Hi everyone,

just got my classic today, and would like to know how to get a SMS icon/email icon when i receive a new sms or email on top of the screen? I'd like to be shown a little icon when i am on the main page, next to the battery level and time..

I'd like to have the email and sms icon on top next to the NFC icon. how do we do that?

how to show SMS and email icons on top screen??-img_20150322_093822.png
    03-22-15 09:12 AM
    You can't.
    OS doesn't allow it.That's why we have the HUB
    03-22-15 09:17 AM
    So sorry to be the bearer of bad news. They left a long list of awesome features from BBOS7 out of BB10, and at best you might be able to re-create some things with an app, albeit with caveats.

As far as this feature, the best you'll be able to do is a user-initiated action to get those icons in view for a moment. They call it "peek", where you push up from the bottom of the screen but don't let go. You're doing half of the minimize action, and at this point you see any outstanding notification icons as they would appear on the left side of the lock screen. But.....for most BB10 users there is literally no way to know that you might have missed a notification unless you initiate an action to check on this, a ritual iPhone people are used to. Android has this....a bar on top that tells you what's happening. BBOS used to have this to some extent as well.

But, since you have the classic, you do have the permanent hub icon in the lower left when you are not in an app. That will show a red star when you have something new (anything, not just SMS), so at least on Classic there is some advantage relative to all other BB10 phones. Also, your SMS icon will show a star as well, but that cannot be "docked" in constant view, like on iPhone or Android. The closest thing to the dock are the 2 items you can never change: hub icon and camera icon.
    03-22-15 09:57 AM
    Not possible. Swipe up on the screen and you can peak at all your notifications
    03-22-15 09:57 AM
    You can as an alternative have the home screen display previews when you get alerts to your hub. That way you can see them when you get them at a glance and can use the hub sneak a peak by flicking partially up the screen.

Posted from my BB10 passport
    03-23-15 10:00 PM