?)
    01-30-19 07:27 PM
    'downloads' folder.And I used pre installed Browser for download.
    And I couldn't also move and rename this damn file...

Posted via CB10
    01-30-19 08:01 PM
    Oops,sorry.I made a mistake.
    I used Browsie Browser for download.Not pre-installed Browser.
    I'm sorry.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-19 08:07 PM
    Oops,sorry.I made a mistake.
    I used Browsie Browser for download.Not pre-installed Browser.
    I'm sorry.

Posted via CB10
    Can you connect your Classic to your computer and delete it via the shared drive that Link creates to allow access to internal storage?
    01-30-19 08:44 PM
    I had that kind of situation on my first Classic couple of times with Android apps... for me NOTHING solved the file/folder permission problem. It was gone only after wipe/autoloader

Posted via CB10
    01-31-19 04:01 AM
    Can you connect your Classic to your computer and delete it via the shared drive that Link creates to allow access to internal storage?
    No,I couldn't.
    I connected my BlackBerry classic with my Win7pro PC via USB cable,and I tried to see the problem file.
    But I could not see the file on my computer,although other files were seen.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-19 04:46 PM
    I had that kind of situation on my first Classic couple of times with Android apps... for me NOTHING solved the file/folder permission problem. It was gone only after wipe/autoloader

Posted via CB10
    Oh,No.
    I hate wipe because it often stop on the way of incompleted.
    But may be I have to try...

Posted via CB10
    02-02-19 04:50 PM
    Do an autoloader then, it's far better as a clean start...

Posted via CB10
    02-02-19 04:54 PM
    No,I couldn't.
    I connected my BlackBerry classic with my Win7pro PC via USB cable,and I tried to see the problem file.
    But I could not see the file on my computer,although other files were seen.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have Win7 set to show hidden files? You can always do an autoloader if needed, but that seems an extreme solution to getting rid of one file....
    02-05-19 11:30 AM
    I don't think it can be done otherwise. I tried all available options but to no avail. Sometimes some Android apps change permissions of file/folder and it gets treated as a system file. I couldn't do anything to erase them

Posted via CB10
    02-05-19 05:40 PM
    I don't think it can be done otherwise. I tried all available options but to no avail. Sometimes some Android apps change permissions of file/folder and it gets treated as a system file. I couldn't do anything to erase them

Posted via CB10
    This is indeed the case. Some files are just not deletable.
    02-05-19 06:45 PM
    Yeah and in his case, not worth the wipe/autoloader if everything else is working fine.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-19 02:59 PM
    Yeah and in his case, not worth the wipe/autoloader if everything else is working fine.

Posted via CB10
    Agree.
    02-06-19 03:01 PM
    Try a different file manager or a shell program.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-19 08:02 AM
    Try Ghost Commander

Posted via CB10
    Leyra B10 likes this.
    02-09-19 11:34 AM
    It's a bug I encountered a couple of times, and since the ART seems to be capable of changing the file permission to system, there's really nothing you can do. As for Leyra suggestion I really don't know any shell program that can obtain that level of access ob a BB10

Posted via CB10
    02-09-19 02:49 PM
    It's a bug I encountered a couple of times, and since the ART seems to be capable of changing the file permission to system, there's really nothing you can do. As for Leyra suggestion I really don't know any shell program that can obtain that level of access ob a BB10

Posted via CB10
    Should be able to.edit: Just 'cd /' all the way back to root lol and from there try 'rm -R accounts/1000/' to removable or shared then the file. With Term48.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 02-10-19 at 01:55 PM.
    hazmaju likes this.
    02-09-19 03:36 PM
    I don't follow about change directory all the way to root but I never actually tried to delete that files with Term48. Maybe worth a try, just don't see it deleting file with a system flag, since without that kind of elevated privileges it's gonna fail like any other file manager

Posted via CB10
    02-09-19 03:47 PM
    I don't follow about change directory all the way to root but I never actually tried to delete that files with Term48. Maybe worth a try, just don't see it deleting file with a system flag, since without that kind of elevated privileges it's gonna fail like any other file manager

Posted via CB10
    Definitely worth it. Send the command from parent directory in the shell. Can't really do that with a file manager.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-19 04:09 PM