Hi. I know I'm one generation behind but I'm only now making the switch from BB Classic to Key2 LE. Since I am a Mac user I've always had trouble moving content from one phone to another, but I always succeeded – until now. Does anybody know how you can still move the data from a BB10 phone to BB Android in 2020?

Back in the old days I could use BlackBerry Blend, Link or Desktop Software – those are no longer supported on MacOS Catalina. No way to run them anymore.

There used to be third-party apps like Sachesi which I can still run, but it never connects the Mac to the BlackBerry Classic – it just keeps trying with the "Talking to 1 possible device(s)" prompt. (Sachesi 2.0.3 from 2015 is the latest Mac-friendly version I can find. Most likely it's not compatible with MacOS Catalina.)

For videos, pictures or documents back in the days I could just connect my BlackBerry Classic to the computer using an USB cable and move them as if my BlackBerry were a USB drive – but since upgrading to Catalina, MacOS fails to connect, after manually connecting to the BlackBerry's IP address and prompting for password it shows me the "media" and "removable_sdcard" folders but an error prompt always pops up when attempting to enter them. No files are ever shown.

I believe all the permissions and sharing are set up well on the BlackBerry Classic. It's running BB OS 10.3.3.2137 – the last one I was able to flash through Sachesi before MacOS upgraded to Catalina and the app stopped working.

Since BlackBerry World is no longer working, I cannot download any apps oficially to my BlackBerry Classic. I did manage to install an APK of BlackBerry Content Transfer from apkmirror.com and by some miracle I moved my contacts, one part of my SMS messages, pictures and videos – but now I'm stuck while trying to transfer the documents. If I do it over Wi-Fi, it always stops around half-way at one particular number (208) and claims the Wi-Fi network stopped working (it didn't and it always stops at number 208 out of 400). If I do it over Google Drive it stops at about 250 out of 400 documents and doesn't move an inch even if you let it run for 6 hours.

Two questions:

a) does anybody have an idea how to move the documents from BlackBerry Classic to Android?

b) does anybody have an idea how to move my entire SMS messages? BlackBerry Content Transfer has a cap at 3500, however I've got over 38 000 SMS messages on my Classic that I would hate to lose – it's my entire "BlackBerry life".

Sorry for bothering you with such an antique, but this great community always found a way to help.
    AsieCt likes this.
    10-02-20 05:37 PM
    Hi. I know I'm one generation behind but I'm only now making the switch from BB Classic to Key2 LE. Since I am a Mac user I've always had trouble moving content from one phone to another, but I always succeeded – until now. Does anybody know how you can still move the data from a BB10 phone to BB Android in 2020?

Back in the old days I could use BlackBerry Blend, Link or Desktop Software – those are no longer supported on MacOS Catalina. No way to run them anymore.

There used to be third-party apps like Sachesi which I can still run, but it never connects the Mac to the BlackBerry Classic – it just keeps trying with the "Talking to 1 possible device(s)" prompt. (Sachesi 2.0.3 from 2015 is the latest Mac-friendly version I can find. Most likely it's not compatible with MacOS Catalina.)

For videos, pictures or documents back in the days I could just connect my BlackBerry Classic to the computer using an USB cable and move them as if my BlackBerry were a USB drive – but since upgrading to Catalina, MacOS fails to connect, after manually connecting to the BlackBerry's IP address and prompting for password it shows me the "media" and "removable_sdcard" folders but an error prompt always pops up when attempting to enter them. No files are ever shown.

I believe all the permissions and sharing are set up well on the BlackBerry Classic. It's running BB OS 10.3.3.2137 – the last one I was able to flash through Sachesi before MacOS upgraded to Catalina and the app stopped working.

Since BlackBerry World is no longer working, I cannot download any apps oficially to my BlackBerry Classic. I did manage to install an APK of BlackBerry Content Transfer from apkmirror.com and by some miracle I moved my contacts, one part of my SMS messages, pictures and videos – but now I'm stuck while trying to transfer the documents. If I do it over Wi-Fi, it always stops around half-way at one particular number (208) and claims the Wi-Fi network stopped working (it didn't and it always stops at number 208 out of 400). If I do it over Google Drive it stops at about 250 out of 400 documents and doesn't move an inch even if you let it run for 6 hours.

Two questions:

a) does anybody have an idea how to move the documents from BlackBerry Classic to Android?

b) does anybody have an idea how to move my entire SMS messages? BlackBerry Content Transfer has a cap at 3500, however I've got over 38 000 SMS messages on my Classic that I would hate to lose – it's my entire "BlackBerry life".

Sorry for bothering you with such an antique, but this great community always found a way to help.
    Use the cloud for email and contacts.

Use an SD card for all of your media and documents.

