Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Greetings.
    My old Blackberry Classic had problematic battery.... life span less 2 minutes. Resulted in terminating service for Classic & bought BB Passport. I then wanted to transfer photos of that SIM Card to computer. Unfortunately BB Link doesn't recognize the device, because it no longer has ability to connect to WiFi , and box popup advises to reinstall software, but that means losing all my pics off sim card.
    Question:
    How do I Transfer the pics off this SIM Card now?
    Am I able to remove from the Classic & insert into my new Passport?
    Thank you in advance
    07-08-19 01:02 PM
    How do I Transfer the pics off this SIM Card now?
    You mean your SD card? Your SIM card doesn't hold images. Just take the SD card and put it in your Passport, all your pictures will be there and viewable as they were on your Classic.
    07-08-19 01:14 PM
    Sorry meant SD card... will give it a try when I get home. thanks.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    07-08-19 01:22 PM
    Thanks, I removed the SD Card from Classic & inserted into Passport... I checked Settings, storage, and the media card is recognized.
    - Downloaded & installed Blackberry Link on my Win 10 laptop. Connected Passport to laptop, software started,... updated to current version..... but took several tries to successfully complete Backup.
    - I want to transfer pics from device to laptop.
    - When I click on device pictures folder, nothing appears. Where are my pics?
    As I was hoping something may eventually appear in pictures folder, connection error msg appeared.
    Please advise.
    Thanks in advance,
    07-09-19 12:00 AM
    Since they are on your SD card, place the card in the PC and copy them there using file explorer.

Link isn't the most cooperative program.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-12-19 06:16 AM
    That's a good thought, however, my HP laptop doesnt have a slot for Passport Micro SD Card... I don't have an adapter, and I live 2 hours from nearest computer supply store.

Any other suggestions.
    07-12-19 09:51 PM
    That's a good thought, however, my HP laptop doesnt have a slot for Passport Micro SD Card... I don't have an adapter, and I live 2 hours from nearest computer supply store.

Any other suggestions.
    When you purchased the microSD card, didn't it come with an adapter for a full sized SD card? Every micro or mini SD card I've purchased came with the adapter.
    07-13-19 02:46 AM
    Once you have 'moved' your data, maybe consider starting to use Google Photos. Thus, all photos are backed up AND said photos would be available from ALL smartphones and devices
    07-13-19 09:44 AM

Any other suggestions.
    When you installed Link and connected your Passport, did you get two network drives on your PC called Y:\ and Z:\?.

If not, then the SMB1 protocol is disabled on your PC. Windows 10 turns it off by default now because it's a known malware attack point.

There are ways to turn it on, but if you just want access to the SD card, all you need to do is turn on mass storage mode on the phone.

"Settings" > "Storage and Access" > "Access using USB" > "USB Mass Storage Mode" > turn "On".

Now, when you plug it into your computer, you should see "removable drive" pop up.

Now, just use the file explorer and copy/paste what you need.

As a note, internal memory is not accessible this way, only the SD card.
    07-13-19 12:33 PM
    Thanks for the google drive suggestion. However, I am a senior & live in rural prairies, where the only way to access internet is through mobile hotspot. 2 hour drive to nearest free Wi-Fi... takes alot of time to load photos, and the provider chargers are outrageous. Prior to Win 10, Blackberry Link software worked so well, efficiently.
    ================
    Joe, thank u for the instructions... everything worked until
    .............when you plug it into your computer, you should see "removable drive" pop up. .......
    Unfortunately, no popup appears... I do not see any popup box that says "removable drive"?
    What shall I check here?
    Thanks
    07-13-19 05:22 PM
    Joe, thank u for the instructions... everything worked until
    .............when you plug it into your computer, you should see "removable drive" pop up. .......
    Unfortunately, no popup appears... I do not see any popup box that says "removable drive"?
    What shall I check here?
    Thanks
    I meant it should show up with your list of drives listed under "My Computer". It may show it as "Removable Disk", or as "USB Drive", along with whatever drive letter the computer assigns to it.

Then, it's a matter of clicking through the file structure to get to the directory (or "folder", as they are called these days) your pictures are stored.

For example, on my PC, it shows up as a USB Drive, and gives it a drive letter of D:.

How to Transfer Pics from SIM card to Computer AFTER-annotation-2019-07-13-215733.png
    07-13-19 10:02 PM
    I had difficulty with this also, here's what you do: Runisoft.com has BB 10 apps

Go to Home

Get the " Sync my photos app " it's Awesome
    Last edited by Blindsman; 07-14-19 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added site name
    07-14-19 12:46 PM