Using a Classic. On my old Bold 9900, I could set the screen timeout to turn the screen off after a specified period of time, but without locking the device. Now, on my Classic, when I set a screen timeout to, say 2 minutes to turn off the display ONLY to save poser, when I pick up the phone and re-activate, it is always locked. Please don't tell me that Blackberry has now set up this device such that anytime the screen times out the device must lock. This is truly awful...I just want to be able to turn off the display without locking the phone every time...
    12-14-16 10:25 AM
    Settings + Security and Privacy
    Under Device Password --> Password Lock --> Lock Device After (set to 10 minutes or whatever is long enough)

Hope this helps.
    undefinederror likes this.
    12-14-16 02:19 PM
    Settings + Security and Privacy
    Under Device Password --> Password Lock --> Lock Device After (set to 10 minutes or whatever is long enough)

Hope this helps.
    There is also an option to lock device when holstered, so if OP is using a holster, also make sure that option is off. Unless you want it to do that of course.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-15-16 01:22 PM
    There is also an option to lock device when holstered, so if OP is using a holster, also make sure that option is off. Unless you want it to do that of course.

You're right, but I can only go by what he said: "when I pick up the phone and re-activate, it is always locked"
    12-15-16 03:05 PM
    Under the display options there is a screen timeout. Set that to a relatively short time then set the device lock to a longer time.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 07:50 PM
    You're right, but I can only go by what he said: "when I pick up the phone and re-activate, it is always locked"
    Was merely adding to what you have said. Not correcting.

coffee-turtle likes this.
    12-16-16 12:47 AM
    Going to Device Password --> Password Lock --> Lock Device After (set to 10 minutes or whatever is long enough)
    means that I have to use a password every time the screen locks. "Lock device after..." requires a password to be set up.
    I do not want to have to set a password. All I want to do is set the device so that the device does not lock when the screen times out.
    12-16-16 07:52 AM
    Going to Device Password --> Password Lock --> Lock Device After (set to 10 minutes or whatever is long enough)
    means that I have to use a password every time the screen locks. "Lock device after..." requires a password to be set up.
    I do not want to have to set a password. All I want to do is set the device so that the device does not lock when the screen times out.
    You're confused: the functionality you desire is right there at your fingertips. You set the lock timer to 10 minutes. Set your display timer for 2 minutes. It's that simple, and it's how my phone is set up.

Before you go criticizing or blaming BlackBerry for things, do a little research, ask politely, and be open to advice.

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    12-16-16 11:06 PM
    You could also makes use of smart lock. The device remains unlocked let's say when your at the office or connected to your car's Bluetooth.
    12-18-16 07:12 PM