Use SMS Backup from BlackBerry World to export your texts to a CSV file. Then you will have an archive in Excel for your old messages. No need to lug all that around all the time.
    10-02-20 06:20 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply, I didn't think of an SD card – will go out and buy one in the morning.

I would love to use SMS Backup from BlackBerry World but BB World is no longer functioning, it won't let me download anything. Any idea if there is an APK I could download from elsewhere please?

And if I may add one more extra question regarding the MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 - Sachesi 2.0.3 connection: while Sachesi indefinitely keeps "talking to 1 possible device(s) the log shows socket operation timed out while trying to connect to 192.168.0.142. I am not sure if that's the BlackBerry's IP address – when I go to About - Network the Wi-Fi IpV4 address shows up at "192.168.0.101 /24". When I go to Development Mode the IP Address is shown as "169.254.0.1" which I can change e. g. to "169.254.0.5" but I cannot change the first two digits.

Any idea how to make Sachesi connect to an IP address of your choice?

I vaguely remember the solution lied somewhere in Mac's System Preferences - Network – there used to be a BlackBerry interface there where you could set the IP address and such. But in Catalina the BlackBerry interface disappeared and it won't let you add it anymore.
    10-02-20 06:34 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply, I didn't think of an SD card – will go out and buy one in the morning.

I would love to use SMS Backup from BlackBerry World but BB World is no longer functioning, it won't let me download anything. Any idea if there is an APK I could download from elsewhere please?

And if I may add one more extra question regarding the MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 - Sachesi 2.0.3 connection: while Sachesi indefinitely keeps "talking to 1 possible device(s) the log shows socket operation timed out while trying to connect to 192.168.0.142. I am not sure if that's the BlackBerry's IP address – when I go to About - Network the Wi-Fi IpV4 address shows up at "192.168.0.101 /24". When I go to Development Mode the IP Address is shown as "169.254.0.1" which I can change e. g. to "169.254.0.5" but I cannot change the first two digits.

Any idea how to make Sachesi connect to an IP address of your choice?

I vaguely remember the solution lied somewhere in Mac's System Preferences - Network – there used to be a BlackBerry interface there where you could set the IP address and such. But in Catalina the BlackBerry interface disappeared and it won't let you add it anymore.
    How to fix BlackBerry World 'No Network Connection' errors on BlackBerry 10 https://www.crackberry.com/how-fix-b...-blackberry-10

I'm not familiar with using Sachesi on a Mac, but many folks have reported having issues.
    10-02-20 06:37 PM
    Thank you, Conite. Going through the "How to fix BlackBerry World" walkthroughs now but they all require Sachesi – which I can't get to work.

However based on your advice I dug up my old BlackBerry Curve from 2010 – this is why you don't throw them away – to find out I actually did have an SD card back then. Guess what, 10 years later it's still working. As soon as I put it into my BlackBerry Classic and transferred some files the BB Classic popped up on my Mac – so I am now able to access the SD Card and transfer files from BB Classic to Mac over USB. Just the SD card though, not the BB Classic itself. And Sachesi is still unable to connect, but this way I'll at least save my documents.

There's gotta be a way to get that Sachesi to connect. It just keeps trying to connect to 192.168.0.142 and I don't know how to make it connect to another IP – nor do I know how I could possibly change the BlackBerry's IP address to 192.168.0.142 (even though I suspect that's my router...).

Thank you to anybody who might have an idea!
    10-02-20 07:21 PM
    And solved. Thank you Conite for moving me in the right direction.

For any Mac OS Catalina users struggling to back-up their BB10 (BlackBerry Classic in my case):

- if your BB won't connect to Mac in any way, the answer is inserting an SD card and turning the phone into Development Mode. When you plug in the USB cable the SD card will show in Mac's Finder. This way I was able to transfer my files folder by folder.

- to back up your SMS messages, Conite was right to suggest using SMS Backup from Epic Windmill available at BlackBerry World: in order to get a working BlackBerry World, download the Chrome Browser to your Mac, get the "BB10 / PlayBook App Manager" plug-in offered at chrome.google.com from "gridbook.org" and install as shown in this great tutorial:

Once SMS Backup has created the XML back-up file, copy it over to your SD card and transfer to Mac via USB cable.

The one thing I still can't wrap my head around is why Sachesi won't talk to the BlackBerry Classic – yet the BB10 / PlayBook App Manager is able to access it remotely via wi-fi and flash a .bar file to it. (And the answer is because Sachesi keeps trying to connect to the wrong IP address: if there was a way to manually change that, perhaps Sachesi would still work and back-up like it used to...)

Either way it's good to know even in Oct 2020 there's a way to make these devices talk to each other. Happily putting my BB Classic away and moving on to Key2. Thank you Conite once again!
    10-02-20 09:44 PM