Hello. My old Classic is still beckoning me, so I want to use it again. I would like to basically wipe out everything except Hub and GPS. Is there a way to delete most of the other apps and junk? I've scrolled through settings, but I can't seem to determine how. Thanks for your help.
    02-07-19 09:41 AM
    Hello. My old Classic is still beckoning me, so I want to use it again. I would like to basically wipe out everything except Hub and GPS. Is there a way to delete most of the other apps and junk? I've scrolled through settings, but I can't seem to determine how. Thanks for your help.
    If you would really like to do a good job, why not re-load it with the latest OS using an autoloader? That will wipe it totally clean and remove all but the default apps.
    02-07-19 09:59 AM
    Sounds great. But I must confess I don't know what that means. I've seen "autoloader" mentioned on these forums, but I'm a dummy- What exactly is that?
    02-07-19 10:19 AM
    You will need a PC to do this:

Go here with the browser of your PC : https://mega.nz/#F!fA0URRLL!P-4nDqc5...5LyhA!uUEXFISb

Download the second last file Z30............ 1.48Gb zipped file (yes this is correct as the Classic uses the same autoloader as the Z30) to your PC's desktop, then unzip that file using 7-zip program, plug your Classic into your PC and click on the unzipped autoloader .exe file. The process will begin to wipe your device and install the latest OS. It takes about 15 minutes or so.

You will, of course, need your BBID and password to sign in again so don't forget those.

The process is very easy -- Good Luck!
    02-07-19 10:23 AM
    Thanks! Appreciate the instructions. But is there any other solution that doesn't involve connecting to my computer?
    02-07-19 10:33 AM
    But is there any other solution that doesn't involve connecting to my computer?
    Yes there is. It's a Security Wipe: Settings/Security and Privacy/Security Wipe.

I personally don't like this option as it quite often takes forever (even days long) and I don't really recommend it. Having said this, even if it does bog down, you can always recover by the autoloader steps I mentioned above.
    02-07-19 10:39 AM
    Should ditch the SIM card if you are not using that, screen brightness is pretty major too. Using the private browser so you dont cache trackers or other files is getting to be a better and better idea everyday, although BB10's browser does not cache normally anyway.

Also, I find keeping the font to minimum just works better either in presentation or it is just a bit faster. Watch out for apps that run in the background all the time.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-19 10:47 PM
    If you use Android apps:

You can download the Ghost Commander app from BlackBerry World, go into Android's settings using the Applications list. Enable developer mode in Android settings by repeatedly tapping Build number, then in developer settings enable "Force GPU rendering" and turn off animations. Android apps should run better.

You can also lock down Android app permissions with https://download.apkpure.com/b/apk/Y...m49MS4xJnZjPTI

Finally, in BB10 settings open app manager and disable running in the background / when minimized for apps you don't use as much.
    Last edited by johnb_xp; 02-22-19 at 12:49 PM.
    02-20-19 04:50 PM
    Thanks! Appreciate the instructions. But is there any other solution that doesn't involve connecting to my computer?
    Hey Brian,

Just to make sure you're good and there's no misunderstanding, doing a security wipe (or using an autoloader) will completely wipe ALL data from the phone, so if there's anything you want to back up (old Remember notes, maybe some contacts, etc.) you'll want to do that before doing either option. But I second brookie's suggestions--a security wipe and/or autoloader is an excellent way to get back to basics for any BB10 device.
    02-20-19 06:04 PM
    An autoloader might affect your battery life so if you want your classic to run smoothly do not install google playstore..and if you want other apps aside from BBW use apkfile.. thats it!! believe Me, been using classic since 2014 never been open my battery lifespan is about 1 and half day its amazing..isnt it? for a 5years batt,,hahahaha and this is my daily driver...
    02-20-19 11:52 PM
    If you use Android apps:

You can download the Ghost Commander app from BlackBerry World, go into Android's settings using the Applications list. Enable developer mode in Android settings by repeatedly tapping Build number, then in developer settings enable "Force GPU rendering" and turn off animations. Android apps should run better.

You can also lock down Android app permissions with https://download.apkpure.com/b/apk/Y...m49MS4xJnZjPTI

Finally, in BB10 settings open app manager and disable running in the background / when minimized for apps you don't use as much.
    Could you please show a screenshot of the ghost commander android settings procedure?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-19 11:35 AM
    Could you please show a screenshot of the ghost commander android settings procedure?

Posted via CB10
    Here's an animated gif of screenshots.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/attach...-commander.gif

You'd open ghost commander, tap "Applications", scroll down to "Settings", long press the "Settings" button, and finally tap "Launch App". After doing that you will have access to the hidden Android settings in BB10.
    Attached Thumbnails How to Strip Down the Classic to Help it Run More Efficiently?-open-bb10-android-settings-ghost-commander.gif  
    02-27-19 11:36 PM
    Thank you very much, I have found everything! First lauching the "settings" just got me into "app ops" that I have installed, but for the second time it got me to the right place.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-19 01:25 AM