I've seen CB just light up with pics since the Priv has been released but it'd be cool to see how Classic users feel about there phones a year later.

I sold my Classic after using it for a few weeks initially and went to an typical touch screen phone, but missed it and I just ordered another Classic (blue ftw!) today.

Post pics of your workhorse so we can show the Blackberry Classic some love in here!
    MDoza likes this.
    11-15-15 01:16 AM
    I just moved from a Samsung S4 to the classic and I love this. The only problem that I face is the guy who sold me the phone has left his BlackBerry account in the phone. I can't wipe it without knowing the password and apparently he isn't helping either.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 02:40 AM
    Going on 10 months with 30+ Classics in my corner of company. ZERO undeserved reliability issues. Not even double type. Not even paint wearing off the keys, yet. We typically swapped kb on our 9900s after about 6 months due to paint wear on numeric keys. (heavily used for QC validation data entry)

Biggest problems have been with some Android apps. Drenching with water. Like our 99's, red (non-tax) diesel fuel is sure death for trackpad. We drop them to the floor at least twice the rate of 9900s (owing to larger, top heavy ff) but they're VERY resilient. I watched one tumble from, and thru, a second story scaffold, striking multiple obstacles to the concrete. (hard hat area!!) Not even a cracked screen!

Heartbreaking is a Classic's remains hanging in a ziplock "body bag" on the breakroom bulletin board. That one found its way under a skid steer. Lol. Probably post a photo some day but too pathetic for this thread. Not sure who ate that one?

I have my share of complaints with Classic (size, calendar & non-swappable battery), and still dual carry 9900, but Classic is holding up superbly, IMO. Best single handed friendly smartphone in current production!!
    Last edited by idssteve; 11-15-15 at 09:47 AM.
    11-15-15 09:26 AM
    I used the black BlackBerry classic and I ordered a blue one 2 weeks ago. Best device I've ever used! Love the physical keyboard and form factor.
    It fits my needs perfectly� it's a joy using a blue BlackBerry classic. A true sexy and unique phone.

FYI: my daily drivers are the blue blackberry classic and Passport Silver edition. 2 sexy phones

Posted via CB10
    keddypa and Techno-guy like this.
    11-15-15 10:02 AM
    I just moved from a Samsung S4 to the classic and I love this. The only problem that I face is the guy who sold me the phone has left his BlackBerry account in the phone. I can't wipe it without knowing the password and apparently he isn't helping either.

Posted via CB10
    He refuses to help?? That blows...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-15-15 10:27 AM
    I used the black BlackBerry classic and I ordered a blue one 2 weeks ago. Best device I've ever used! Love the physical keyboard and form factor.
    It fits my needs perfectly� it's a joy using a blue BlackBerry classic. A true sexy and unique phone.

FYI: my daily drivers are the blue blackberry classic and Passport Silver edition. 2 sexy phones

Posted via CB10
    Exactly my thoughts, and I also use the SE and blue Classic.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 11:13 AM
    For me the classic is the best phone I've ever used. Keyboard works like a charm, HUB is awesome, Trackpad and Belt are great.
    I rarely miss Google Play Services, and get some times frustrated, when web services suck a little and there is no App I could use instead. But to be serious the Car 2 Go Services I use are one of the few times, where I am a little bit annoyed...

Wouldnt mind a better Processor and more ram. Battery is okay, could be a little bit better. I feel my Q10 had a better batterylife, but thats just me. I also liked the form factor of the Q10 over the Classic, but its not too big imho.

The only phone I would trade it right now is a Classic 2 with said changes and maybe changeable battery... yep.
    11-15-15 11:41 AM
    For me the classic is the best phone I've ever used. Keyboard works like a charm, HUB is awesome, Trackpad and Belt are great.
    I rarely miss Google Play Services, and get some times frustrated, when web services suck a little and there is no App I could use instead. But to be serious the Car 2 Go Services I use are one of the few times, where I am a little bit annoyed...

Wouldnt mind a better Processor and more ram. Battery is okay, could be a little bit better. I feel my Q10 had a better batterylife, but thats just me. I also liked the form factor of the Q10 over the Classic, but its not too big imho.

The only phone I would trade it right now is a Classic 2 with said changes and maybe changeable battery... yep.
    I'd like to see a type-c usb port on the side again. Glassweave would be nice. Lose the big glass panel that says "Classic". Go back to the black steel band than the Q10 had. Enlarge the trackpad (may require the 9900 curved keyboard). And of course...modern specs.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 12:21 PM
    Love my Classic. Holding on to it for as long as I can. My first one had a double typing issue and ShopBlackberry was a PITA to deal with in swapping the phone out. This one seems to be holding up much better.

