No complaints here. Gonna hold off on anything new till this comes out...
    How's your Classic holding up?-blackberry-vienna-android.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    11-17-15 08:52 AM
    Huh?
    My Classic is doing great. Just a little to heavy compared to the Bold 9900
    11-17-15 09:33 AM
    My screen started to randomly act like it's possessed and since I bought it off a re-seller I am completely screwed I think...otherwise it was the ideal phone...
    11-17-15 09:48 AM
    Bought mine in Dec.2015 worked great from day 1 (touch wood) Like the look of upcoming Vienna however Never liked Android and hate to bail on BlackBerry now been with them to long but would have liked a Classic 2 running OS10 . How's your Classic holding up?-screen-20151117-150618.png
    Attached Thumbnails How's your Classic holding up?-vienna.jpg  
    andy957 likes this.
    11-17-15 02:31 PM
    I have had my BlackBerry Classic for almost a full year now and I love this phone, mostly because of the track pad and physical keys.
    I move to this phone after my Z10 went Kaplah and it was a sorta spontaneous purchase with the intent to get something better later on in the year but I haven't yet, theres no need to.

I have only had 2 problems with this phone so far, one was I had no sound from the speaker for almost a month, the head phones worked but that did me no good as I use this phone as my alarm clock so I had to put it in a cup with loose change since it only vibrated , then one day it just started working aging, not sure why.

The second thing is the WIFI kicks out sometimes and I have to do a reboot of the phone to make it work aging, not sure why but not often enough to worry about it.

Anything else has been from OS updates that messed with Apps a bit, and I have tossed and dropped this poor thing a few good times and no breakages.

The only reason I will get another phone is there are some limitations with what apps will work, like games for example, I can not play my angry birds and a good number of others because of the screen size.
    For what ever reasons blackberry does not like websites that use Flash media (no plugin available) which is a bit of a bummer.

If anything it will be a great backup phone or something I can hand over to my family to use afterwards.

Done on BlackBerry Classic, Rip Z10
    11-17-15 04:45 PM
    Love my Classic (Blue) and most days prefer it over my Passport (which I also love). Sad that it's clearly end of life but hopefully the Vienna fills the void for those of us that appreciate Blackberry's awesome PKB's!
    11-17-15 10:02 PM
    Classic is starting to lag big time.

Usually pretty good and keep minimal on my phone and either box my stuff or transfer chunks off the phone to keep everything moving. But last few weeks, text won't load, convos (bbm or whatsapp) won't load, delayed calls,etc...

Even the camera has become super lagged and won't snap proper.

Love this phone but, Ahh it's buggin a bit

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 10:11 AM
    11 months on d dot now with my Classic. Got mine on the 19th of Dec, 2014. Still the best BlackBerry ever made in my opinion. And having had the 9900 and the Q10, I am still having "The Best of Both Worlds" with my Classic.
    I intend getting a new Classic 4 keeps just in case with all these noise about the death of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 10:18 AM
    Swapped my iPhone 5S for the Classic, and wouldn't go back.

There is nothing "wrong" with my phone- anything I dislike about it is personal preference, but there are no factory defects. It's never bricked, it hasn't slowed down, etc.

The only thing I wasn't expecting was a screen scratch. I thought it had gorilla glass. I should have confirmed that before tossing it in my purse. Again, user end, not QC issue.

While the rumored Vienna is QUITE an attractive proposition, I'm not sure I'd want to give up Blend at this point! The only thing that would lure me away from Classic would be a better native calendar/task app. These are my most used apps and they are awful. (No Blend support for Remember makes it virtually useless, unless one syncs it with Evernote, which I can't due to the confidentiality laws of my profession.) Currently using a third party Android port and USB/LAN sync for calendar/tasks/notes, which makes me feel stuck in 2005.... Dat keyboard, tho.... :-)

Posted via CB10
    kjmcl528 and BBRYQ10 like this.
    11-18-15 09:45 PM
    Since the Classic was released, I've had it. . . In my dreams I'd like to get a Classic soon. I just hope that my employer will be kind enough to give a good bonus this Christmas

Quality under the skin.
    11-19-15 09:44 AM
    Since the Classic was released, I've had it. . . In my dreams I'd like to get a Classic soon. I just hope that my employer will be kind enough to give a good bonus this Christmas

Quality under the skin.
    You should be able to find a $200 Classic easily

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    11-19-15 05:32 PM
    I've had my Classic since day 1(if you don't count my 45day wait from last year's pre-order debacle) , it was well worth the wait! After playing with the Priv(and yes I'm used to Android, I have a Samsung Tab pro), and reading all the pros & cons..i truly appreciate my Classic even more!! Yea I wish a had a couple apps, but not at the expense of losing alot of the convenient gestures & built-in utilities(ie: file manager)! If a new phone has all the apps in the world but slows me down productivity, then that equals a loss.

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    11-19-15 05:38 PM
    Had mine for a couple months and no real issues. Came from 9900 and so obviously being late to the OS 10 realm, twas some learning to do.

Only issue is some occasional lag on Android apps like Score Mobile, but knew that going in and its manageable.
    11-25-15 09:19 AM
    one was I had no sound from the speaker for almost a month, the head phones worked but that did me no good as I use this phone as my alarm clock so I had to put it in a cup with loose change since it only vibrated , then one day it just started working aging, not sure why.
    Funny, this happened to me this week. I realized I had overslept, even though I had the alarm set as normal. Then I noticed no sound from iHeart Radio. Rebooting it seemed to fix it.
    11-25-15 10:22 AM
    Came to Classic from 9810 slider and should have waited for the PRIV, because I like the slider form factor that much.

