I ordered a Blackberry Classic Blue from Blackberry 3 weeks ago.

I noticed a few different days when I woke up, the phone was off. It would not turn back on until I plugged it in & held down the top power button for an extended period of time around 30 seconds. Then a red light would show up, & it would re-boot.

I started noticing the phone would not charge past 68%.

Also, when on, and if I click down the top power button, it asks RESTART or POWER OFF...... If I choose restart, it does not restart, it just shuts off! Then it requires plugging in to charger and doing the power button long hold down to get the red light to show and then boots back up.

I complained and filed an RMA. They sent me a replacement.

I was about to ship the defective one back to them, but I'm trying to remove my photos & files from the phone. The blackberry battery drained all the way to 0% and then said Shutting Off Device due to dead battery.

I am trying to charge it & hold down the top button for an extended period of time like usual to get this thing booted back up so I can retrieve my files, but this time it is not working! It acts like it is dead. It does not have any light come on. No red light this time after I hold down the top power button for 30 seconds.

Are there any other ways to get this on? Obviously this battery is horrible from the start. Can't I get inside and change the battery? Any way to force this on or boot it up? It's perfect, never dropped, just a completely dead battery! If I send in to Blackberry they will not save my files!!!!
    11-01-15 10:01 PM
    Have you tried talking dirty to it? That might turn it on. Ha I kid, I kid.

I have a z10 that does that and the only way I can get it to work is to charge a battery separately and replace the dead one. I THINK you can put new batteries in phones like the classic and z30 but I have no clue about cost and you would have to be willing to disassemble the phone to do it. The part about replacing the battery is not from my own experience, rather from reading this forum. Seems some here have replaced batteries on z30 if I recall correctly.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 10:35 PM
    Just plug it into its charger and walk away for a while. As the battery charges, it will boot up again. I'd recommend letting it charge to 100% before unplugging it, but you can use it while it's charging.

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2339, Radio .2340
    11-02-15 12:26 AM
    I would avoid opening device to replace internals since it may affect your BlackBerry warranty. Keeping it on a prolonged charge as suggested to you may help but if possible try to use a high capacity wall charger greater than 1.7 amps. The standard USB charger may not give you enough juice to initiate a charge on a dead battery. If this fails to give any sign of a charge you can try "stack charging" the device to see if it will enable it to power on. The process was often necessary for Playbook revival and it might also help you with your issue as a last resort. Read F2's protocol on page 1 of the following post:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-741383/

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 01:53 AM
    So sorry...just noticed that you have already received your replacement phone. That being the case no worries on compromising your warranty claim. Feel free to open it up and experiment!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 05:02 AM
    So sorry...just noticed that you have already received your replacement phone. That being the case no worries on compromising your warranty claim. Feel free to open it up and experiment!

Posted via CB10
    They send you the replacement first... and if there's funny business, then they charge you for both
    11-02-15 05:33 PM
    They send you the replacement first... and if there's funny business, then they charge you for both
    Too true. Not worth the risk.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:22 PM