Is this a known issue? What did I do to cause this to happen? What can I do to prevent it from happening again? Are there common practices that I should know about to keep the hub running at peak performance?

Using: ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.1.2072
    This morning it was acting weird when it automatically synced itself to a junk folder for one of my email addresses.
    From the hub settings I went into that email account and unchecked that sync folder option.
    The items were still in the hub, so I swiped right, selected that specific email account, then dropped the top menu down to see only that junk folder. I then selected the date and chose to delete all prior.
    Nothing got deleted.
    I backed out, into the main hub. Nothing had changed. All the junk was still there, and the texts were still there. I refreshed the hub. Next, I restarted the phone.
    All the junk was deleted, but also all the text messages got deleted at this time. Everything else(other email addresses, BBMs, etc) is normal.

Any tips?
    If nothing helps, i'll revert to a backup I made a couple days ago.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 08:32 PM
    Bump.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 06:22 PM
    Never happened to me -- had Classic since release.
    04-10-15 06:50 PM
    Actually, it's also deleted my phone call history a couple times now.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 04:06 PM
    Seems like it's a rare case because this is the first I heard of it. Can you describe how you might of came about the problem or back track it?

Long live Blackberry.
    04-14-15 05:00 AM
    I don't believe it's anything specific that's triggering it. Every time the call history has been wiped it's been in a different scenario.

I just clicked on the phone icon (the physical one on the tool belt) now, and it had deleted my call history again.
    This is the 3rd or 4th time now.

Last night I was on the phone before I fell asleep(everything was normal). After the conversation I turned on my alarm(swipe down from the top and clicked the alarm icon that is in my quicksettings), and then I opened sleepbot to track my night.
    When I woke up in the morning (after hitting snooze a few times) I closed the sleepbot app, dismissed my alarm, and then I opened CB10 to check my thread. After reading your post, I minimized CB10 and clicked the phone icon.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 07:15 AM
    My text messages often get removed automatically and i am left with 0 conversations. Today, I cleared my junk, and the next thing I know is that my texts are also gone. The hell is this device doing? It's a 20 day old classic and screwing me almost every other day. Did anyone find a solution to this? I'm running 10.3 though. Network says it didn't happen from their end.
    06-17-15 01:18 PM
    Why do you even sync your junk email folder? I've never heard of this happening but at this point you might be better off not deleting your junk emails and just removing the junk folder from your hub.
    06-17-15 02:38 PM
    The phone seems to randomly wake in my pocket even with lift to wake disabled. I've unlocked the phone to find a text message open with a single letter in the text entry field. I've woken my phone to find a dialog "are you sure you want to delete all messages for this day?". I was able to press cancel. But had I been clumsier getting it out of my pocket, i may have accidentally, and unknowingly deleted a days worth of messages.

This may have happened in the scenario described by the OP. I miss my leather sleeve case...not sure where I left it.
    06-18-15 08:36 AM
    Reinstall your OS. That's not a common bug. And if it can be recreated reliably, take a video of what's going on.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 09:40 AM
    I've had it happen once...no idea why and hasn't done it since. Now I just make sure to backup everything more often in case it ever happens again.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 10:12 PM
    reset the hub by going to the hub screen and swipe diagonally from top right to bottom left 5 times. see if it brings them back.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 05:06 AM
    Why do you even sync your junk email folder? I've never heard of this happening but at this point you might be better off not deleting your junk emails and just removing the junk folder from your hub.
    I didn't "sync" the junk folder. I actually filed an email to junk and the next thing I know is that the device has pulled all junk emails. So I cleared it and unticked it from the drop down at the hub.

Did someone figure out this "auto-deleting texts bug"? Also, on the classic, can't we use "alt+trackpad scroll" to move at the horizontal end of the line/sentence?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 06:14 PM
    My Classic keeps deleting all prior e-mails with no warning. At first, this happened about once every six months, but it has happened 5 times in the past week. It usually deletes only my work e-mail account, but once last week, it deleted all of my gmail e-mails but nothing else. I travel a lot and need access to e-mail on the BB. HELP!!!
    01-30-17 07:08 PM