However, Classic is very solid and reliable for me. My only beefs:
    1) As mentioned by someone else, it's clumsy to use as a PHONE. I have to hold at a 45 degree angle away from my cheek so that I don't touch the screen and mute or something. Fortunately, don't use it much as a phone.
    2) Lack of Google Hangouts - we use this a lot for work - I can use the mobile site but size of display becomes an issue.

Other than that, it has been solid. Took it on holidays and because it has LTE was able to use it at my daughter's remote house as a wireless hotspot to connect to work - just wunnerful.
    11-25-15 10:37 AM
    Came to Classic from 9810 slider and should have waited for the PRIV, because I like the slider form factor that much.

However, Classic is very solid and reliable for me. My only beefs:
    1) As mentioned by someone else, it's clumsy to use as a PHONE. I have to hold at a 45 degree angle away from my cheek so that I don't touch the screen and mute or something. Fortunately, don't use it much as a phone.
    2) Lack of Google Hangouts - we use this a lot for work - I can use the mobile site but size of display becomes an issue.

Other than that, it has been solid. Took it on holidays and because it has LTE was able to use it at my daughter's remote house as a wireless hotspot to connect to work - just wunnerful.
    I've never had a single problem using it as a phone. The screen turns off when it's within 5 inches of my face. Is your proximity sensor not working???

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-25-15 10:55 AM
    I like my classic and I'm very happy with it. Had a double-typing issue after 3 months tough, but got it replaced by warranty. The new one is fine now.
    The only thing that should be better is the CPU. Sometimes it's really slooooow...

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 01:49 PM
    Can you not just enter the wrong passord in 10 times and it will wipe itself, then reload software

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 11:44 AM
    My Classic operates great. It looks like the day it arrived. I got it soon after their release. I use it constantly for business. Its battery is still too small for a day's use, but with extra chargers located everywhere I work, an Anker charger, and getting into the habit of just keeping the Classic plugged in all the time, the battery deficiency is manageable. Overall it's still the best phone I have used, BlackBerry named it right, it's really become a classic.
    11-26-15 08:59 PM
    Can you not just enter the wrong passord in 10 times and it will wipe itself, then reload software

Posted via CB10
    not if the new software for BB Protect was installed / enabled.
    11-26-15 10:52 PM
    I have had a Classic since last Christmas and, really, it's held up great! No problems except that it is sometimes slower than you want it to be. I splurged and got a SE which is fantastic, but can't get rid of my Classic just yet.

Typed on the fantastic Passp�rT SE!
    11-26-15 11:37 PM
    Tight

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 11:43 AM
    5 months, im glad with my classic. I can take some deficiency with calendar and apps lacks,but what still is annoying for me is the docs to go spreadsheet "downgrade". A cannot insert or remove lines/rows , cannot insert or remove sheets and the view feature is separate from the editing feature making it very hard to edit and scroll along the spreadsheet using shortcut keys and i cant view the entire content of a cell if i want. What i cant understand is :
    1- Why Docs to go just downgrade the app ? The same app for OS 7 was amazing, it could edit whatever i want and change between edit and view mode with one click, view the entire content of a cell and many more...How could they just downgrade the app that is just the main type of organization method worldwide recognized ?? How can i explain for other people that my old curve was much more efficient to organize and edit my spreadsheets ?
    2- Why many users are not complaining about spreadsheet downgrade ? I thought that nowadays everybody were using spreadsheets to organize life, and editing and organize spreadshees in our phones was just a must-have function. So , again, how could they have done it ? For me its like bring up a new phone with half megapixel camera, or a phone that cannot make email attachments. Maybe im wrong and spreadsheets are oldfashion ? or people are not so worried about organize themselves ?
    11-28-15 03:52 PM
    5 months, im glad with my classic. I can take some deficiency with calendar and apps lacks,but what still is annoying for me is the docs to go spreadsheet "downgrade". A cannot insert or remove lines/rows , cannot insert or remove sheets and the view feature is separate from the editing feature making it very hard to edit and scroll along the spreadsheet using shortcut keys and i cant view the entire content of a cell if i want. What i cant understand is :
    1- Why Docs to go just downgrade the app ? The same app for OS 7 was amazing, it could edit whatever i want and change between edit and view mode with one click, view the entire content of a cell and many more...How could they just downgrade the app that is just the main type of organization method worldwide recognized ?? How can i explain for other people that my old curve was much more efficient to organize and edit my spreadsheets ?
    2- Why many users are not complaining about spreadsheet downgrade ? I thought that nowadays everybody were using spreadsheets to organize life, and editing and organize spreadshees in our phones was just a must-have function. So , again, how could they have done it ? For me its like bring up a new phone with half megapixel camera, or a phone that cannot make email attachments. Maybe im wrong and spreadsheets are oldfashion ? or people are not so worried about organize themselves ?
    Unbelievably annoying but that's not a Classic only deficiency. Common across BB10, AFAIK. There is a ridiculously protracted way around it but easiest to just use 9900 for excel and calendar. Dual carry makes it nice to work spreadsheet & calendar in one hand while communicating thru Classic in other hand. A satisfyingly productive combo.
    11-28-15 11:03 PM
    Unbelievably annoying but that's not a Classic only deficiency. Common across BB10, AFAIK. There is a ridiculously protracted way around it but easiest to just use 9900 for excel and calendar. Dual carry makes it nice to work spreadsheet & calendar in one hand while communicating thru Classic in other hand. A satisfyingly productive combo.
    Maybe, but i need to copy and paste from email and calendar to spreadsheet and from spreadsheets back to calendar and email, using two devices will cut off my productivity unless i use my classic just for talk and messages. I like dual carrying, but my second device is a samsung android just for non-work activities (waze, and others)

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 04:44 AM
59 123