Simply fantastic. The Classic is a true BlackBerry device

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 05:18 AM
    For the last 5 months, Shazaam insta-crashes the moment I try to open it. Keep in mind, I used the app perfectly for years with my Bold 9900.
    I have a Z30 and experienced this constant crashing as well. It used to work ok months ago, so the latest versions must be causing this. Solution was to remove the app and forget about it.

I stick to using Shazam only on my 9900, where it loads very fast and works the way an app like this should. The current day Android implementation of this app is way too bloated and slow IMO.
    11-29-15 07:15 AM
    Maybe, but i need to copy and paste from email and calendar to spreadsheet and from spreadsheets back to calendar and email, using two devices will cut off my productivity unless i use my classic just for talk and messages. I like dual carrying, but my second device is a samsung android just for non-work activities (waze, and others)

Posted via CB10
    Such a shame so many basic essentials got lost enroute to BB10. WAY improved over 2 yrs ago, IMO, but I still dual carry Classic with 4yr old 9900 partly for those missing basic essentials.

One work around for inserting spreadsheet rows, however, is to select & cut all rows below, move down one (or more) rows, then paste. Utterly ludicrous procedure but made more tolerable by the "alt" + trackpad scroll select on Classic. Classic is BEST BB10 device for that maneuver, IMO.
    11-30-15 02:52 PM
    Such a shame so many basic essentials got lost enroute to BB10. WAY improved over 2 yrs ago, IMO, but I still dual carry Classic with 4yr old 9900 partly for those missing basic essentials.

One work around for inserting spreadsheet rows, however, is to select & cut all rows below, move down one (or more) rows, then paste. Utterly ludicrous procedure but made more tolerable by the "alt" + trackpad scroll select on Classic. Classic is BEST BB10 device for that maneuver, IMO.
    Yep, I really like it, but there are definitely a list of things I wish they would just fix already. I don't know if it's just that there isn't enough people complaining about it or what. Don't know why these things don't get fixed as they are obviously not done correctly.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-30-15 04:19 PM
    I'm on my second Classic.
    The first one had a defective autofocus.

Since then no problems, after almost a year.
    Battery also is doing great!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 03:11 AM
    Yep, I really like it, but there are definitely a list of things I wish they would just fix already. I don't know if it's just that there isn't enough people complaining about it or what. Don't know why these things don't get fixed as they are obviously not done correctly.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    At least a few things got pointed out during the "Insiders Event" over in BBForum last Spring. DT finally got corrected so maybe hope for at least a few corrections yet?? idk. I, for one, could have lived without that "force fed" update a few months ago but don't really blame BB for that. Thank you California? ??

User feedback must be an essential part of things but some of these things never should have made it to users. A tough sell to convince me that the folks responsible for the recent calendar actually USE that calendar themselves. If they do, that might explain some things also, tho. Lol.

Decades ago an ALPO exec famously opened & publicly consumed their product to demonstrate confidence in the product they produce. Since then, I've heard and used the metaphor of "eating ALPO" for engineers & execs using the products they produce. Someone in BB might could use more ALPO in their daily diet, IMO. Lol.
    12-01-15 09:47 AM
    At least a few things got pointed out during the "Insiders Event" over in BBForum last Spring. DT finally got corrected so maybe hope for at least a few corrections yet?? idk. I, for one, could have lived without that "force fed" update a few months ago but don't really blame BB for that. Thank you California? ??

User feedback must be an essential part of things but some of these things never should have made it to users. A tough sell to convince me that the folks responsible for the recent calendar actually USE that calendar themselves. If they do, that might explain some things also, tho. Lol.

Decades ago an ALPO exec famously opened & publicly consumed their product to demonstrate confidence in the product they produce. Since then, I've heard and used the metaphor of "eating ALPO" for engineers & execs using the products they produce. Someone in BB might could use more ALPO in their daily diet, IMO. Lol.
    As the weeks go by im get the feeling the OS10 is being abandoned. Seems that they are only waiting for PRIV market approval to cut OS10's head.
    12-01-15 11:33 AM
    As the weeks go by im get the feeling the OS10 is being abandoned. Seems that they are only waiting for PRIV market approval to cut OS10's head.
    You might be right but the wishful hoping part of me can see possibilities for continuing BB10 as a "flagship" enterprise platform while letting Andy finally satisfy long needed consumer market. ?? Idk. I doubt BB itself knows, at this point.

I do know Andy probably won't be kind if BB's entry is perceived as "half baked". Plenty of "ALPO" needed there, IMO.

Our Classics might get called on for extended service if Andy proves unfriendly to toolbelt. A possible fall back niche should BB Andy sales falter. ???
    12-01-15 12:10 PM
    Tried to get rid of my Classic to go back to my 9900 and every time id have to open a pdf file or such on my 9900, I find my self loving the Classic more.

bcuffy
    02-13-16 06:32 PM
59 123