Guys, I figured it out. I went to bed with my device plugged in and unplugged it in the middle of the night fully charged. When I awoke again this morning the battery was down to 77%!

So I decided to check the memory hogs and I located the culprit:

LOCATION SERVICES

Turn the damn thing off! It's draining your battery big time and no doubt uploading volumes of private location tracking info to Big Brother.

If any of your apps need your location they will ask your permission when you load them up. The rest of the time no good can come from having the feature turned on.

Hope this tip helps others.
    Vintage123 likes this.
    12-24-14 05:00 PM
    You must have an app that's checking it often. Do you use geo-fencing or anything like that? I don't have that issue at all and mine is left on.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-24-14 05:46 PM
    I have my location services on 24x7 and my battery performs ok...Head over to app permissions and check which app is using location services even when the app sis not in use.

Probably it's an Android app.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 05:57 PM
    Maybe Instagram? Or Sirius radio?

I can't edit the IG location services. I might just delete it. There's iGrann for Blackberry works pretty well
    Last edited by yyzberry; 12-24-14 at 09:44 PM.
    12-24-14 08:34 PM
    login blackberry engineering screen
    Then you can choose to close one cpu core which will suffice your request for sure
    Forget about saving mode
    One core mode for the win
    CAUTION !!! USE AT YOUR RISK
    pm me if you need the detail how to get the unlock code for escreen://
    12-24-14 08:55 PM
    Lower screen brightness
    Turn off wifi
    Turn off nfc
    Turn off bluetooth
    Turn off location services
    Turn off advanced interactions
    Lower screen time out
    If you have a lot of pushed emails, change them to update every hour, and learn how to manually refresh. For email updates.
    Turn off led notifications
    Having encryption enabled drains battery fast as well.

Keep your phone plugged up at night, and take it off the charger when your leaving the house in the morning.
    Having phone on silent helps preserve battery.
    Some android apps drain battery.

If you have a new phone give the os time to settle because everything is syncing to your phone.

BBM: 2BE320B5 CHANNEL: C00121E43
    12-24-14 09:27 PM
    This must be a joke. If you kill all of above you're left with a dummy phone.

I do use MS Exchange Activesync. Maybe it's still sync with the server, albeit 5 days later.
    andy957, Q10Bold and unbreakablej like this.
    12-24-14 09:45 PM
    I have all the above on - my phone lasts 24hrs constant usage.

You have a dud phone buddy.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 09:58 PM
    To add to my previous comment - see my screen shot. 3 email accounts, one linkedin account, one facebook, one Skype, one whatsapp and bbm constantly on.

Location services on, WiFi, bt, nfc, brightness 75%.

The fact that you are suggesting people turn all the above off is ludicrous. Take your phone back buddy, it's faulty.

How to vastly improve batter life on the Classic-img_20141224_205938.png

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:01 PM
    Do you browse the web often or use Instagram? Android apps?

Mine isn't faulty.
    12-25-14 08:25 AM
    Location services have always been a battery hog on all OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 08:41 AM
    Yes I browse the Web a lot. Be it kijiji for that new classic car I'm looking for, or ebay for parts for my truck.

I read tonnes of reviews on all tech. It is my job to keep up with the corporate IT world, so I'm constantly googling new tech.

Then I'm on linkedin 3 hrs a day minimum.

Replying to the wife's 100+ texts, the 5 phone calls she makes during my 12 work day. Then the kids calling me on top of that.

Whatsapp to keep up with all my buddies.

Facebook to speak to family. Constantly having 5 conversations going in the hub from facebook chat alone.

Skype to phone my family as I live 5000k away from them all.

Then I sit on the cb10 app every 5 spare minutes I have.

I have 3 email accounts I have to manage. 1 is for my corporate job, 1 is for my business and 1 is personal.

I would class myself as a very heavy user. The only time my phone is down is during meetings (2-3 a day min) and coffee breaks.

The phone holds up to all my abuse. I will start to slowly move everything over to my surface pro 3 in the new year with blend now installed on it. So the phone can sit in my jacket pocket and I can work from my pro 3 effortlessly.

All in all great device. Those having issues with it, either have a faulty device, or are not using the phone for its intended use.

My 2c

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 10:27 AM
    Lower screen brightness
    Turn off wifi
    Turn off nfc
    Turn off bluetooth
    Turn off location services
    Turn off advanced interactions
    Lower screen time out
    If you have a lot of pushed emails, change them to update every hour, and learn how to manually refresh. For email updates.
    Turn off led notifications
    Having encryption enabled drains battery fast as well.
    What's the &%#@"* point then??

Honestly to me, if you have to turn of pretty much everything on the phone. Just to make it last the day. IT'S THE WRONG PHONE for you.

If I was BlackBerry I would have taken a high-ish capacity battery from the old BBOS phones and doubled it and started from there. So the lowest would be around 2,450 or so.

If cell phone manufactures promised consumers 2 day battery life. They would be much more willing to purchase the device. Just like the Passport. Such an awesome battery in that thing

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    12-25-14 11:45 AM
    You're a workhorse bro. Fyi don't let your wifecall you so frequently during the day. Just a tip.

Any Android apps kicking around?
    12-25-14 12:20 PM
    In your pictures app, go into settings and turn off stories.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-25-14 12:21 PM
    Hahahaha - I try not to lol. But ya know, happy wife, happy life.

I don't have any as far as I'm aware.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 02:16 PM
    If I was BlackBerry I would have taken a high-ish capacity battery from the old BBOS phones and doubled it and started from there. So the lowest would be around 2,450 or so.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    Lol,.. you really think BBOS phones had high-ish capacity batteries?

They had very low performance components (and no LTE), together with screens and an OS that begged you to use it for only as long as you really had to, toss it out the window and instead power up your computer to actually interact with the web.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 04:24 PM
    If your looking for ways to improve battery life certain steps can be taken, nowhere near did I say turn everything off. I just listed things that can be turned off to improve battery. So calm down. Seriously smh

BBM: 2BE320B5 CHANNEL: C00121E43
    12-25-14 08:39 PM