Posted via Classic
    11-15-15 02:38 PM
    Love my Classic. Holding on to it for as long as I can. My first one had a double typing issue and ShopBlackberry was a PITA to deal with in swapping the phone out. This one seems to be holding up much better.

Posted via Classic
    For some reason that we'd like to understand, our batch of Classics have, so far, exhibited no double type. They still have the "force fed" OS shoved on to us a few months ago. It sounds like some software input filtering has pretty well mitigated doubletype in later OS versions so I'd expect you're good to go now.
    11-15-15 04:00 PM
    I'd like to see a type-c usb port on the side again. Glassweave would be nice. Lose the big glass panel that says "Classic". Go back to the black steel band than the Q10 had. Enlarge the trackpad (may require the 9900 curved keyboard). And of course...modern specs.

Posted via CB10
    Glass weave has MUCH superior thermal transfer coefficient. Might reduce device overheat while watching videos thru Miracast & slimport. ??
    11-15-15 04:05 PM
    I picked up the Priv but just switched the sim Prive getting too hot waiting for replacement. Might just keep classic.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 06:56 PM
    Can the guys at the BlackBerry service store help? Or am I screwed?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 03:33 AM
    Best phone ever! Loving the Classic!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 06:18 AM
    I wish I could echo everyone's positive sentiments, but 11 months in and my Classic is a constant source of frustration. Several minor irritations that really overshadow the many positives with the phone. First, Blackberry is the only smartphone I've ever known, and I came to the Classic after 3 glorious years with the 9900. There are three huge sources of daily frustration for me and they are:

1 - text messaging functions completely stop working for approximately 5 minutes every single time my phone connects to a bluetooth device. For example; I leave an appointment and get in my car. While sitting in the parking lot, I'll check the messages I missed while at my appointment - if I'm lucky, I'll at least get to read the text (probably 50% of the time), otherwise I'll just get a blank chat field. If I try to respond to the text, it will let me type my reply, but won't send it and will eventually display a "failed to save text" message. So now I have to start driving, and I won't be able to reply to any texts until I get where I'm going. I text all the time, so this is literally a daily issue for me. There are times where someone texts "where are you?" and I can't write them back. So annoying.

2. My car - 2013 Civic. For over a year with my Bold 9900, my car would read my incoming texts to me, and also allow me to choose one of 6 pre-written replies. I never once had an issue. With my Classic, I had only my first month of this being successful. Ever since then, my car displays that my phone is not compatible with the texting function, even though my phone displays "My Honda" logo when connected via bluetooth and lists sms/mms functions as a capability. Audio and phone calls also work perfectly via bluetooth in my car, just no longer with the text messages. Keep in mind, I didn't change or do anything to my car, this is a Classic issue.

3. If I have the phone to my ear on a sunny day, the sunlight will constantly trigger the sensor, making the Classic think I've taken the phone away from my ear. Since I haven't taken the phone away from my ear, my cheek will starting pressing #'s on the dial pad. I've had many occasions where my cheek would magically dial an entire number and switch the phone to a conference call mode or switch off my call to dial this new #. The solution? Use speaker-phone in public(!) or always carry my headset on me. God forbid I try to use my phone as a phone.

- Another issue that is just annoying is the broken "Delete Prior" feature. The other day, I tried to clear some space by using 'Delete Prior', and the message popped up "Delete prior 273 messages", I click continue but only some of the messages were deleted. I still have text messages from Dec 2014 (and facebook all the way back to July 2013) that will not delete. No matter how hard I try.

- When I'm driving in my car and hear a song that I like (or to settle an argument); I used to use Shazaam to identify it. For the last 5 months, Shazaam insta-crashes the moment I try to open it. Keep in mind, I used the app perfectly for years with my Bold 9900.

- Broswer freezing. I understand there are issues with some web features and Blackberry. I'm ok with that, and I don't get too worked up with these issues. However, I like sports, and I like reading scores and headlines. I like to use ESPN's website for this (the world's largest sports-media company). However, I have approximately 50% success rate with this website working. Half the time it freezes and I have to close and re-load the browser. God forbid a site like ESPN.com work well on a Classic.

