Ha! Same thing happened to me at a partner store. Literally they laughed in my face. I went from a iphone 6 plus to the classic and I love it.
    You're patient. i'd complain to their manager. Regardless of what phone you wanted, being condescending to customers is bad for business.
    04-21-15 05:00 PM
    Why was it important enough for you to mention their race? Why is this relevant for your story?
    Was it so weird for you that it weren't the "African American" sales reps that were rude to you, but the "caucasian" male in stead?
    I wondered about this too, for a second or two....
    ...if the store management want to discipline someone, they've now got a much better idea of who the bad customer service came from.
    04-21-15 08:57 PM
    Can we get the thread title changed? The OP did NOT go to a Verizon store, but instead went to an independent authorized dealer. The title is very misleading.

My experiences with actual corporate Verizon stores has always been great, and never an issue with poor customer support from any of the corporate Verizon store employees.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 and coldRooster like this.
    04-21-15 09:31 PM
    Can we get the thread title changed? The OP did NOT go to a Verizon store, but instead went to an independent authorized dealer. The title is very misleading.

My experiences with actual corporate Verizon stores has always been great, and never an issue with poor customer support from any of the corporate Verizon store employees.

Posted via CB10

Ha, you serious?

"Yes sir, right away! Whatever you say, sir!"

Pfftt... look, the store has a Verizon Wireless sign out front, the interior is modeled after a corporate store, the uniforms, etc. Even as a partner store, it's still very much Verizon to the public. The post title is fine.
    donemt and gokulesh like this.
    04-21-15 09:41 PM
    Op just reading your post just makes me boil because of how unprofessional these reps are. I would have confronted him back and tell him, are you here to make money or laugh at your customer. The classic might not fit your needs but it has plenty of functionality that is right for me.

Op you are entitled to purchase the phone that fits your needs not someone to dictate what you can and can not have.

Do us all a favour if you leave Verizon, call into their head office and tell them your story. You're not the only one being effected by these sales guys lack of education. Let corporate management hear what is taking place at their stores.
    Calling corporate won't do anything. They're not an official Verizon Wireless so Verizon doesn't care what you're experience was like there. The best solution would be to go to an actual Verizon where they invest a lot of time and money into training their employees. Source: I'm a Verizon Employee.
    04-21-15 09:53 PM
    Ha, you serious?

"Yes sir, right away! Whatever you say, sir!"

Pfftt... look, the store has a Verizon Wireless sign out front, the interior is modeled after a corporate store, the uniforms, etc. Even as a partner store, it's still very much Verizon to the public. The post title is fine.
    I'm sorry. Did the massive letters reading "Procom Wireless | Premium Retailer" escape you? And yes, they have a Verizon Wireless sign out, because they're an authorized dealer.

Do yourself a favor, if you want any action to actually take place, revisit the store and talk to a store manager. The only thing your doing here is smearing the wrong company.

Don't like how you were treated by Procom wireless and you want to come to a BlackBerry fan forum to complain about Verizon wireless. Think about that for a few minutes; and if you don't see what's wrong with it, then there nothing anyone can do to help you an you might as well play the victim (which you do oh so well).

Oh, and don't bother expecting another reply. Your condescending and disrespectful reply has already insured that I will ignore any future posts from you.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 10:28 PM
    I encountered comparable attitudes years ago when buying a Pearl. Several times since. Anytime anyone acts like they know "more", they'd better be prepared to educate me. I'm always eager to learn new things. i WILL ask. And ask. And ask... lol Sadly, too typically, "know it alls" know nothing worth knowing. lol

If this attitude is wide spread, it can't help but impact BB's market share. Maybe BB needs to employ a few "Secret Shoppers". ??
    04-21-15 10:50 PM
    I'm sorry. Did the massive letters reading "Procom Wireless | Premium Retailer" escape you? And yes, they have a Verizon Wireless sign out, because they're an authorized dealer.

Do yourself a favor, if you want any action to actually take place, revisit the store and talk to a store manager. The only thing your doing here is smearing the wrong company.

Don't like how you were treated by Procom wireless and you want to come to a BlackBerry fan forum to complain about Verizon wireless. Think about that for a few minutes; and if you don't see what's wrong with it, then there nothing anyone can do to help you an you might as well play the victim (which you do oh so well).

Oh, and don't bother expecting another reply. Your condescending and disrespectful reply has already insured that I will ignore any future posts from you.

Posted via CB10
    I could care less if you don't respond again, and don't make such stupid demands about post titles like you're somebody.

I am perfectly justified to complain to both VZW and Procom. Procom bears the VZW name, the products, everything -- what they do represents VZW and sells the VZW brand. If they do something crappy, it does reflect on VZW and they should know about it. Same goes for other companies, like Coca-Cola India getting negative press reflects poorly on Coca-Cola Company proper (different entities, but the former is licensed to represent the brand and product catalog and the latter is still responsible for being involved to an extent).
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    04-21-15 11:15 PM
    There really is not as much to like about the ifoan than people think. It's a productivity nightmare and a waste of time and money. Classic kills the ifoan 8, which isn't even out yet.

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh likes this.
    04-21-15 11:31 PM
    Just laugh at the verizon staff who work their cr@ppie retail jobs. Do they really think they're in any position to be laughing at anybody? Do they have to wear little verizon caps and t-shirts like good little sheep? Probably.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 11:32 PM
    There really is not as much to like about the ifoan than people think. It's a productivity nightmare and a waste of time and money. Classic kills the ifoan 8, which isn't even out yet.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if this is a joke? If it is. Please disregard. I am always interested in why some think certain products are inferior. Why do you think the iPhone is a productivity nightmare? Why is it a waste of time and money? Im not here to defend either side. Just curious.
    04-21-15 11:34 PM
    No, it's not a joke. I'm dead serious and I don't really have to justify it at all. I strongly dislike apple as a company and I absolutely HATE hipsters.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 11:39 PM
    Because 9 out of 10 apple users agree: 'we all have smashed screens...'

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 11:40 PM
    BlackBerry is a communication powerhouse first, everything else is there too, but a productivity tool first and foremost and NOT a content consumption pacifier for hipster babies.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 11:43 PM
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 11:48 PM
    I've not read the entire thread but just today I went to a Verizon Store to return a Qi charger. I noticed a movie-sized "poster" on the wall. It was the Classic and it was a video of the Classic and just below it was a real phone. Just peeked at it as my transaction was finished. So, I guess, they are out there. This was in a shopping center near the Univ of Washington in Seattle.
    thymaster and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    04-22-15 12:06 AM
    You know what I wish Blackberry shoppers would do on their trip to the store is to record an entire sales conversation with a unprofessional salesman. Then post it here on CrackBerry. It would totally stir up a lot controversy and makes a great discussion thread. Please someone on here go out and do a little secret shopping and show us real proof of what goes on at a Verizon or ATT store.
    idssteve likes this.
    04-22-15 12:44 AM
    Do us all a favour if you leave Verizon, call into their head office and tell them your story. You're not the only one being effected by these sales guys lack of education. Let corporate management hear what is taking place at their stores.
    It has already been made clear he didn't visit a Verizon corporate store, which was his first mistake. His second was complaining about it on a BlackBerry fansite, thinking that would somehow make it better.
    04-22-15 01:33 AM
    As an iPhone user, I find myself wanting a better typing experience and have long considered selling my 128GB iPhone 6 for a new Blackberry Classic. Yes, it sounds nuts to many. There�s a lot to love about iPhone, but lately the keyboard and the battery life haven't been as stellar since I first turned it on in January. I've made a list about what I use and what matters, and BB checks most boxes surprisingly (some compromises naturally, but I adapt well having been a user of all four major platforms). So what�s someone to do if they want to test drive the Classic? Seeing Verizon Wireless is my carrier, I visited my nearest VZW retailer Sunday afternoon.

The retailer is Procom Wireless (1515 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL), billed on its signage as a Premium Retailer for Verizon Wireless. Seems legit. The store looked nice when I walked in � albeit an empty store with three employees standing around.

I didn�t get any of their names because the visit was brief: two African American employees (one male, one female), and the third a Caucasian male. That third employee, who was seated the entire time and playing with his own phone, is the man who laughed when I asked this simple question:

�Do you have the Blackberry Classic on display? I want to test it out.�

I was honestly stunned when I heard his laugh. It was one of those laughs that asks, �Who the f***?� or says, �What an irrelevant phone, and you�re a backwards a***ole for asking.�

The professional female of the three answered.

�We do not have the Classic in stock but we can order it for you.�

I politely declined, about-faced, and exited the store. My contract ends at the end of March 2016, but I am tempted to pay the ETF to leave early and try out AT&T or T-Mobile again. Leaving a service is the only real �f*** you� that matters, because it�s too late to tell the laughing Rep what I think and feel about him. The moment has passed.