I still have a lot of the same positives to share as everyone else; durability, solid battery life, types like a dream, solid hub functions, etc. I want to love this phone so much, I really do, but every day I run into something that is annoying and all these relatively minor annoyances really add up over time. Now, my biggest concern is this; with the arrival of the Priv, is Blackberry going to sweep service for BB10 phones under the rug? This is what they did to OS-7 users when BB10 was launched. It makes me worried that I will have a hugely flawed Classic until my contract is up or I fork over $600 for a new phone. If anyone can help me fix any of the issues I have listed, I will be grateful.

Sorry to rain on the Classic positivity from the previous posters. I just wanted to honestly respond to the OP's original request, "how's your Classic holding up?".
    DeliFresser and Mr4aces like this.
    11-16-15 08:27 AM
    I wish I could echo everyone's positive sentiments, but 11 months in and my Classic is a constant source of frustration. Several minor irritations that really overshadow the many positives with the phone. First, Blackberry is the only smartphone I've ever known, and I came to the Classic after 3 glorious years with the 9900. There are three huge sources of daily frustration for me and they are:

1 - text messaging functions completely stop working for approximately 5 minutes every single time my phone connects to a bluetooth device. For example; I leave an appointment and get in my car. While sitting in the parking lot, I'll check the messages I missed while at my appointment - if I'm lucky, I'll at least get to read the text (probably 50% of the time), otherwise I'll just get a blank chat field. If I try to respond to the text, it will let me type my reply, but won't send it and will eventually display a "failed to save text" message. So now I have to start driving, and I won't be able to reply to any texts until I get where I'm going. I text all the time, so this is literally a daily issue for me. There are times where someone texts "where are you?" and I can't write them back. So annoying.

2. My car - 2013 Civic. For over a year with my Bold 9900, my car would read my incoming texts to me, and also allow me to choose one of 6 pre-written replies. I never once had an issue. With my Classic, I had only my first month of this being successful. Ever since then, my car displays that my phone is not compatible with the texting function, even though my phone displays "My Honda" logo when connected via bluetooth and lists sms/mms functions as a capability. Audio and phone calls also work perfectly via bluetooth in my car, just no longer with the text messages. Keep in mind, I didn't change or do anything to my car, this is a Classic issue.

3. If I have the phone to my ear on a sunny day, the sunlight will constantly trigger the sensor, making the Classic think I've taken the phone away from my ear. Since I haven't taken the phone away from my ear, my cheek will starting pressing #'s on the dial pad. I've had many occasions where my cheek would magically dial an entire number and switch the phone to a conference call mode or switch off my call to dial this new #. The solution? Use speaker-phone in public(!) or always carry my headset on me. God forbid I try to use my phone as a phone.

- Another issue that is just annoying is the broken "Delete Prior" feature. The other day, I tried to clear some space by using 'Delete Prior', and the message popped up "Delete prior 273 messages", I click continue but only some of the messages were deleted. I still have text messages from Dec 2014 (and facebook all the way back to July 2013) that will not delete. No matter how hard I try.

- When I'm driving in my car and hear a song that I like (or to settle an argument); I used to use Shazaam to identify it. For the last 5 months, Shazaam insta-crashes the moment I try to open it. Keep in mind, I used the app perfectly for years with my Bold 9900.

- Broswer freezing. I understand there are issues with some web features and Blackberry. I'm ok with that, and I don't get too worked up with these issues. However, I like sports, and I like reading scores and headlines. I like to use ESPN's website for this (the world's largest sports-media company). However, I have approximately 50% success rate with this website working. Half the time it freezes and I have to close and re-load the browser. God forbid a site like ESPN.com work well on a Classic.

I still have a lot of the same positives to share as everyone else; durability, solid battery life, types like a dream, solid hub functions, etc. I want to love this phone so much, I really do, but every day I run into something that is annoying and all these relatively minor annoyances really add up over time. Now, my biggest concern is this; with the arrival of the Priv, is Blackberry going to sweep service for BB10 phones under the rug? This is what they did to OS-7 users when BB10 was launched. It makes me worried that I will have a hugely flawed Classic until my contract is up or I fork over $600 for a new phone. If anyone can help me fix any of the issues I have listed, I will be grateful.

Sorry to rain on the Classic positivity from the previous posters. I just wanted to honestly respond to the OP's original request, "how's your Classic holding up?".
    I've never had the issue with text messaging not working after BT connection, but maybe that is because the only BT devices I use only access the music. I don't have the BT car connection where it takes over all functions, and even if I had a car with that, I would only want to stream music to the car, not connect any of the communication parts to the car... So I guess I can't comment on that and for me the phone works great. I have a few complaints too, but I have a secondary Android device to use for Uber and I'll take the Classic any day of the week...