Has anything similar happened to you, ever, when asking about a BB phone (or any phone)?
    Thank Gawd it wasn't the black one who laughed @ you........

Seriously why did you need to mention "race". Anyways I think you over reacting, those three employees are entitled to their own opinion. Let your " F" you make sense. You are going to leave your carrier that provides you a network and you pay $ to access because of a bad experience at a RETAIL store...that is gonna happen anywhere any carrier....why do some consumers put Soooooo much into the unexpected and act oblivious to the simple logic and fact. Use the network make your payment three employees don't speak for the entire brand....base your experience off of something more relative......

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    04-22-15 06:03 AM
    Thank Gawd it wasn't the black one who laughed @ you........

Seriously why did you need to mention "race". Anyways I think you over reacting, those three employees are entitled to their own opinion. Let your " F" you make sense. You are going to leave your carrier that provides you a network and you pay $ to access because of a bad experience at a RETAIL store...that is gonna happen anywhere any carrier....why do some consumers put Soooooo much into the unexpected and act oblivious to the simple logic and fact. Use the network make your payment three employees don't speak for the entire brand....base your experience off of something more relative......

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    I guess you haven't heard of something called "customer service" where disrespecting a customer's choices is generally frowned upon... They are entitled to their own opinion, they just need to keep that to themselves or at least express it in a respectful manner. Funny how you're all PC-police (or maybe PC-constable, or PC-deputy?) but when it comes to general respect towards others, that concept is completely lost on you... Actually, not that funny or surprising, most people hung up on the whole political-correctness stuff is like that from my experience...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-22-15 06:53 AM
    I guess you haven't heard of something called "customer service" where disrespecting a customer's choices is generally frowned upon... They are entitled to their own opinion, they just need to keep that to themselves or at least express it in a respectful manner.
    That's just the way young minimum wage earners are nowadays.
    04-22-15 07:18 AM
    Op - exactly what are you hoping vzw and procom do to make you feel better?
    04-22-15 07:42 AM
    It has already been made clear he didn't visit a Verizon corporate store, which was his first mistake. His second was complaining about it on a BlackBerry fansite, thinking that would somehow make it better.
    I respect your opinion but you think your being a little hard on him?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 08:10 AM
    I respect your opinion but you think your being a little hard on him?
    Perhaps. I don't understand why people don't go through all the proper complaint channels first until a resolution is found, then share their experience on CrackBerry.
    eji930 likes this.
    04-22-15 08:14 AM
    As an iPhone user, I find myself wanting a better typing experience and have long considered selling my 128GB iPhone 6 for a new Blackberry Classic. Yes, it sounds nuts to many. There�s a lot to love about iPhone, but lately the keyboard and the battery life haven't been as stellar since I first turned it on in January. I've made a list about what I use and what matters, and BB checks most boxes surprisingly (some compromises naturally, but I adapt well having been a user of all four major platforms). So what�s someone to do if they want to test drive the Classic? Seeing Verizon Wireless is my carrier, I visited my nearest VZW retailer Sunday afternoon.

The retailer is Procom Wireless (1515 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL), billed on its signage as a Premium Retailer for Verizon Wireless. Seems legit. The store looked nice when I walked in � albeit an empty store with three employees standing around.

I didn�t get any of their names because the visit was brief: two African American employees (one male, one female), and the third a Caucasian male. That third employee, who was seated the entire time and playing with his own phone, is the man who laughed when I asked this simple question:

�Do you have the Blackberry Classic on display? I want to test it out.�

I was honestly stunned when I heard his laugh. It was one of those laughs that asks, �Who the f***?� or says, �What an irrelevant phone, and you�re a backwards a***ole for asking.�

The professional female of the three answered.

�We do not have the Classic in stock but we can order it for you.�

I politely declined, about-faced, and exited the store. My contract ends at the end of March 2016, but I am tempted to pay the ETF to leave early and try out AT&T or T-Mobile again. Leaving a service is the only real �f*** you� that matters, because it�s too late to tell the laughing Rep what I think and feel about him. The moment has passed.

Has anything similar happened to you, ever, when asking about a BB phone (or any phone)?
    Like did they cal their buddies and such. Did they point at you and laughed as you were walking out? Did any of their customers join in on the laughter as any of this was going on? I would like more details please. Laughing out loud
    04-22-15 08:20 AM
91 1234