11-16-15 10:50 AM
    I absolutely adore my blue Classic! Such a beautifully designed device built for efficiency. Words cannot express how much I love the trackpad and the full toolbelt. Combined with the top notch keyboard, it truly is the ultimate BlackBerry-ness that got me hooked on BlackBerry in the first place.

I was so happy when Classic was introduced because when I had my Q10 I was constantly aware of something missing, something that in my opinion is the crucial element that makes BlackBerry what it is, and that element is the full package of the keyboard, trackpad, and toolbelt. It was a joy to see BlackBerry reintroduced the keyboard to new devices running BB10 but it was an absolute delight to witness the full comeback of classic BlackBerry-ness with the introduction of BlackBerry Classic. I happily retired my beloved Q10 and got the Classic. Absolutely love it. Although I do prefer the size of the Q10 and the removable battery. Other than that, Classic is everything to me.

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    11-16-15 10:56 AM
    Going on 10 months with 30+ Classics in my corner of company. ZERO undeserved reliability issues. Not even double type. Not even paint wearing off the keys, yet. We typically swapped kb on our 9900s after about 6 months due to paint wear on numeric keys. (heavily used for QC validation data entry)

Biggest problems have been with some Android apps. Drenching with water. Like our 99's, red (non-tax) diesel fuel is sure death for trackpad. We drop them to the floor at least twice the rate of 9900s (owing to larger, top heavy ff) but they're VERY resilient. I watched one tumble from, and thru, a second story scaffold, striking multiple obstacles to the concrete. (hard hat area!!) Not even a cracked screen!

Heartbreaking is a Classic's remains hanging in a ziplock "body bag" on the breakroom bulletin board. That one found its way under a skid steer. Lol. Probably post a photo some day but too pathetic for this thread. Not sure who ate that one?

I have my share of complaints with Classic (size, calendar & non-swappable battery), and still dual carry 9900, but Classic is holding up superbly, IMO. Best single handed friendly smartphone in current production!!
    +1

Just to heavy compared to the 99. Gotta love how cheap parts and easy to R and R the 99

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    11-16-15 12:00 PM
    He refuses to help?? That blows...

I wonder if typing BlackBerry 10 times will unlock it?

11-16-15 12:01 PM
    I've had my Classic since April of this year. Solid device. Heavy, professional feeling. Truly classic and elegant in its way. I don't have any plans to switch yet because this phone has been great (and the fact that I try to use a phone a minimum of 1 year before deciding to upgrade.) Yes, as some have mentioned already, there ARE limitations but nothing so serious as to freak out over it, at least for me. I love being able to be so efficient with BOTH the trackpad and touch screen. They both get love from my fingers Not to mention the physical keys. Type out emails and texts like a beast while listening to the click, clack, click of those keys.

I certainly hope that Chen either releases a Classic 2 with BB10 and better specs (yes I have heard about the BB Android Vienna-we'll see how that ends up looking), OR Blackberry figures out a way to further integrate the BB10 functions and gestures into their Android phones. I totally understand why Blackberry went the route they did with the Priv and the Android eco-system but at the same time, I hope that BB10 will continue to develop/mature as an OS and some other functionality or apps will be integrated better.
    ViaCassian likes this.
    11-16-15 12:02 PM
    I have been very happy with the Classic. I did have some problems with the USB but they were my fault for dropping the phone into a plate of ravioli. Phone is repaired and working fine now.
    11-16-15 12:34 PM
    For some reason that we'd like to understand, our batch of Classics have, so far, exhibited no double type. They still have the "force fed" OS shoved on to us a few months ago. It sounds like some software input filtering has pretty well mitigated doubletype in later OS versions so I'd expect you're good to go now.
    I hope so. I am really quite smitten with this little phone of mine.

Posted via Classic
    11-16-15 06:15 PM
    Can the guys at the BlackBerry service store help? Or am I screwed?

Posted via CB10
    try entering the wrong password until it automatically swipes. i lost my first Z10 and someone was still able to use it. Though its not a Classic, it may have the same workaround.
    11-16-15 06:25 PM
    +1

Just to heavy compared to the 99. Gotta love how cheap parts and easy to R and R the 99

Huh?
    11-16-15 10:46 PM
    My Classic is just fine & dandy :-)
    How's your Classic holding up?-img_20151117_072607.png

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 07:28 AM
59 123